Game Thread: CSU Bakersfield @ Wyoming

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

We are a sloppy ball club, one bright spot tonight was Herndon. Good to see him show up. I'm not sure of this rotation, maybe Shyatt is just trying to find out who has the mojo. Interior Defense, and rebounding is sorely lacking. 13 up and should have put these jokers away, and could not close the door. A win is a win, though. Albeit, not very encouraging.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I'll take the win. Wish we wouldn't have given up the big lead but I'm not worried about it. Baby steps with this young team.

Was happy to see Herndon and JMac play well and Adams filling up the stat sheet again. Hope to see more James and Marshall in the future.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 156 times

No Marshall again.

We definitely benefited from the reffing, I think. Good to see other players step up tonight but disappointed we gave up that lead. A win is a win. Go Pokes
W-Y, Until I Die!
BigPurp278
Buckaroo

Was at the game - staying in town for the holiday since i live so damn far from home..

I was right under the basket on the offensive foul called in the waning moments. That was a pretty awful call IMO.

Also, I have little to no dog in this fight, since I am a student.. But there were a fair few people in the upper, non reserved section of the AA. Certainly more than I was expecting given it's basically a holiday. I would have loved to see people be able to move into the lower bowl.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Herndon finally looked like the guy everyone was expecting this season. Hopefully he continues to play this way. McManamen was solid all around. Adams can't let people get under his skin like that. Lieberman has been playing absolutely terrible. Hopefully he gets out of this funk soon.

Referees were terrible both ways, but I think Wyoming had a lot of calls go their way. The team is moving forward and competing which is all we can ask for this early in the season.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 621 times
Been liked: 255 times

DVDA wrote:Herndon finally looked like the guy everyone was expecting this season. Hopefully he continues to play this way. McManamen was solid all around. Adams can't let people get under his skin like that. Lieberman has been playing absolutely terrible. Hopefully he gets out of this funk soon.

Referees were terrible both ways, but I think Wyoming had a lot of calls go their way. The team is moving forward and competing which is all we can ask for this early in the season.
+1
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Where has this Herndon been all season! Dude looked much much better tonight. He looked aggressive and showed some real athleticism at times. Really loved what I saw from him. So damn confused by this whole Marshall situation.... Why being him here if he's not going to play.... He's easily the second best offensive weapon on the team...
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Where has this Herndon been all season! Dude looked much much better tonight. He looked aggressive and showed some real athleticism at times. Really loved what I saw from him. So damn confused by this whole Marshall situation.... Why being him here if he's not going to play.... He's easily the second best offensive weapon on the team...
I assume he wasn't ready to go if his ankle was bad enough to be in a boot a few days ago. Did anyone at the game pay attention to how he was moving?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 156 times

Marshall has been wearing a boot?
W-Y, Until I Die!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:Marshall has been wearing a boot?
http://wyonation.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check the first post on that page. He was apparently in a boot for the game in Billings.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

They said there were 43xx people there. I don't think there were more than 1200.
Lieberman has never been anything so why does everyone think he is in a funk? The kid has one good play a game and that is it.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I wasn't able to follow the game last night, thrilled we won, no matter the fashion! Also glad as others to see Herndon make the impact that I expected from him from the start of the season. I agree with Aaron that Lieberman up til this point really hasn't done a whole lot in his career yet, so whether or not he's in a funk I can't say. I've had pretty high hopes for him on the offensive end ever since he came to UW. Shyatt has been on record as saying Lieberman is one of the top 2 shooters on the team, but so far never seems to translate into games, although he hardly takes any shots anyway. When I watch him I kinda think it's a confidence issue so hoping that a few shots drop for him one of these days and he's able to elevate his game.

*Also in the very early going of this season, Adams is currently 2nd in the conference in scoring, averaging 21.4 ppg trailing only Marqueze Coleman of Nevada who is averaging 24 ppg. Only other cowboy averaging double figures is McManamen averaging 11.2 ppg shooting 54.2% from the arc which I expect to regress, but pretty solid so far!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Aaron wrote:They said there were 43xx people there. I don't think there were more than 1200.
Lieberman has never been anything so why does everyone think he is in a funk? The kid has one good play a game and that is it.
Naw, I'd sat 3k.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I thought the 16:10 mark in the 2nd half was when Herndon got aggressive and didn't let up after that - good to see. Still much room for improvement on the team - too many turnovers and not enough rebounding. It seems like we are reactive (many times way too late) instead of being proactive and not aggressive enough on rebounding. It looked like we were afraid we would hurt somebody or get called for a foul in going after the ball.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Anyone else hear the F bomb uttered by Adams when he got T-ed up?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

calpoke25 wrote:That was a bad call on the charge but I will take it.
Ya officials gave us that game right after we blew another big lead. This team plays hard but they can't finish and if they don't figure it out soon it's going to be a really long conference schedule.