Duval gone to UCF

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Scott Frost poached our strength coach, it looks like.
https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/statu ... 6710802432 WyoNation article:
http://www.wyonation.com/2016/01/zach-d ... l-florida/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

The only way for UW to remain relevant in sports is to pony up money. I read the thing on here the other day that Alabama's strength coach makes $600K.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2605 ... ns-dynasty" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The light at the end of the tunnel is pretty dim.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

What!?!?! I thought him and Bohl were tight?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Now maybe we can get someone to put some weight on these guys and not the "lean muscle" b.s. we were fed.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:What!?!?! I thought him and Bohl were tight?
Not as tight as him and Mr Benjamin Franklin
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Duval fit everything Wyoming is. I have met him on several occasions. He was fully invested in the state, the kids, his job. This is why when things like this happen it makes me scratch my head. Are we really not paying as much as UCF?

Of all the coaches on staff, Duval was a Wyoming kind of a guy.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

He was just the right amount of insane to be the perfect strength coach.
ImageImageImageImage
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:What!?!?! I thought him and Bohl were tight?
Not as tight as him and Mr Benjamin Franklin
Ive met Mr. Franklin a couple times, he's a very likeable guy. Will help you with anything when he's around...
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Here we go... not only is he our best coach but he is a mentor and a maker of young men. The would be a HUGE loss, the type of loss we can't afford. Man things are going in the poop real quick around here.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Does Burman know anyone that works out a couple times a week - they might be a good fit?

Worst season ever for the team and the only changes we see/hear taking place are due to someone else imposing their will.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Dec 9, 2013:

"It's going to be a great ride, folks, and strap it on because you're going to like what you see."

:brick:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

LanderPoke wrote:Now maybe we can get someone to put some weight on these guys and not the "lean muscle" b.s. we were fed.
Actually, if you look at starting weight and ending weight, it is astonishing how little weight players actually put on. I think somewhere around 10 maybe 15 pounds is the max.

A perpetual myth on this board is that players will greatly increase size, speed, and explosiveness. That simply is not true. Players put on some weight and usually increase strength (ability to lift weight). They don't get faster or don't jump appreciably higher and only marginally put on pounds.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

On a separate note, greatly expanding the salary pool for assistant coaches, coordinators, etc. will do more for WYO football than any other single thing we can do.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Somebody on here needs to win that Powerball and give some of it to the athletic dept. so we can pay to hire and keep some good coaches.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Now maybe we can get someone to put some weight on these guys and not the "lean muscle" b.s. we were fed.
Actually, if you look at starting weight and ending weight, it is astonishing how little weight players actually put on. I think somewhere around 10 maybe 15 pounds is the max.

A perpetual myth on this board is that players will greatly increase size, speed, and explosiveness. That simply is not true. Players put on some weight and usually increase strength (ability to lift weight). They don't get faster or don't jump appreciably higher and only marginally put on pounds.
While I agree about speed and maybe explosiveness, it's absolutely possible to maintain speed while getting bigger. And it's possible to get a lot bigger. Bigger is better in football.

It seems like Duvall was training for endurance like a wrestler would or something. You don't need endurance in football, you rest literally half the game and have at least a 20 second break in between plays.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I'd rather have good weight than Burger King weight (a go to for the lineman during the Glenn years)
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Take Appleby for instance. He's literally gotten smaller since high school. His body might look good, but is that going to help him play DT?? The trainer should help him increase muscle mass so he can get up to around 280 lbs or more.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: While I agree about speed and maybe explosiveness, it's absolutely possible to maintain speed while getting bigger. And it's possible to get a lot bigger. Bigger is better in football.

It seems like Duvall was training for endurance like a wrestler would or something. You don't need endurance in football, you rest literally half the game and have at least a 20 second break in between plays.
According to studies like this, there is marginal weight gain with decreases in fat and increases in muscle. No real change in speed or jumping ability. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 105235.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you look up the original research article D backs and WR gained about 15 pounds in 4 years. Linemen gained about 7 pounds in 4 years.

Definitely a significant (statistically) increase in weight but not like 20+ pounds or something.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

MrTitleist wrote:Scott Frost poached our strength coach, it looks like.
https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/statu ... 6710802432
This will always happen in Wyoming we don't pay coaches enough never have and never will.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Scott Frost poached our strength coach, it looks like.
https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/statu ... 6710802432
This will always happen in Wyoming we don't pay coaches enough never have and never will.

Assist. Coach salary pool is pathetic. Can't get quality.. "you pay for what you get.."

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl