Not a reliable source yet, but Nebraska is trying to poach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

LanderPoke wrote:Sucks that this kid wasted so much of our time. Held an offer for him all this time and screws us at the end. Guess all the time and relationships with the coaches and other recruits meant nothing. Man, one phone call from big red is all it took. This one bothers me more than any of the others for some reason and 'm not sure why .
I feel the same way. The other two don't really bother me. He committed in July and jumps on last day.
W-Y, Until I Die!
52mo
Buckaroo

TE Chase Allen from Missouri picked Iowa St. over NU and Michigan couple days ago so guessing Engelhaupt was next target.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Lamar Jackson has all the Nebraska fans saying, "David who?"
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 605 times
Been liked: 241 times

laxwyo wrote:Lamar Jackson has all the Nebraska fans saying, "David who?"
No joke. Englehaupt could have been something here. arrghhhhh
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

LawPoke wrote:I get that the kid flipped, Nebraska is his dream school. What I despise is the glee that Nebraska fans seem to exude at the thought of screwing Bohl and Wyoming. So much for the classiest fans in the country.
Personally, I think Nebraska fans being some of the classiest in the country is overrated. Go watch the 30 for 30 on CU football and see what they had to say about Nebraska fans. Absolutely despised them.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote:
LawPoke wrote:I get that the kid flipped, Nebraska is his dream school. What I despise is the glee that Nebraska fans seem to exude at the thought of screwing Bohl and Wyoming. So much for the classiest fans in the country.
Personally, I think Nebraska fans being some of the classiest in the country is overrated. Go watch the 30 for 30 on CU football and see what they had to say about Nebraska fans. Absolutely despised them.
I agree. I was raised a Nebraska fan...but I really struggle with them today. pretty arrogant bunch for not having won anything since 1997.
DWarner
Buckaroo

Hey guys,

I just wanted to extend this olive branch to the great Wyoming fan base. David is my kin through marriage, and I've had the privilege of working with David in youth football. He's been a great kid and athlete from a very young age and has worked hard to get where he's at. With that said, knowing him the way I do, I know that he truly appreciates the fans of Wyoming and the coaching staff for giving him the opportunity to compete at War Memorial. The timing isn't great and I know he feels bad, the decision was extremely hard on him and he took A LOT of time to think on it, but ultimately, Nebraska is his dream school. I always knew coaching him in pee wee football he'd be playing for the mighty Big Red.

Good Luck on signing day!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DWarner wrote:Hey guys,

I just wanted to extend this olive branch to the great Wyoming fan base. David is my kin through marriage, and I've had the privilege of working with David in youth football. He's been a great kid and athlete from a very young age and has worked hard to get where he's at. With that said, knowing him the way I do, I know that he truly appreciates the fans of Wyoming and the coaching staff for giving him the opportunity to compete at War Memorial. The timing isn't great and I know he feels bad, the decision was extremely hard on him and he took A LOT of time to think on it, but ultimately, Nebraska is his dream school. I always knew coaching him in pee wee football he'd be playing for the mighty Big Red.

1. Yeah, like 6 hours after being recruited for six months by Wyoming.

2. Barf
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Flipped like it was nothing.

Really shows the level of commitment for someone who was committed since July 4....

At least the Oklahoma boys stick to their word.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf
3. the kid coulda been a legend at Wyoming like Jay Novacek, Dabby Dawson, Randy Welniak,, etc...

4. At Nebraska, all he'll be is just an afterthought.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

dapokes wrote:At least the Oklahoma boys stick to their word.
I'm amazed they stuck to their word.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
DWarner
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf
Well, to be fair to David, 6 hours is a long time for a high school kid these days.

But I can assure you it was a really tough decision because of being recruited by Wyoming for so long. But come on...it's Nebraska. That's something you just don't say no to, especially living in Nebraska amongst the best fans in all of the land. I'm just glad now I can say I helped coach a Division 1 player who plays for Nebraska.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DWarner wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf
Well, to be fair to David, 6 hours is a long time for a high school kid these days.

But I can assure you it was a really tough decision because of being recruited by Wyoming for so long. But come on...it's Nebraska. That's something you just don't say no to, especially living in Nebraska amongst the best fans in all of the land. I'm just glad now I can say I helped coach a Division 1 player who plays for Nebraska.
The barf parade continues! Oh, man
DWarner
Buckaroo

Wyokie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf
3. the kid coulda been a legend at Wyoming like Jay Novacek, Dabby Dawson, Randy Welniak,, etc...

I don't know who any of those players are? Did they win any major awards?

Coach Riley and Coach Tavita Thompson told David the sky was the limit for him. Especially since they use their TEs better than Wyoming.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote:
dapokes wrote:At least the Oklahoma boys stick to their word.
I'm amazed they stuck to their word.
Well Shermazz Robinson and KJ Wells didn't, but 2/4 ain't bad, I guess
Last edited by LanderPoke on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

DWarner wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf

This is why I hate Nebraska and their fans. I'm all for you cheering and rooting for your team, but this mindset that Nebraska is the penultimate in college football; take that poop back to 1995. And best fans in the land??? Ha, try most delusional fans. This is the same fanbase that got Bo Pelini fired. 20 years from now Nebraska fans are going to look back and realize he was the best coach they have had since Tom Osborne, and they ran him out of town.

I have no beef with a kid choosing to go to his dream school, I'd do the same thing. But don't come on to this board and act incredulous towards us because "come on...it's Nebraska"...F*&# off.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

DWarner wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf

Coach Riley and Coach Tavita Thompson told David the sky was the limit for him. Especially since they use their TEs better than Wyoming.

Did you just ask if Jay Novacek won any major awards with a straight face?
DWarner
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote:
DWarner wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf

The barf parade continues! Oh, man
Come on now. Taking off your homer glasses. If you had the choice between playing at Memorial Stadium, in front of 90,000 hostile, best fans in America, or playing at War Memorial, in forest, with what...how many people do you average at your games? 10,000? Who would you pick?

I'm sorry David kind of spurned you guys. And you guys saying he doesn't know the word commitment, I can assure you he does, I've seen it when I coached him in Pee Wee. He gets it. It's just the best decision for him and I hope you guys can respect that.
DWarner
Buckaroo

Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf

Did you just ask if Jay Novacek won any major awards with a straight face?
Well, he didn't play in a Power 5 conference, so I don't know if he was really any good.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Listen man, it's both fair for both David to be excited about a Nebraska offer and for us to be pissed about it. He would have been a bigger fish in a smaller pound, and not all bigger pounds are better ponds. Now is probably not the time to come on here and hope to read nice things. Our coaches believed he could be a difference maker in the program since last summer, and Nebraska told him the same two days before signing day. It is what it is, I hope he gets what he's looking for out of his time in Lincoln.

GO POKES!
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.