Spring Game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

Who's going? Should be all-time great weather.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

I should be there for one, if nothing else just to see if Allen really is the savior everyone here seems to think he will be
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

How is the format of the spring game? Like the other scrimmages, or is it like a game type of format?
ImageImageImageImage
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote:How is the format of the spring game? Like the other scrimmages, or is it like a game type of format?

Received this today from the Wyoming SID office in lieu of the format for Saturday's Spring Game:

Coach Bohl has indicated that he would like to play a game format on Saturday rather than a scrimmage. The only thing that would change that is any additional injuries between now and Saturday.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Bob Stitt did the same up here.. #1 O and #2 D vs #2 O and #1 D. Two 12 minute quarters, two 10 minute quarters.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Yabadabadoo wrote: Received this today from the Wyoming SID office in lieu of the format for Saturday's Spring Game:

Coach Bohl has indicated that he would like to play a game format on Saturday rather than a scrimmage. The only thing that would change that is any additional injuries between now and Saturday.

Good info. How's the new gig?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote: Received this today from the Wyoming SID office in lieu of the format for Saturday's Spring Game:

Good, RTJ, it's been fun, although, due to an ownership restructuring I'm not certain I would like to stay under the new incoming umbrella. The paradigm with the executive team has changed substantially in a very short amount of time and it's not the same environment I originally walked into 2 months ago.

I've been gearing up for this for a while http://pokesradio.com/ and I'm looking forward to the launch sometime in the near future.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

Good, RTJ, it's been fun, although, due to an ownership restructuring I'm not certain I would like to stay under the new incoming umbrella. The paradigm with the executive team has changed substantially in a very short amount of time and it's not the same environment I originally walked into 2 months ago.

I've been gearing up for this for a while http://pokesradio.com/ and I'm looking forward to the launch sometime in the near future.
Glad its going good and hopefully the new suits don't screw it up. Look forward to your new site.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

The site looks great. Will it be free or will we need to buy a subscription?
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

phxpoke wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

The site looks great. Will it be free or will we need to buy a subscription?
Free for the most part...
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Will it be free or will we need to buy a subscription?
I'm willing to pay anything....anything!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

What a great game today! Another exciting game like last year.
Things I liked:
1. The kick off returns by Milo Hall. I think he found his way on the field this season as a KO return man.
2. Wick. He's back and he's running like a man on a mission. Punishing defenders and his red zone game will give us what we lacked last season.
3.Wingard. He made a lot of great plays with a pick and was in Josh Allens head all day.
Things I didn't like:
1. Josh Allen with two turnovers. One was a fumble that led to a scoop and score.
2. FG kicking. Missed chip shot cost the brown team the game.
3. Defensive giving up chunks on the ground...again
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

I only stayed for the first half, but I was definitely not impressed with Allen. There's no way he's running away with this
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Really wish I could've made it up there today. Anyway, I assume Allen was playing on the #1 offense against the #2 defense or was it a mixed roster on both sides? The defense really should be ahead of the offense in spring ball, but two turnovers is concerning.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

GoPokes86 wrote:Really wish I could've made it up there today. Anyway, I assume Allen was playing on the #1 offense against the #2 defense or was it a mixed roster on both sides? The defense really should be ahead of the offense in spring ball, but two turnovers is concerning.
I think Gold team was mostly #1 offense and #2 D and Brown was #2 Offense and #1 D. Wingard picked Allen and Granderson stripped him as well.
W-Y, Until I Die!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

mwc fan wrote:What a great game today! Another exciting game like last year.
Things I liked:
1. The kick off returns by Milo Hall. I think he found his way on the field this season as a KO return man.
2. Wick. He's back and he's running like a man on a mission. Punishing defenders and his red zone game will give us what we lacked last season.
3.Wingard. He made a lot of great plays with a pick and was in Josh Allens head all day.
Things I didn't like:
1. Josh Allen with two turnovers. One was a fumble that led to a scoop and score.
2. FG kicking. Missed chip shot cost the brown team the game.
3. Defensive giving up chunks on the ground...again
Unfortunately, my takeaways from this assessment. .. the negatives greatly outweigh the positives in my opinion.

Lucky for Milo, the pokes have a boat load off kick return opportunities
Our QB looking rough, garbage fg team again, and undersized front seven. Great.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Bohl stated after the game that Allen is the starter...unless he see's something on film. So, Allen is the starter.

Got a chance to meet up and have a drink with Ian McMackin after the game over at the Hilton Garden Inn, great guy.
http://pokesradio.com/
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Some fans need to realize in spring games, you are playing with half your weapons. Also consider we are missing a few starters.....including two defensive line starters. Plus, we'll get two JUCO Dlinemen this summer. And, last but not least, a scholarship kicker. Kickers don't get scholarships unless they are good.

Lastly, how about instead of finding fault in Allen, we praise the abilities of Wingard and Granderson...two defensive cornerstones to this program.

Go Pokes!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

Not sure why all the doom and gloom. I saw a lot of good stuff out there.

O line looks large and good. Wick is back, baby. Granderson looks good. Lbs look like they have size and speed. Wingard looks big and fast.

Other than the picks Allen impressed me. The one pick was the play before half time and he was just trying to make a td. I'm not worried about qb at all. He made some throws that made me squeal inside with joy. He really has a laser arm.

The young talent at WR shined today imo. CJ Johnson looks legit as well as Murphy. Hollister was a revelation and I think will be the best TE in the MWC.

And why is anyone upset about the crappy kicking game??? Our scholarship kicker is still in HS. What did anyone expect from our kicking game at this point in time? geez.

The DL is concerning though, but not enough to emote doom and gloom from me. I like what I see in year three. The foundation is set for some good years in the future.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote:
GoPokes86 wrote:Really wish I could've made it up there today. Anyway, I assume Allen was playing on the #1 offense against the #2 defense or was it a mixed roster on both sides? The defense really should be ahead of the offense in spring ball, but two turnovers is concerning.
I think Gold team was mostly #1 offense and #2 D and Brown was #2 Offense and #1 D. Wingard picked Allen and Granderson stripped him as well.
Gold was 1 D and 2 O. Brown was 1 O and 2 D. Half time score was either 28-7 or 28-14 Gold. Wacha and Wingard didn't play in the 2nd half. Translation: our defense is significantly better as the number 1 O struggled against number 1 D. Before anointing Nick Smith, he played against a defense that wasn't nearly as good as the gold today. Also, that gold D didn't have Meader (gone for year), Appleby (another knee injury), Malauulu, Hull, and Epps went down early in game and Priester went out after the collision with Hollister; those are just the ones I know about.

Conversely, Wick looked really good against the 1 D and CJ Johnson did a lot of his work against the 1 D.