LARRY SHYATT IS OUT. ALLEN EDWARDS IS IN. THAT'S A GOOD THING.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

"Larry Shyatt is out....and that's a good thing" is indirectly saying that we're better off without him and Edwards is in. Could you say that if you didn't believe Edwards is better?

Also, I believe it was 20:1 or 10:1. Wyo2dal knows for sure since he cashed out on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

laxwyo wrote:"Larry Shyatt is out....and that's a good thing" is indirectly saying that we're better off without him and Edwards is in. Could you say that if you didn't believe Edwards is better?

Also, I believe it was 20:1 or 10:1. Wyo2dal knows for sure since he cashed out on it.

It was 10:1 and the Pokes were a dark horse to win the tourney by many analysts. BSU/SDSU were the favorites for good reason, but Wyoming winning was far from a huge upset.

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2014-15-mo ... ament-odds
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

NowherePoke wrote:
laxwyo wrote:"Larry Shyatt is out....and that's a good thing" is indirectly saying that we're better off without him and Edwards is in. Could you say that if you didn't believe Edwards is better?

It was 10:1 and the Pokes were a dark horse to win the tourney by many analysts. BSU/SDSU were the favorites for good reason, but Wyoming winning was far from a huge upset.

I stand corrected with this info and thanks for the clarification. The previous website I saw (at my office, I'm now at home having trouble finding it) said it was Wyoming at 50-1 odds in that tournament. Still looking...
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Meaning, that I felt a change was necessary to see the program take the next step, that new vision and new blood were a good thing for the program. I complimented Shyatt several times throughout that story and I did maintain that I was glad he was the coach the last 5 years -- this seems to be lost on some.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:

I stand corrected with this info and thanks for the clarification. The previous website I saw (at my office, I'm now at home having trouble finding it) said it was Wyoming at 50-1 odds in that tournament. Still looking...
Unfortunately by the time all the Pokes fans got to Vegas it was down to 7:1. Made some damn good cash that weekend.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

Last year left such a filthy taste in my mouth sometimes it's hard to remember our tourney championship. Shyatt turned the ship around and brought us some great memories, but I felt like last year was not a good coaching job and I got the feeling that his heart wasn't into it like the previous years.

The way Edwards is recruiting has got me excited. Wish we had one more pg for next year, though.
LifeItself
Buckaroo

Betting odds are not what people think will happen as much as it is enticement for people to wager. This is a known fact. Using Vegas odds is not a good measuring stick of the REAL probabilities.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

I miss Larry, but I think AE is a diamond in the rough and we should be fine, maybe even better!!!