MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

From Wyoming Athletics:

Dec. 1, 2007

LAS VEGAS, Nev. -

Complete Results

Junior Eric Coxbill led the way for the Cowboys with three wins as Wyoming competed in the 2007 Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational this weekend. Wyoming finished in 37th place out of 50 institutions with a team score of 13.5.

"We knew going into this prestigious tournament that it was going to be very competitive," UW head coach Steven Suder said. "I am not disappointed in the way our guys competed, I am pleased with some of the progress we made this weekend."

Eric Coxbill, a junior from Wright, Wyoming, led all Cowboys with three victories by defeating Skye Wells of Western State 14-5 and Kennan McCurdy of Nebraska-Kearney 3-2. He now has nine wins on the season along with one pin and three major decisions.

Redshirt freshman Cole Dallaserra and sophomore Cory VomBaur both finished the tournament with 2-2 records. Dallaserra defeated Tyler Chang of Embry Riddle 4-1 and then pinned Chris Harris from Northern Idaho in 5:22. VomBaur earned his two wins by defeating Matt Henry of Purdue 4-2 and then beat Jimmy Conroy of Pittsburgh 3-0.

UW junior Colt Reece earned his first victory of the season by pinning Zack Giesen of Stanford in 3:55.

"We have a lot of young and inexperienced guys who are learning to compete at the Division I level," Suder continued. "There is a little bit of a learning curve there and our guys are making some great progress. We saw a lot of positive things this weekend from our young guys. We have to continue to work on things in practice to form good habits so we can push through and win some of those close matches."

The Cowboys will head up north to Boise, Idaho to dual the Boise State Broncos on Saturday, December 8, at 6 p.m. Last year the Pokes fell at home to Boise State 26-12.

Results:

125 - Cody Grant: 1-2
133 - Cory VomBaur: 2-2
141 - Cole Dallaserra: 2-2, 1 Pin
149 - Cody Chipperfield: 0-2
157 - Dane Fuhrman: 1-2
165 - Eric Coxbill: 3-2, 1 MD
174 - Kyle Morrow: 0-2
185 - Colt Reece: 1-2, 1 Pin
197 - Open
Hwt. - Jason Still: 0-2
ImageImageImageImage