Bohl to Purdue

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
208to303
Buckaroo

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/l ... d0baf.html

Have you guys seen this at all? Any validity to this story do you think?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Hasn't even really won at Wyoming yet, B1G school with deep pockets ain't gonna reach for a coach like they did with their last coach.
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I agree with the article that he would make sense as a candidate for them. All just speculation at this point
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

Let's put it this way: I'm sure if we have a reasonably successful season, (8 wins or so), Bohl will be a on quite a few short lists. The question is, does he want out so soon? He is quite old and I don't think anyone saw his coming here as a stepping stone for a larger program. That doesn't mean that it's not though. As always, I wouldn't be surprised if he moved on to bigger and better things.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Ugh. This is the problem with success. If we finish out the year strong every article is going to have Bohl as a candidate. I really hope he stays for the long haul. He not exacly a young coach anymore
208to303
Buckaroo

I don't think it'd be a big deal, i'd go snag Klieman if I were you guys and keep the momentum going.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unless he's truly unhappy here, doesn't see a way out and if his wife isn't happy in Laramie, we at Wyoming always have to understand we're a stepping stone University, that's why some day I hope we hire someone that is an alumni here, that might make quite a difference. Now next year if we go 8-4, then we'll really see where his stock takes him. But this year not worried about him leaving in the slightest
208to303
Buckaroo

stymeman wrote:Unless he's truly unhappy here, doesn't see a way out and if his wife isn't happy in Laramie, we at Wyoming always have to understand we're a stepping stone University, that's why some day I hope we hire someone that is an alumni here, that might make quite a difference. Now next year if we go 8-4, then we'll really see where his stock takes him. But this year not worried about him leaving in the slightest
We are the absolute ultimate stepping stone school I feel your pain. We lose an OC every year, and our coaches are always on other team's hiring radars. Although Harsin is an Alum hes left before, whos to say he wouldn't again if he has some more success.
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

I'd like to know the ins and outs of Bohl's contract to know if and how much of his money he wouldn't see were he to leave after this season or next. I'm sure that would be a pretty good indicator.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Coach Bohl is "Building Something Special" at UW. He's fantasizing about what he can do with that new $44 million High Altitude Performance Center in his back pocket:

208to303
Buckaroo

POKE FAN wrote:Coach Bohl is "Building Something Special" at UW. He's fantasizing about what he can do with that new $44 million High Altitude Performance Center in his back pocket:

http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/co ... /74320512/

Looks like they are spending 60 Million on theirs
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:Unless he's truly unhappy here, doesn't see a way out and if his wife isn't happy in Laramie, we at Wyoming always have to understand we're a stepping stone University, that's why some day I hope we hire someone that is an alumni here, that might make quite a difference. Now next year if we go 8-4, then we'll really see where his stock takes him. But this year not worried about him leaving in the slightest
The way this year's going, chuck pagano may be on a job search soon

:winky:

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
gopokes1399
Blog Team

208to303 wrote:
POKE FAN wrote:Coach Bohl is "Building Something Special" at UW. He's fantasizing about what he can do with that new $44 million High Altitude Performance Center in his back pocket:

http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/co ... /74320512/

Looks like they are spending 60 Million on theirs
Perdue is way behind on facilities... They desperately need that 60 mil upgrade
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

The HAPC will get us near the top in the MWC in facilities whereas Purdue is lacking even with their new facility. They still won't be near the top in their conference in terms of facilities.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Compared to the rest of the BIG they are in the stone age
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I don't foresee Bohl leaving unless its for reasons above such as doesn't like Laramie or wife is unhappy. He seems to me like a guy that is motivated by a challenge. He likes building things from the ground up. He only left NDSU, I think because he hit the pinnacle. In a recent press conference here, I think he mentioned something to the effect of at my old place we got to the point where we knew we'd win every game. If we get to that point ever, I think that is when he leaves. I don't think it will be to go to a power 5 conference to try to compete with Ohio State and the likes. Just don't see it.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

IMO, the Tiller era at Purdue had made it almost impossible for any other coach except maybe Urban Meyer or Saban to win at Purdue.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

If we won out and finished 11-2, top 20 I could see him being a candidate. But assuming we lose to Boise and drop another game or two and finished somewhere in the 7-5, 8-4 range I don't see him being a serious candidate anywhere. He'd need to have another season or two of sustained success to be a viable P 5 candidate. Now if he would want that or not only Mr. Bohl knows the answer.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Wyokie wrote:IMO, the Tiller era at Purdue had made it almost impossible for any other coach except maybe Urban Meyer or Saban to win at Purdue.
I think Fleck from Western Michigan would be a fantastic hire for Purdue
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

pokecountant wrote:Let's put it this way: I'm sure if we have a reasonably successful season, (8 wins or so), Bohl will be a on quite a few short lists. The question is, does he want out so soon? He is quite old and I don't think anyone saw his coming here as a stepping stone for a larger program. That doesn't mean that it's not though. As always, I wouldn't be surprised if he moved on to bigger and better things.
I think Bohl is a great coach and programs like Purdue would greatly benefit from a coach like Bohl. Having said that, I think he is fully committed to making Wyoming a power program. I'm sure with the success he had an NDSU, Wyoming wasn't the only program to come after him. The thing is, he loves Wyoming. He vacationed in Laramie when he was a kid. He loves the areas. I don't see him using Wyoming as a spring board to bigger programs. Of course I could be wrong...but he seems geniune to me.