$19.00 under light special

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 126 times

WYCowboy wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Call me crazy, but there seemed like more than 24k for Boise. The AFA and Boise crowd seemed very, very similar. Much louder for Boise, imo. Maybe I'm crazy.
It was band day and I'll bet the band members (plus all the supporting people) weren't counted in the attendance number.
There were a lot more than 24k in the stands. Boise brought maybe 300 - 500 max. And you are correct WYCowboy, anyone in the stadium that didn't get "scanned" doesn't count in the attendance (bands included, cheer included, security, concessions, etc., etc., etc.).

That said, The War should have been sold out. But hunters gotta hunt, LMAO!

UW is going to get a big fat check for $500,000 for Saturday's game against USU. UW should do (naturally) a better job getting butts in seats, knowing that there is added revenue coming in.

UW should bring back the $5 - $10 knothole ticket for those under 18. and put them in sections AA &/or JJ. Permanently.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Call me crazy, but there seemed like more than 24k for Boise. The AFA and Boise crowd seemed very, very similar. Much louder for Boise, imo. Maybe I'm crazy.
It was band day and I'll bet the band members (plus all the supporting people) weren't counted in the attendance number.
There were a lot more than 24k in the stands. Boise brought maybe 300 - 500 max. And you are correct WYCowboy, anyone in the stadium that didn't get "scanned" doesn't count in the attendance (bands included, cheer included, security, concessions, etc., etc., etc.).

UW is going to get a big fat check for $500,000 for Saturday's game against USU. UW should do (naturally) a better job getting butts in seats, knowing that there is added revenue coming in.

UW should bring back the $5 - $10 knothole ticket for those under 18. and put them in sections AA &/or JJ. Permanently.
Thousands, I tell you!!! :whistle:

I think, in these days of instant advertising, you aim for the highest revenue per seat possible. Then, beginning about 24 hours before kickoff, you start the Knothole campaign at about $19/ seat. Index the price to sales all the way down to about $10. Have a value-added promo for the fan buying the last available seat(s)- scoreboard recognition, ticket(s) to an upcoming game, season "Knothole" tix for the following season (an offer, not free), bag of corn and some sodas, etc... Turn it into something people compete for... "Last Fan Standing"...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Regardless of how many people that we're actually there, the crowd was loud, energetic, and probably as rowdy as any I've seen in a long time: at least on t.v.

For those that attended, was it as loud in person as it was on t.v.? The crowd really seemed to make a huge difference this week.

I would be more excited if we can get the people that do show up to scream like they don't f-word care if the blue hair two seats away is scowling at them.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote:
castlerocker wrote:
They really ought to let kids under the age of 14 in free
A lot of folks think a 14 year old (or younger) would be better served getting a good nights sleep rather than watching a football game that adults thought would be neat to play til midnight so they could make a lot of money.
Give me a f'kin' break! A fourteen-year-old staying up until midnight or 1am on a Saturday night is hardly what the vast majority of people would call unwholesome or immoral...

Seriously, we're having the best season since Dana Dimel was coach, and people are unhappy that the kickoff time doesn't suit bed time on a Saturday night? Guess what? It's not 1979 anymore! There's this thing called TV now, and we're on it. If we weren't, we'd be as irrelevant as the pay phone...
Not only that, but it's Daylight Savings Time. We gain an extra hour on Saturday night!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Wyovanian wrote:
castlerocker wrote:
They really ought to let kids under the age of 14 in free
A lot of folks think a 14 year old (or younger) would be better served getting a good nights sleep rather than watching a football game that adults thought would be neat to play til midnight so they could make a lot of money.
Give me a f'kin' break! A fourteen-year-old staying up until midnight or 1am on a Saturday night is hardly what the vast majority of people would call unwholesome or immoral...

Seriously, we're having the best season since Dana Dimel was coach, and people are unhappy that the kickoff time doesn't suit bed time on a Saturday night? Guess what? It's not 1979 anymore! There's this thing called TV now, and we're on it. If we weren't, we'd be as irrelevant as the pay phone...
I was just going to post the same ^^^^^ about gaining an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

McPeachy wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:

That is true I walked right into the game without getting my ticket scanned I know many others that did as well.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyovanian wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:

Thousands, I tell you!!! :whistle:

I think, in these days of instant advertising, you aim for the highest revenue per seat possible. Then, beginning about 24 hours before kickoff, you start the Knothole campaign at about $19/ seat. Index the price to sales all the way down to about $10. Have a value-added promo for the fan buying the last available seat(s)- scoreboard recognition, ticket(s) to an upcoming game, season "Knothole" tix for the following season (an offer, not free), bag of corn and some sodas, etc... Turn it into something people compete for... "Last Fan Standing"...
:rofl:

Good point on the instant-advertising front.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

poke_addict wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:

That is true I walked right into the game without getting my ticket scanned I know many others that did as well.
UW needs to fix their student admittance procedure as well...I cannot tell you how many students I know that have others download the application, and use the application to get in at no cost. And how many times the ticket scanning folks just say "f-word it" when their scanners don't work and just let people in. We are VERY relaxed when it comes to admitting policies.
Dear Karma,

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:Regardless of how many people that we're actually there, the crowd was loud, energetic, and probably as rowdy as any I've seen in a long time: at least on t.v.

For those that attended, was it as loud in person as it was on t.v.? The crowd really seemed to make a huge difference this week.

I would be more excited if we can get the people that do show up to scream like they don't f-word care if the blue hair two seats away is scowling at them.
it was the best I've seen the student section in 5 years since I've been back, and loud all over and for once we the fans dusted off the W.Y.O chant and it truly was a wonderful thing!!! as you know me, my tickets I win weekly have me sitting elsewhere, and getting stared at for getting excited about my team, so I refuse to grow up and I stay in the student section, I'm comfortable there!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

The crowd legitimately brought it. I was impressed. Boise's last three possessions was the loudest I've heard it in a long time.
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

Any word on the final attendance count from Saturday?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

pokecountant wrote:Any word on the final attendance count from Saturday?
24 thousand

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Regardless of how many people that we're actually there, the crowd was loud, energetic, and probably as rowdy as any I've seen in a long time: at least on t.v.

it was the best I've seen the student section in 5 years since I've been back, and loud all over and for once we the fans dusted off the W.Y.O chant and it truly was a wonderful thing!!! as you know me, my tickets I win weekly have me sitting elsewhere, and getting stared at for getting excited about my team, so I refuse to grow up and I stay in the student section, I'm comfortable there!
I'm with you. The student section is where it's at for us old loud mouths. That's one of the biggest problems I have with the Wyoming crowd, weather it's football or basketball. In certain sections, if you make any kind of noise, they scowl at you and try to make you uncomfortable for disturbing their naps.

It's not like I still yell a bunch of curse words, like I used to either. Now, I just try to make noise in general, and even that's not good enough for a lot of our season ticket holders, especially the older women. They want to watch their game in the peace and quiet they become accustomed to at Wyoming events.

It's not like we're chanting, "You, you got, you got ugly women", "the ref beats his wife", or "He's down, he's down, he's all f-word up." Any kind of noise pisses people off on the East side of the War. The Wyoming crowd has gone and got itself all pussified since the 90's. They've become p.c.

It was really loud on t.v. last week though. Hopefully, they'll keep that going. Wyoming needs to re-establish our reputation as being the "gorillas" of yesteryear. It sounded like Saturday was a good first step for the Wyoming faithful.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
wyopoke123
Buckaroo

in regards to the crowd noise vs. actual attendance for Boise, multiple players told me that was the loudest they've ever heard it at the War. So great job fans and we should fill out this stadium as much as possible to help avoid let down in intensity/energy.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

wyopoke123 wrote:in regards to the crowd noise vs. actual attendance for Boise, multiple players told me that was the loudest they've ever heard it at the War. So great job fans and we should fill out this stadium as much as possible to help avoid let down in intensity/energy.
I'm convinced there were more than 24k there.
wyopig
Ranch Hand

Yes, it was very loud in person.

And the blue hairs were literally on their feet the entire 4th quarter. It was glorious.
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote:
wyopoke123 wrote:in regards to the crowd noise vs. actual attendance for Boise, multiple players told me that was the loudest they've ever heard it at the War. So great job fans and we should fill out this stadium as much as possible to help avoid let down in intensity/energy.
I'm convinced there were more than 24k there.

I agree. It felt like even more than the Air Force game to me.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I haven't followed the tickets during the last two weeks, but looking at the "purchase by seating" thing, seems like we're doing pretty good this week.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

wyopig wrote:

Yes, it was very loud in person.

And the blue hairs were literally on their feet the entire 4th quarter. It was glorious.
That is glorious. Hopefully, we'll keep that up for our last two home games.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Where do you guys sit where the blue hairs tell you to sit down? I've had my seats for nearly 2 decades and I've never had anyone tell me to sit down.