SDSU....I'm not buying it!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PCB
Ranch Hand

SDPokeFan wrote:Everyone should definitely predict a win for the team that gave up 70 points and 400 rushing. Pumphrey will die of exhaustion from running up and down the field in this game.
Now that's funny! :lol:
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

SDPokeFan wrote:Everyone should definitely predict a win for the team that gave up 70 points and 400 rushing. Pumphrey will die of exhaustion from running up and down the field in this game.
Not sure if your screen name stands for South Dakota Poke Fan, or San Diego Poke Fan... :coffee:
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

pokecountant wrote:
Not sure if your screen name stands for South Dakota Poke Fan, or San Diego Poke Fan... :coffee:
Im not sure why he is even on our board, 95% of his/her posts are negative. I get it, you don't always have to look through brown and gold glasses, but if you are so disgruntled about UW sports, why don't you just go and root for someone else? Seems like your life would be much less miserable...

Also, it is fine to point out somethings you don't agree with or would change, but come on dude, you're (sdpokefan) nauseatingly negative.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

pokecountant wrote:
I'll be honest, I've been questioning that myself lately too.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
pokecountant wrote:
I'll be honest, I've been questioning that myself lately too.
Reading his posts is how I get my morning laugh.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

Aztec fans thoughts on the game this weekend.

http://aztecsfight.com/Thread-Wyoming
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

pokecountant wrote:Aztec fans thoughts on the game this weekend.

Wow they have no respect for Hill. Not any mention about him. Just talking about how Allen is mediocre, erratic and turns the ball over.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Based on one game they wouldn't be wrong but that's judged on our worst overall performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

elfletcho wrote:
pokecountant wrote:Aztec fans thoughts on the game this weekend.

Wow they have no respect for Hill. Not any mention about him. Just talking about how Allen is mediocre, erratic and turns the ball over.
I thought the same thing, especially the guy that gives the "he turns the ball over every 18 pass plays...". I tried to join the group, just to tell them that half of these TOs were in one half of one game (5 INTs and 1 Fumble). In what his 3rd college start, awa, at a traditional powerhouse? He has more than twice as many TDs as INTs, does that mean he'll throw a TD every 9 passing plays? After joining, it wouldn't let me sign on.

These guys aren't bad at all, but they really have simply beat up on really bad teams. Pumphrey is good, but almost everyone else on the team has a high YPC than he does. Are they all great? Or have they played teams that are really bad, especially against the run? I think we can win this one, as long as it's close and we are not playing catch up.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

All 17 fans on that website. :lol:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

I think their QB is suspect. He hasn't had to be a playmaker at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
cowboyz
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:All 17 fans on that website. :lol:
They blew their chance, they could be up to 18 if they let me log on ;)
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Based on my observation I think we are okay in this game. Boise's numbers looked daunting before they came to Laramie. The task of stopping an offense full of talent was going to be hard. A qb playmaker in Rypien. Two wrs who make huge plays regularly. And they had an Rb who is just as good as Pumphrey in McNichols. The guy was a threat catching the ball just as much as he was on the ground game. Almost 1,400 rushing and over 400 receiving is nothing to scoff at. And we equaled their intensity all game long.
Bohl has said time and again, he doesn't care about passing yards against our D. Throw the numbers out. What he cares about is keeping the run game in check. Overall we did that against Boise. And we pulled out a come from behind victory at home. We gave up some big yards through that game, but made adjustments and became a pure bend (give up yards) but don't break (give up tds) D in the second half of that game.
SDS has great talent three deep in the backfield. They have a very subpar passing game. Chapman can pass when he has to, but it seems that their pass game is off key between qb and wr. That being said, I see Wyo using that to their advantage. I'm sure they will have what looks like great numbers passing against us, probably their best numbers all year, because we will be looking to put their run game in check. They will get yardage on the ground. But I think it will be similar to Nevada or Boise. More so Nevada. They are like SDS as in they want their run game to come first to their passing. We had our D set to stop Butler (74yards against us) and get pressure on their qb (injured Stewart and forced quick passes by their backup). Because our D was set up like this, if the qb got the ball off, it was more than likely a catch for big yards. SDS I don't believe is as good passing as Nevada. They are one dimensional on O. We will defend to that affect. Like Boise Pumphrey will get yards, but scores? If we can contain well enough will look similar to our D against the previous two mentioned teams.
Offensively is more of a concern. I think this is the best D we will face all year. Ricky's 3-3-5 scheme is a bear to go against when firing on all cylinders, as it is. Will we be able to maintain a two deminsional offense against them is the question. If we do, our O should do well enough to get us the points we need. If our D falls back into the, bend but don't break, that it did against Boise and Nevada, we should stop them enough, not in yards, but in points to come out on top.
I think our guys are going to come out hard knowing this could be the last game in Laramie and that it has big implications on our conference championship destiny! We're still in it. We have a lot to fight for. And we already beat Boise, and AFA, the top performing teams in our conference/division. Now we get to go head to head against the best in the West, at home! Time to go 1-0. Whether by 1 point or multiple tds, a win is a win. Get it Pokes! It's yours for the taking!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I can't believe you guys get riled up by a guy whose name is SDPoke fan and who's avatar is a Cowboy puppet. He's a San Diego State fan pretending to be a Wyoming fan. It's not that hard to figure out. It's probably K5 or Dre from the MWCboard.

Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

That isn't JUST a cowboy puppet, that is Howdy Doody.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

It's really not even clever. The guy is an SDSU fan bigger than poop.

Who else would really Wyoming want to drop down to FCS football? A SDSU fan.
Who is more excited for Pumphrey than he is for Brian Hill? A SDSU fan.
Who's generally a douche to the majority of people on this board or any other? A SDSU fan.

SDPokefan is a Cowboy Sock Puppet.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I repeat, to be the best, you have to beat the best (or those that think they are the best). BSU was the best in the Mountain and we beat them. SDSU is the best in the West - let's see what happens. Go get um Pokes.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:It's really not even clever. The guy is an SDSU fan bigger than poop.

Who else would really Wyoming want to drop down to FCS football? A SDSU fan.
Who is more excited for Pumphrey than he is for Brian Hill? A SDSU fan.
Who's generally a douche to the majority of people on this board or any other? A SDSU fan.

SDPokefan is a Cowboy Sock Puppet.
You figured it out! I hope you're a detective! No wait, you'd be terrible at it. I'm a Wyoming fan, through and through. Grew up in Wyoming, been cheering for them since I was old enough to walk. Sorry I'm not as constantly cheery about them as you. But, as I've told several people on this board, you don't get to choose who is a Wyoming fan and who isn't. Sorry.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote: You figured it out! I hope you're a detective! No wait, you'd be terrible at it. I'm a Wyoming fan, through and through. Grew up in Wyoming, been cheering for them since I was old enough to walk. Sorry I'm not as constantly cheery about them as you. But, as I've told several people on this board, you don't get to choose who is a Wyoming fan and who isn't. Sorry.
You're the worst kind of fan. Quiet during the good times, but one slip up and you're Johnny on the spot to point out the bad.
But win we did. You were practically the only one who didn't think we would. Pumphrey was closer to dying from frustration.
SDPokeFan wrote:No, I'm a realist. A terrible UNLV team just ran up and down the field on us. What do you think one of the best running backs in the nation is going to do?
You ready to eat crow yet?
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

COS Cowboy wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote: You figured it out! I hope you're a detective! No wait, you'd be terrible at it. I'm a Wyoming fan, through and through. Grew up in Wyoming, been cheering for them since I was old enough to walk. Sorry I'm not as constantly cheery about them as you. But, as I've told several people on this board, you don't get to choose who is a Wyoming fan and who isn't. Sorry.
You're the worst kind of fan. Quiet during the good times, but one slip up and you're Johnny on the spot to point out the bad.
But win we did. You were practically the only one who didn't think we would. Pumphrey was closer to dying from frustration.
SDPokeFan wrote:No, I'm a realist. A terrible UNLV team just ran up and down the field on us. What do you think one of the best running backs in the nation is going to do?
You ready to eat crow yet?
I love this hahahaha. :lol: