What Provo is Saying/Reporting

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

The best passer the Wyoming defense will see is the one they've seen during practice all season long.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Poinsettia Bowl: Wyoming's Brian Hill poses challenge for BYU's defense (Deseret News)

“They have a really good running back and their O-line doesn’t get enough credit,” said BYU coach Kalani Sitake. “They’re physical. They can run power at you and they can spread you out.”

“We respect him and his stats, but we’re confident we can stop them,” Tautu said. “We’re going to go out and play as we have all season, just fly to the ball. The beauty of our defense right now is there are so many playmakers on the field that it’s hard for one guy to beat our defense. I respect their team but I’m confident in what we’re going to do.”

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... tml?pg=all

ImageImage
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Poppinga...meh. Next.
Ex Wyoming kid. But sounds like a full on byu tool now.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
djm19 wrote:Poppinga...meh. Next.
Ex Wyoming kid. But sounds like a full on byu tool now.

Yep. Casey was a Wyo guy for a bit, then went to usu I think. Then obviously Brady and Kelly went to the other school.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Yes the qb that wasn't good enough to start all season will be the best passer we have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly what I thought when I read it. Their depth chart must be off the charts if they start their second team players and hold back their number one's in case of injuries. How about "he's not so bad himself" or "there's not a big drop off from the starter", but the best we've faced?
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Kevin Mckinney Full interview BYUSN (BYUtv Sports)

BYUSN talking the upcoming BYU Bowl game match up vs The Cowboys of Laramie .

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

A look back at some of the most memorable games between BYU and Wyoming (Deseret News)

October 9, 1976

BYU won three of the first four games against Wyoming to open LaVell Edwards’ legendary career, with the closest win being 13 points in 1975. In head coach Fred Akers only visit to Provo before leaving for Texas, the Cowboys scored 20 straight points before the Cougars got on the board on a Jeff Blanc touchdown reception to go into halftime trailing 20-7.

After the break, Wyoming quarterback Marc Cousins scored two touchdowns on his way to 171 yards rushing and a nearly insurmountable 34-7 lead in the fourth quarter. The Cougars — led by junior Gifford Nielsen — scored three consecutive touchdowns to pull within 34-29, but the comeback ended there after a failed two point conversion attempt. Nielsen finished with 324 yards passing in the losing effort that saw the Cowboys win for the first time in Provo since 1968.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... oming.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

BYU football: Williams will share national stage with Wyoming RB in Poinsettia Bowl (Salt Lake Tribune)

Williams said he won't be trying to out-do his Cowboys' counterpart Wednesday.

"I'm not worried about anybody else but me," Williams said. "I have watched a couple of games, and he is pretty good, works hard. He is pretty fast and he's got vision and everything. He's just a great player and his offense works for him the same way my offense works for me. So, it is just going to be a great test for us, and hopefully we come out with a W."

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4723137-15 ... e-national
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/itschappy/status/810186246039347200 https://twitter.com/LumberCake/status/8 ... 4887369732 https://twitter.com/Trevor_Linton/statu ... 3699339264 Trevor Matich on BYUSN (BYUtv Sports)
Trevor Matich talks about BYU Football, the upcoming bowl game against Wyoming, and the impact Kalani Sitake has played in his first season as head coach for BYU.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Rivalry revisited: BYU-Wyoming rivalry filled with memorable games (Deseret News)

PROVO — As a Wyoming native and a former BYU defensive star, Brady Poppinga is a resident expert on the modern-day BYU-Wyoming rivalry.

If they can beat BYU, this whole season will go down as one of the greatest seasons of all time and it would be one of their signature wins in the history of Wyoming football,” Poppinga said. “It’s a big deal for them. We’ll see if BYU can handle business under those circumstances or if they let their guard down and think they can roll over Wyoming.:whistle:

"The fans wanted to send us home in our coffins," former BYU running back Hema Heimuli once said. "They are worse than Utah fans. They cuss, throw beer bottles at you. You feel unsafe, like you need bodyguards. It's a nasty atmosphere up there." :pics:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... ar_cache=1

JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN wrote:Rivalry revisited: BYU-Wyoming rivalry filled with memorable games (Deseret News)

PROVO — As a Wyoming native and a former BYU defensive star, Brady Poppinga is a resident expert on the modern-day BYU-Wyoming rivalry.

If they can beat BYU, this whole season will go down as one of the greatest seasons of all time and it would be one of their signature wins in the history of Wyoming football,” Poppinga said. “It’s a big deal for them. We’ll see if BYU can handle business under those circumstances or if they let their guard down and think they can roll over Wyoming.:whistle:

"The fans wanted to send us home in our coffins," former BYU running back Hema Heimuli once said. "They are worse than Utah fans. They cuss, throw beer bottles at you. You feel unsafe, like you need bodyguards. It's a nasty atmosphere up there." :pics:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... ar_cache=1

My Gawd these people are insufferable. Do they really believe this crap or are they told to believe it on Sundays? I spent the funniest couple hours on Cougarboard (yes, I know better) yesterday during the SDSU. It seems the entire objective of that board is to over hype anything BYU and to judge and rip apart anything that is not. SDSU has no fans, we deserve better, we should be playing Houston (after they went up 10...nothing out of them after that), the Las Vegas Bowl loves us because we have the biggest fan base and would fill up that stadium...and so on and so on and so on.

The funny thing is, they talk about us more that we have talked about them. But this is somehow the biggest game in the history of our program.

Can't wait until we don't have to deal with them again.

Go Pokes!!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I tried to be the voice of reason on a few threads that cited our defense as the reason they blow us out. Some of them are so full of themselves that they believe they are the best team we played.

I mean I get it byu is favored and should be favored based on there run defense but they are being given far too much credit for how poor they looked down the stretch. No eye opening performances against a very weak November schedule.

( I will add that those November games there defense was good but offense was not good. Umass is deceiving as umass was outplaying them for the first half)

Add to that there starting quarterback who started every game is out for the game. I understand being confident and being favored but the level of confidence cannot be rivaled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Their whole spiel would be absolutely laughable if it wasn't so stupid.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

BYU's Ty Detmer set to re-kindle memories against Wyoming (ksl.com)

"My first college experience playing in Laramie didn't go so well," Detmer said.

The redshirt freshman replaced injured quarterback Sean Covey in 1998, but turned the ball over five times in a 24-14 loss to the Pokes.

"I always looked forward to redeeming myself against Wyoming," Detmer said. "It'll be a little different being in San Diego and not in Laramie. But that passion is still there, to want to beat BYU. It's the same for us; we want to beat Wyoming.

Story/video here: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=42623329&nid=272
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Corbin Kaufusi Interview (BYUtv Sports)

Corbin Kaufusi joins Sports Nation live from San Diego to talk about the Defense's plan vs Wyoming and what his transition back to basketball will look like.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Ted Tollner (BYUtv Sports)

San Diego Bowl Games Association President Ted Tollner joins Sports Nation in San Diego to talk about the Bowl Matchup, the teams schedules and the beautiful city.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Ty Detmer Interview (BYUtv Sports)

Ty Detmer joins Sports Nation live from San Diego to talk about the bowl matchup with Wyoming, Tanner Mangum & his playing days.