Wyoming can't just beat BYU, BYU needs to be demolished

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
AggieAndee
Buckaroo

I shouldn't do this but I looked around on Cougarboard and noticed a reasonable and nice Wyoming fan posted BYU should swallow its pride and go back to the MWC. None of us want BYU in the MWC but the response to the Wyoming fan shows how arrogant and rude that fan base is.

They act like rejoining the MWC would be a step down from the running joke of independence where BYU plays silly squads like Wagner.

Wyoming needs to beat BYU like Utah State did in 2014. A statement needs to be made. The entire MWC will be watching. Commissioner Thompson has that game circles on his calendar after BYU tried to wipe the MWC off the map.

Go Cowboys
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

It's only cuz they'd have to share their revenue with others that's why it's not in their best interest, greedy misers....any who BYU doesn't scare me in the slightest and this should be a good fun game to watch, GO POKES
Acejonesey
Buckaroo

The last time Wyoming beat BYU by more than 2 touchdowns (which is a reasonable definition of a demolition in my mind) was 1973. Good luck with that pal!

Secondly, BYU owns the MWC. Not trying to be rude, but the BYU W/L record against those teams since the 70s is staggeringly in BYU's favor. Why align in a conference with teams that have been so thoroughly dominated for decades?
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Acejonesey wrote:The last time Wyoming beat BYU by more than 2 touchdowns (which is a reasonable definition of a demolition in my mind) was 1973. Good luck with that pal!

Secondly, BYU owns the MWC. Not trying to be rude, but the BYU W/L record against those teams since the 70s is staggeringly in BYU's favor. Why align in a conference with teams that have been so thoroughly dominated for decades?
OP is an Aggie Fan I would guess.

Also, you failed on the bolded part.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Acejonesey wrote:The last time Wyoming beat BYU by more than 2 touchdowns (which is a reasonable definition of a demolition in my mind) was 1973. Good luck with that pal!

Not trying to be rude here either...blow it out your ass, ok?

When I was coaching 12 year old all-stars in baseball one year, we went up against the 15 year old all-stars. Guess what happened? Not impressed by your W/L record...hell, it should be that way. Beat your chest about that for a while stud.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
wyopig
Ranch Hand

First of all, not trying to be rude, but go f-word yourself.

Second of all, go f-word yourself.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

wyopig wrote:

First of all, not trying to be rude, but go f-word yourself.

Second of all, go f-word yourself.
Not trying to be rude but go f-word yourself for a third time. Get off our board and crawl back to the cat house where you f-word came from.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Truth of the matter past teams have nothing to do with this game none of those players from past byu v wyo are playing in this game. It's all new coaches and all new personnel so it is irrelevant what's been done before.

Byu certainly is not unbeatable and they are not the best team we have played and if we win they won't be our best win on the season either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Truth of the matter past teams have nothing to do with this game none of those players from past byu v wyo are playing in this game. It's all new coaches and all new personnel so it is irrelevant what's been done before.

Byu certainly is not unbeatable and they are not the best team we have played and if we win they won't be our best win on the season either.

Exactly - well said. I'm not hearing anything from this bywho fan base that we haven't heard from just about every other school we played this year.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

To put it in perspective we were bigger underdogs to airforce, csu, Boise and San Diego state when we beat them.

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Yes, BYU has a good record vs. the MWC teams, but at the end of the day, it's the correct level for your program. Generally speaking in any conference there are teams that have better programs year to year than the others. For BYU, tyou were one of the better programs in the league. But...you're not good enough to go to a P5 conference. And to echo you, I'm not saying this to be rude, it's just a fact. The best case in point is probably Utah. They were good enough to move up, where they still dominate your scrambling program. You're independent, yet you've scheduled 20 games vs the MWC since your independence, you've schedule an ex-MWC team, Utah and you hope to qualify for a MWC bowl game every year. Your big reward for independence and glory, is you get to play Wyoming in a bowl game, just as you had to play SDS a few years ago. And speaking of bowl games and BYU dominance, your team sort of blows in bowl games. Bowl games are the one time that winning teams from different conferences get to play one-another, instead of getting to brag about beating an SEC team when it's a 3-9 Vanderbilt or a BIG10 team and it's 3-9 Purdue during the regular season. Then way more times than not, BYU goes out and embarasses themselves, and indirectly the conference. I am not only referring to your 3 recent poor showings, but just as you like to time travel Doctor Emmett Brown, I am referring to all of BYU bowl games. You've played quite a few and have lost 20 of them. Is that an FBS record? 20 times you've ended your season on a loss, 20 times you sent your 28 & 29 year old seniors away with a loss and 20 times your team embarrassed the university and the fan base. If you're too good for the MWC, great, go away, play with yourselves. Stop scheduling MWC teams, get out of our bowl games and play Alabama every year, which they won't do, as they and most of the P5 schools think BYU is a joke. You've tried to join every P5 conference and they all said no. You're sort of like Miss Utah in the Miss American pageant, sort of pretty but without substance, just a hollow shell. You're boring.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Acejonesey wrote: Why align with teams that have been so thoroughly dominated for decades?

This is why Utah doesn't want to play BYU anymore.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
Acejonesey wrote: Why align with teams that have been so thoroughly dominated for decades?

This is why Utah doesn't want to play BYU anymore.
And why would anyone want to align with a school with players who are on average 2 years older than everyone they play. Sorry for hijacking your post Beav.....I didn't feel like reading something from a byu fan. But the part you referenced is the exact reason I can't stand them. They play with an older line-up and then pretend they are better than everyone else. They wouldn't be talkng so much poop if it were an even playing field.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

How fortunate is it that BYU was able to play so many P-5 schools this season that had major down years? Would they even be bowling had these teams been slightly better?

Arizona (3-9)
UCLA (4-8)
Mich State (3-9)
Miss State (5-7)

Along with:

Cinci (4-8)
USU (3-9)

(I agree that Mangum looks like he's 35.)
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

POKE FAN wrote:How fortunate is it that BYU was able to play so many P-5 schools this season that had major down years? Would they even be bowling had these teams been slightly better?

Arizona (3-9)
UCLA (4-8)
Mich State (3-9)
Miss State (5-7)

Along with:

Cinci (4-8)
USU (3-9)

After we hit him a couple of times, he will feel like he is 35 (or older).
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

WYCowboy wrote:
POKE FAN wrote:How fortunate is it that BYU was able to play so many P-5 schools this season that had major down years? Would they even be bowling had these teams been slightly better?

Arizona (3-9)
UCLA (4-8)
Mich State (3-9)
Miss State (5-7)

Along with:

Cinci (4-8)
USU (3-9)

After we hit him a couple of times, he will feel like he is 35 (or older).
Which begs the question: Does Tanner use a mouthguard or does he just take his dentures out?

So happy and relieved to see that BYU admin and its fans (outside of the Jason Buck clan) are elated with independence. :doh:
AggieAndee
Buckaroo

AceJonsesey is a standard BYU fan troll who still thinks BYU is the gift from above in college football. In reality, any serious college football snickers and laughs at BYU as the team that thinks its big time when no conference wants them.

Take this Ace, BYU has played Boise State every year since going independent and beat Boise State 1 time, and it took a lucky hail mary pass from a 35 year old freshman.

Also since going independent and losing to Boise almost every year, BYU has lost to Nevada, San Jose State, TCU, and Utah State. BYU has lost all kinds of other G5 teams like Central Florida and Memphis in that time.

So the evidence says BYU wouldn't even be competitive in the MWC much less win the MWC since 2010.

Now it's Wyoming's turn to kick BYU to the dirt like almost every other MWC team has this decade.
Dnizzle
Buckaroo

Oh AggieAndee - BYU has beat Boise State twice since being independent, BYU has won every game in Provo and Boise has also won all of their home games. And no, they haven't played every year since being independent, they started playing in 2012. Look up these facts before you post :) They keep alternating years on who wins. The series since being Independent is 3-2 in boise's favor, next year it's in Provo and BYU will likely even it up. I have a ton of respect for Boise, great program, and I'm glad they signed a 10 year contract.

No conference wants BYU? HAHA really? The American tried to get them, and the MTN west would take them back in a heart beat, it's true no P5 conference currently wants them, but to say no conference is laughable.

You talk a lot of trash towards BYU, but what has Aggie football even done that's worth mentioning? Yes, you've beat BYU a couple of times in the last 20 years, but how many P5 opponents has Utah State beat in the last 10 years, just 1 - Wakeforest? LOL... No, I don't think BYU Football is gods gift to humanity, BYU is a good football program - there are clearly a lot of fans that hate BYU, but here's how I see it, good teams are hated, how many crappy teams do you know of that fans just absolutely despise? I can't think of any... BYU's obviously doing something right.

It was sad when the MTN west started to fall apart when Utah and TCU first decided to leave, because the MTN west had something special going on, especially when Boise announced they were joining. But once Utah and TCU left, BYU was looking out for their best interests, the MTN tv contract was an absolute joke, and they are making more money now being an independent. I've enjoyed independence because of the increase in P5 opponents, the next 5 years will be a fun schedule to watch from a fans perspective. November can be rough at times, but September and October make up for it with the quality of opponents. No disrespect towards the MTN West, glad things worked out for the conference, there are great teams in the conference, I miss some of the old rivalries, and I'm looking forward to watching BYU play against Wyoming - they have a great offense and the QB can sling it, should be a good game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Dnizzle wrote:Oh AggieAndee - BYU has beat Boise State twice since being independent, BYU has won every game in Provo and Boise has also won all of their home games. And no, they haven't played every year since being independent, they started playing in 2012. Look up these facts before you post :) They keep alternating years on who wins. The series since being Independent is 3-2 in boise's favor, next year it's in Provo and BYU will likely even it up. I have a ton of respect for Boise, great program, and I'm glad they signed a 10 year contract.

No conference wants BYU? HAHA really? The American tried to get them, and the MTN west would take them back in a heart beat, it's true no P5 conference currently wants them, but to say no conference is laughable.

You talk a lot of trash towards BYU, but what has Aggie football even done that's worth mentioning? Yes, you've beat BYU a couple of times in the last 20 years, but how many P5 opponents has Utah State beat in the last 10 years, just 1 - Wakeforest? LOL... No, I don't think BYU Football is gods gift to humanity, BYU is a good football program - there are clearly a lot of fans that hate BYU, but here's how I see it, good teams are hated, how many crappy teams do you know of that fans just absolutely despise? I can't think of any... BYU's obviously doing something right.

It was sad when the MTN west started to fall apart when Utah and TCU first decided to leave, because the MTN west had something special going on, especially when Boise announced they were joining. But once Utah and TCU left, BYU was looking out for their best interests, the MTN tv contract was an absolute joke, and they are making more money now being an independent. I've enjoyed independence because of the increase in P5 opponents, the next 5 years will be a fun schedule to watch from a fans perspective. November can be rough at times, but September and October make up for it with the quality of opponents. No disrespect towards the MTN West, glad things worked out for the conference, there are great teams in the conference, I miss some of the old rivalries, and I'm looking forward to watching BYU play against Wyoming - they have a great offense and the QB can sling it, should be a good game.
Independence has really made BYU a juggernaut :roll: . You're welcome for that game on a silver platter.
Acejonesey
Buckaroo

Hey Cowgirl fans...hate to say "told you so" but as you can see, its just not a big deal for BYU to play MWC teams. We KNOW we will win and last night was no different.

With that said, your team is solid. QB is above average (not up to par with the litany of Heisman and Davy O'Brien's BYU has pumped out for decades), but still, a solid QB. Good to see talent finding its way to Laramie.

I think if you keep on your current trajectory, you should compete with BSU/SDSU for MWC championships in the future. As for BYU, dont worry about us...we'll continue to smash P5 schools with reckless abandon every year (just ask AZ, MSU, MSU etc...how that feels in 2016) and find our way into the national conversation year in and year out for better or worse. It ain't easy being so hated, but when you win, it makes it worth it. #GoCougs