Josh Allen article

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

I had several sets of goosebumps while reading that article. About go go get a Josh Allen tattoo on my ass.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

What an awesome article. Has anyone here heard these "rumblings" about him jumping to the NFL this season?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 605 times
Been liked: 241 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:What an awesome article. Has anyone here heard these "rumblings" about him jumping to the NFL this season?
There's no way that can be true. Next year, though, all bets are off
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:What an awesome article. Has anyone here heard these "rumblings" about him jumping to the NFL this season?
I haven't heard anything. I've thought it... just because I realize how QB hungry literally almost EVERY franchise is. I hope he's not considering it. :?
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

He's not going anywhere with a completion percentage in the mid 50s.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I've always thought he has the physical tools to be the first QB off the board this year, but it's the mental side that we need to see more of...and that's why he should stay in school.

Saw a tweet this year that said Allen is what Jacksonville thought they were getting in Bortles. Thought that was an interesting comparison.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

pokecountant wrote:I had several sets of goosebumps while reading that article. About to go get a Josh Allen tattoo on my ass.
Is that where most people will see it? :lol: :lol: :lol:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote:I've always thought he has the physical tools to be the first QB off the board this year, but it's the mental side that we need to see more of...and that's why he should stay in school.

Saw a tweet this year that said Allen is what Jacksonville thought they were getting in Bortles. Thought that was an interesting comparison.
Yeah, decision making and touch are what he needs to work on most. Like throwing into x5 coverage or something, he should probably stop. And not full on blasts for short throws for screens and such.

And Vigen should just toss out all the trick plays in his play book. I think every single time we tried one, it backfired badly. The flea flicker simply being the latest of them.
DenPokeGG
Buckaroo

Calpoke has it right, completion % needs to be 60% or better.
He needs to go to the Manning Camp this summer and come
back next fall.
Go Pokes
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I will be very annoyed if he left this season. The pokes need time to get a backup ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

I don't think he goes. I think Vigen and Bohl would give him the honest advice that those same QB hungry teams will be there next year. Take a year to physically mature even more, gain more experience in the pro style and work on the mental aspect of the game. I think if he does that he is a 1st round pick when he goes. If he is above 60% and takes the Pokes to a 10 + win season and the access bowl....he may be top 10 with the additional exposure/hype. That could be really good for him and for the Pokes.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

Allen's going nowhere. Right now he's a good college quarterback, who needs a lot of work...on his eyes, footwork, management of the pocket, etc. He'll get there, as long as he continues to develop. And he will continue, in a pro-style offense, no less.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Makes you wonder where Bret Smith would be today if he had a year in Bohl's system.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

COS Cowboy wrote:Makes you wonder where Bret Smith would be today if he had a year in Bohl's system.
He would have his degree.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

Brett Smith was a tad over 6 foot and played in a spread offense. He didn't want to learn a new system so he left. To compare him to Allen shows the ignorance of a fan not a football unbiased scout.
Allen has all the tools and will play in the NFL soon. His choice is to come out this year (Too Early) or wait one year and leave. With Hill and Wick Gone- Gentry, Maulhardt and Holister Gone Roulieer and Cummings Gone (Cummings probably medical redshirt next year) That leaves the Kid a decision to make.
I wouldn't blame him if he decides to hold a Cliff Board in the NFL( at a million a year ) while being a PRO instead of putting his health at risk being a one-man show in Laramie next year.

Whatever his decision I will be his fan and cant wait to see him play on Sundays
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Brett smith left because dumb people were telling him that he'd be a 3rd-4th round pick. Has nothing to do with our offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

KeepitrealWyo wrote:Brett Smith was a tad over 6 foot and played in a spread offense. He didn't want to learn a new system so he left. To compare him to Allen shows the ignorance of a fan not a football unbiased scout.
Allen has all the tools and will play in the NFL soon. His choice is to come out this year (Too Early) or wait one year and leave. With Hill and Wick Gone- Gentry, Maulhardt and Holister Gone Roulieer and Cummings Gone (Cummings probably medical redshirt next year) That leaves the Kid a decision to make.
I wouldn't blame him if he decides to hold a Cliff Board in the NFL( at a million a year ) while being a PRO instead of putting his health at risk being a one-man show in Laramie next year.

Whatever his decision I will be his fan and cant wait to see him play on Sundays
?? Cummings not even coming back next year?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote:
KeepitrealWyo wrote:Brett Smith was a tad over 6 foot and played in a spread offense. He didn't want to learn a new system so he left. To compare him to Allen shows the ignorance of a fan not a football unbiased scout.

I think this guy may be talking out of his ass.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

fromolwyoming wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

I think this guy may be talking out of his ass.
It's a pretty trollish post.