Did we get screwed by the clock keeper?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

I noticed this during the game and just rewatched it. During our last touchdown drive, on the 3rd and 21, we complete a pass and the receiver steps out of bounds. The clock stops to move the chains and then starts up again. The next play Allen rushes for 4 yards and steps out of bounds. Again the clock never stopped. Am I missing something? You can see it here starting at 1:57:12

Not sure it really made a difference, but BYU might have had to make a first down after the interception.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Are you a Democrat?
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

Cuttslam wrote:Are you a Democrat?
WTF is that supposed to mean?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

COS Cowboy wrote:

He is implying that regardless of what clock malfunctions there may have been, we didn't lose because of that. Allen threw a pick, and we lost.

The democrat insult is about the democrats whining and complaining about Trump winning the election.

So basically he is saying you are whining about something irrelevant that had no impact on the outcome.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:

He is implying that regardless of what clock malfunctions there may have been, we didn't lose because of that. Allen threw a pick, and we lost.

The democrat insult is about the democrats whining and complaining about Trump winning the election.

So basically he is saying you are whining about something irrelevant that had no impact on the outcome.

That pretty much covers it. Well stated Beaver.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 46 times

Cuttslam wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:

+1 Amazingly, Beaver covers it perfectly. Kudos to ya. :thumb:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:

Amazingly?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

BeaverPoke wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:

Amazingly?
Yep...unless I misspelled something.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Clock will stop to move the chains and for refs to set the ball ready for play but then starts up again as soon as the ref signals it after stepping out of bounds.

Clock only stops in the last two minutes of each half when stepping out of bounds anyways. So no we didn't get screwed.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:

Amazingly?
Yep...unless I misspelled something.
There's nothing amazing about my genius. It's to be expected by this point.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

BeaverPoke wrote:There's nothing amazing about my genius. It's to be expected by this point.
:roll:
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote:Clock will stop to move the chains and for refs to set the ball ready for play but then starts up again as soon as the ref signals it after stepping out of bounds.

Clock only stops in the last two minutes of each half when stepping out of bounds anyways. So no we didn't get screwed.
Thank you, that is what I was looking for.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

seattlecowboy wrote:Clock will stop to move the chains and for refs to set the ball ready for play but then starts up again as soon as the ref signals it after stepping out of bounds.

I did not know this. Was losing my mind during the game as we were down two scores and likely needed every second. Turned out it didn't matter, but I thought we were getting jobbed. Thanks for clarification.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

HiCountryCowboy wrote:

I did not know this. Was losing my mind during the game as we were down two scores and likely needed every second. Turned out it didn't matter, but I thought we were getting jobbed. Thanks for clarification.
Me too! i thought maybe we had a BYU grad as time keeper.