WYO vs #23 USC

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Tough loss but proud of the way we played.

Think we would have won in regulation if Naughton would have been in the game the last 6 minutes instead of Gorski or Herndon. USC couldn't score with Nauhgton in there and Wyoming got that 6 point lead then he took him out. Sucks

Well I think we can win the MWC. I watched Nevada play and they are decent but I think Wyoming is better. Unless SDSU gets better I think Wyoming wins the league.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Win as a team, lose as a team, so I won't call out the two players who made me pull my hair out all game long. What a great game, in the end, they made a shot or two where we missed a couple. Proud of the way they played!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

That was the most entertaining basketball game I have seen in a LONG time.

I am very impressed with the team. Dalton is surprisingly good. CLUTCH 3.
J-Mac is a stud when he is hitting.
USC is going to do well this season.

1 major take away for me is how sloppy we are. I haven't been able to watch a lot of Pokes ball this season, just the game vs DePaul and the game tonight vs USC, but both games we were sloppy as hell.
Lots of turnovers, and a lot of near turnovers with the passing.
Clean that up, and we will REALLY good.

Other than that, it's hard to find a lot of negatives with the team.
I wish Lieberman would have passed the ball to JMac there at the end but really, he had control the whole way, and was able to get a clean shot off to win the game and the shot went in and out. He's literally not even an inch away from being celebrated as the hero so I can't be too mad that he didn't get the ball to J-Mac.

I feel like as much as this team likes to run, they are going to get a lot of wins in Laramie in conference play.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:Well I think we can win the MWC. I watched Nevada play and they are decent but I think Wyoming is better. Unless SDSU gets better I think Wyoming wins the league.
I do feel like us two teams are the class of the league right now. It's too bad we only play each other once, but at least it's at home!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 17 times

I am so done with moral victories and we played hard games. So fustrsted this week with almost.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:That was the most entertaining basketball game I have seen in a LONG time.

1 major take away for me is how sloppy we are. I haven't been able to watch a lot of Pokes ball this season, just the game vs DePaul and the game tonight vs USC, but both games we were sloppy as hell.

I wish Lieberman would have passed the ball to JMac there at the end but really, he had control the whole way, and was able to get a clean shot off to win the game and the shot went in and out. He's literally not even an inch away from being celebrated as the hero so I can't be too mad that he didn't get the ball to J-Mac.

I feel like as much as this team likes to run, they are going to get a lot of wins in Laramie in conference play.
Watched the replay and Jmac wasn't really in position. I thought that was the best look we could've maybe got. I mean Liebs with a great look, in and out. poop.... :thefan: been that kind of week right?
Riding High!!!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

This team grew up tonight. Proud of how they competed.
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status ... 5698473984
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Hayden Dalton stat line 18 points, 18 boards, 6 assists 2 blocks. Stud

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

I thought that was just an amazing game. USC are no slouches, they looked good. We couldn't stop the guards from getting to the rack . Game had a blistering pace to it. I loved it all! Most heartbreaking hoops loss since maybe the last tourney game???? Best part about this showing is we showed that other gear that REAL teams have to have in NCAA basketball.
Riding High!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Interesting factoid about tonight's game....the school formerly known as Dunk Town against the team coached by the former coach of Dunk City
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:That was the most entertaining basketball game I have seen in a LONG time.

Really can't disagree with you on anything, although I had a tough time with Lieberman taking the final shot. I will concede that he had a great look at it, was in rhythm, and was just a tough bounce from being the hero. The reason I dislike the shot so much is that Liebs statistically is our worst three point shooter BY FAR. Coming into the game tonight, Lieberman was shooting the 3 ball at a crisp 15.4% on the season. That's atrocious for a starting guard. Definitely would've been a better decision to kick it to literally any other player on the floor, Jmac was wide open on the left wing, so in my opinion there's zero excuse to not make that pass. Like you say tho, a couple inches and we're not having this discussion :D. Also Jmac had gone ice cold down the stretch as well so there's no guaranteeing he'd have made it either, Liebs did have a great look at it, but just didn't fall. Just would prefer to not have a 15% shooter taking the game winning attempt.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

coachweidner wrote:I've heard that Adams is supposed to be good, but it the limited action I've seen I'm not really that impressed with him.
He's explosive, but has a tendency to lose focus at times. I'm hoping with continued court time, he settles down. He has the athletic ability to be on the court.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAg wrote:Way to many turnovers. Got to play smarter to get the win
Get used to the pace. It's obvious that Edwards has no problem with the Pokes pushing the ball as hard as possible, as often as possible. There ARE times when they could/should pull the ball back out and regain some composure offensively. I have a feeling I'm going to being pulling hair out with the frenetic pace at times. LOL
Last edited by POKE FAN on Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Any ideas on why Naughton didn't get any minutes from about 6 min left till end of game? I thought he was doing well helping on defense but didn't play at all at end of game or in overtime
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Why was Lieberman in at the end of the game? I didn't get to see the game, but I know he's been terrible this year. He's likely our worst perimeter defender and he is nearly a negative on offense which is hard to do. He gave up an easy layup on the last defensive play then passed up giving our senior leader an open, but long range last shot to take a mediocre three on his terrible percentage. Edwards really needs to bench the kid until he can prove he can make 40% from 3, actually defend someone, and not make stupid plays over and over. Kelley has outplayed him this year and you can get the same offense with better defense from Marshall. I defended him this summer but his regression has really hurt the team this year. Improve your athleticism with Marshall or bring some stable play with Kelley.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

DVDA wrote:Why was Lieberman in at the end of the game?
Adams rolled his ankle.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Most disappointing loss, IMO, for any Poke team in a long time, including the bowl game. But both losses were due to poor ball handling (or decisions) as the clock ran out, not because the other team was superior. So this is a problem that can be corrected.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Well we played toe to toe with a top 25 team that looked pretty legit. I'm stoked!!! I know that loss sucked but I saw a lot out of our squad. We got a key injury near the end too. Yes the Pokes have been playing sloppy and fast but it is fun to watch :shock: :shock: :shock: We were just complaining about them being boring too :roll: We can't have it all ways, all the time. It looks like they're gelling at the right time to me. Bring on conference play and lets steamroll AF!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Riding High!!!