Wyoming vs Fresno St.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:10 pm It's okay, he scores a bunch, so its fine when he makes dumb plays like that.
LOL!

I agree, though. He needs to just pass it nice and easy. His passes are not easy to catch and he throws a lot of dumb ones.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

joshvanklomp wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:20 pm Can't believe Edwards is benching James for the OTs. What a big mistake! He needs to be playing!
You're a moron. You notice that our offense looked like dog poop all of overtime? No one else on our team can drive to the hoop and break down the defense. Our offense is solely jacking up threes when he's not on the court.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Awesome win! Great team win. A little sloppy, but we got it done. Lots of good contributions from many including Morris Marshall. I've never seen anyone at any level be so invisible out there for so long then essentially win the game like Lieberman did. Bizzare.

I feel bad for Edo. He was in a lot of pain and the injury looked serious. Hope he's OK
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Great win. Had a bit of everything. Was a complete team win with everyone out there doing something good to help us win but also almost everyone doing something that almost cost us the game. Sloppy sloppy first half. Think I saw we had 9 turnovers in the first half but only 8 turnovers in the final whole game(second half and overtime) so we shored that up but was so frusterating watching us throw the ball away or letting the ball go through our hand under the basket. FT shooting down the stretch in regulation almost cost us. Good thing we finally started making some in OT.
Good to see Mo come in and knock down some FTs and play all around good game.

Liebs needs to start using htat pull up jumper more. Great plays by him to end the game after not doing much on offense most the game(although I had a good view of several of his early 3's and they looked great but just rimmed out). Thought he played well on defense the entire game though. Harassing the other point. It doesn't always lead to a turnover or show up in the stats but he distrupts their offense.

Dalton was sloppy in the first half but ended up with 20 and 20. Incredible.

JJ needs to cut down on the fouls so he can stay in the game. We would have won earlier if he was still in there.

And finally.......

Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:22 pm Sorry I'll stop... :lol:
No please continue Monkeyboy. You are showing what an idiot you really are. Completely moronic posts. Thanks for contributing.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:31 pm And what's going on with Adams...
Yes. What IS going on with Adams? Hurt? Coach pissed at him? He didn't look too happy when the camera panned in on him.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:07 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:31 pm And what's going on with Adams...
Yes. What IS going on with Adams? Hurt? Coach pissed at him? He didn't look too happy when the camera panned in on him.
https://twitter.com/BFoster91/status/829566454697754625
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I haven't chimed in much on the hoops team this season - but after going to last nights game:

(And yes, I am bitching and stating my opinion before some douche poster points that out)

1. Clear that we have a rookie HC, making rookie HC decisions
2. McManamen came alive last night (finally) - especially early on
3. Dalton looked awful out there and made enough mistakes by himself to lose the game for UW
4. Not sure WTF is going on when you have Kelley playing and Lieberman on the bench in crunch time
5. If I was Adams, I would say f-word YOU to UW & UW Basketball
6. The refereeing on both sides was horrible - I can't believe the MWC puts up with this poop
7. The new sound system sucks. You can't hear poop. Except a lot of bass, only at times
8. The half-assed interior renovation is a joke. The AA looks piecemealed together now
9. Why have cheerleaders? I mean, WTF are they really doing (besides embarrassing UW)?
10. The intro video & music is uninspiring and boring as hell
11. The seat allocation is still showing how poorly it was done - so many empty lower seats
12. Hats off to Barnes - being a "team" guy - always encouraging others, and not getting 1 second of PT
13. Student section sucks - the 100 or so that were there last night were too engaged on their phones
14. Although statistically we out shot Fresno at the line, we have issues (front ends especially)
15. Edwards actually showed some emotion last night (after 2 OT's though) - shocking!

/end rant for now
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:39 am I haven't chimed in much on the hoops team this season - but after going to last nights game:

(And yes, I am bitching and stating my opinion before some douche poster points that out)

3. Dalton looked awful out there and made enough mistakes by himself to lose the game for UW
4. Not sure WTF is going on when you have Kelley playing and Lieberman on the bench in crunch time
6. The refereeing on both sides was horrible - I can't believe the MWC puts up with this poop
7. The new sound system sucks. You can't hear poop. Except a lot of bass, only at times
8. The half-assed interior renovation is a joke. The AA looks piecemealed together now
9. Why have cheerleaders? I mean, WTF are they really doing (besides embarrassing UW)?
11. The seat allocation is still showing how poorly it was done - so many empty lower seats
12. Hats off to Barnes - being a "team" guy - always encouraging others, and not getting 1 second of PT
13. Student section sucks - the 100 or so that were there last night were too engaged on their phones
14. Although statistically we out shot Fresno at the line, we have issues (front ends especially)
15. Edwards actually showed some emotion last night (after 2 OT's though) - shocking!

/end rant for now
Me, my dad and brother were thinking the exact same thing.

Morris Marshall should have done the same thing last year. Obvious that Mo is a better player than Lieb and Kelly. He rebounds and plays much better d.

Utterly mind blowing that Lieberman and Kelly see more time.

I feel so bad for Louis and Mo
Last edited by LanderPoke on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:39 am I haven't chimed in much on the hoops team this season - but after going to last nights game:

/end rant for now
+1.

Agree with #3, and #5. I haven't been to the arena this year since I live out of state so I can't comment on that.

As to Adams..... the excuse Edwards gave to not playing him is poop to me and just shows that Edwards is a rookie head coach.

Not playing him because he needs more energy? WTF game is he watching? Adams actually plays with as much energy as anyone on the team. Infact I think he needs to slow down sometimes. This isn't me discussing the topic whether or not he needs to play more or not but the excuse the coach gave for not playing him. I think it is ridiculous. If he would have given some other reason for not playing like "well he wasn't playing defense the way I liked it" or something of that nature I could have bought it but saying he doesn't play with energy makes me think Edwards is watching a totally different game than I am.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:39 am 11. The seat allocation is still showing how poorly it was done - so many empty lower seats

There are still MANY people PO'd about that whole situation:
https://twitter.com/SeanRohacik/status/ ... 9757037573 Image
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i couldn't understand why Lou only played limited mins is he hurt or in AE's dog house? Also he and James need to be on the floor together, don't get that either. HD is a stud to play with 4 fouls the entire 4 ot's what a stud, he keeps going up and and up on my radar when I watch him!!!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Adams is the one guy that we had available that could drive and draw a foul to win it at the end of a couple of the overtimes. Instead we are settling for contested 18 foot jumpers. Could we not see what #21 was doing for Fresno and how effective it was? Getting to the free throw line would have won the game much sooner. Edwards' rotations and flat out stubbornness are wearing thin.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:45 am Adams is the one guy that we had available that could drive and draw a foul to win it at the end of a couple of the overtimes. Instead we are settling for contested 18 foot jumpers. Could we not see what #21 was doing for Fresno and how effective it was? Getting to the free throw line would have won the game much sooner. Edwards' rotations and flat out stubbornness are wearing thin.
+1
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:45 am Adams is the one guy that we had available that could drive and draw a foul to win it at the end of a couple of the overtimes. Instead we are settling for contested 18 foot jumpers. Could we not see what #21 was doing for Fresno and how effective it was? Getting to the free throw line would have won the game much sooner. Edwards' rotations and flat out stubbornness are wearing thin.
Couldn't agree more. I guess he would rather lose the game to pride than play Adams down the stretch. I don't get it. Theres no way Adams could have played worse than Liebs (Until the last 3 minutes) or Kelley or JMac (after half time) or even Mo.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:59 am
Couldn't agree more. I guess he would rather lose the game to pride than play Adams down the stretch. I don't get it. Theres no way Adams could have played worse than Liebs (Until the last 3 minutes) or Kelley or JMac (after half time) or even Mo.
I will say Liebs didn't play bad last night. He is playing PG obviously and played 49 minutes last night and only had 1 turnover. That's a good game as far as I'm concerned from that position.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:21 pm
I will say Liebs didn't play bad last night. He is playing PG obviously and played 49 minutes last night and only had 1 turnover. That's a good game as far as I'm concerned from that position.
No I agree completely. My point was there is no reason why Adams saw 0 minutes after 15:53 in the second half other than Edwards "knows best". Liebs did have a very solid game last night.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:48 am

/end rant for now
+1.

Agree with #3, and #5. I haven't been to the arena this year since I live out of state so I can't comment on that.

As to Adams..... the excuse Edwards gave to not playing him is poop to me and just shows that Edwards is a rookie head coach.

Not playing him because he needs more energy? WTF game is he watching? Adams actually plays with as much energy as anyone on the team. Infact I think he needs to slow down sometimes. This isn't me discussing the topic whether or not he needs to play more or not but the excuse the coach gave for not playing him. I think it is ridiculous. If he would have given some other reason for not playing like "well he wasn't playing defense the way I liked it" or something of that nature I could have bought it but saying he doesn't play with energy makes me think Edwards is watching a totally different game than I am.

You are reading too much into the quote itself. He was just trying to come up with some coachspeak to move on from the question. He wasn't really answering it. Adams obviously found himself in the doghouse. The reason is unknown and obviously Edwards didn't want to share (maybe Adams told him that Kentucky sucks or something, I don't know).
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:23 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:21 pm
No I agree completely. My point was there is no reason why Adams saw 0 minutes after 15:53 in the second half other than Edwards "knows best". Liebs did have a very solid game last night.
Yeah I agree with you on Adams.

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:28 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:48 am

/end rant for now
+1.

You are reading too much into the quote itself. He was just trying to come up with some coachspeak to move on from the question. He wasn't really answering it. Adams obviously found himself in the doghouse. The reason is unknown and obviously Edwards didn't want to share (maybe Adams told him that Kentucky sucks or something, I don't know).
Yeah I probably am. Adams must have done something to piss coach off.