@Utah St

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:40 pm ......... winning's not a priority with this staff.
Not pissing anybody off is the important thing
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Good god his lineup management is piss poor. Why Adams isn't on the floor instead of Liebs or JMac is unacceptable. I don't freaking get it
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

smh.

:tickedoff:
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Adams was high scorer tonight and didn't play like what, the last 6 minutes? lol Don't understand.

What did James have tonight for minutes, maybe 12 minutes total? Moemeka doesn't get any playing time instead Barnes plays.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Part of me wants to rage, but the other part is so resigned to the fact that our coaching staff will ride these inexplicable lineups com hell or high water that literally all i have to say about the coaching decisions tonight is LMAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Last edited by FarmerPoke on Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

double post
Last edited by FarmerPoke on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

lol im an idiot
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I'm willing to give Edwards the benefit of the doubt, but not having James and Adams in that game for at least 35 minutes each is bull poop. If I'm one of Wyoming's future recruits, I am sitting there wondering if Wyoming is the right place for me. It seems that Edwards has a hair trigger and a vindictive streak and his motivational skills are more geared to fear and intimidation. If I were JJ, I just might think about a transfer and go somewhere else where my talents might be better appreciated. These kids have to be scared to death they are going to piss him off and then ride the pine for the next 5 games.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

CowboyNV wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:19 pm I'm willing to give Edwards the benefit of the doubt, but not having James and Adams in that game for at least 35 minutes each is bull poop. If I'm one of Wyoming's future recruits, I am sitting there wondering if Wyoming is the right place for me. It seems that Edwards has a hair trigger and a vindictive streak and his motivational skills are more geared to fear and intimidation. If I were JJ, I just might think about a transfer and go somewhere else where my talents might be better appreciated. These kids have to be scared to death they are going to piss him off and then ride the pine for the next 5 games.
+1. My thoughts exactly
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

Edwards is a f***ing idiot. I'm done with him. There's enough talent on this team to be contending and he's blowing it.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Is Edwards the one missing 3's and FT's? Is Edwards the one throwing stupid passes that end up as easy layups for the opponent. These Cowboys drive me crazy with their flashes of brilliance followed up with total ineptness and stupidity. Maybe their inconsistency is due to what you guys are complaining about. All I know is it's tough to watch some times.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:36 pm Is Edwards the one missing 3's and FT's? Is Edwards the one throwing stupid passes that end up as easy layups for the opponent. These Cowboys drive me crazy with their flashes of brilliance followed up with total ineptness and stupidity. Maybe their inconsistency is due to what you guys are complaining about. All I know is it's tough to watch some times.
At this level, the mental conditioning is as critical as the physical conditioning. These kids are playing scared. They are tentative and over thinking things, worrying about suffering the wrath of Edwards if/when they make a mistake. If they f-word up, they are out and at the end of the bench (all except Jmac, and he can do whatever he wants). I don't claim to have all of the answers or know more than Edwards, but I have spent the majority of my adult life in business motivating others and I know that fear and intimidation only works for a short time. In the long run, it is a recipe for disaster. Edwards needs to take it down a notch or he risks losing the whole team. :twocents:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:48 pm Good god his lineup management is piss poor. Why Adams isn't on the floor instead of Liebs or JMac is unacceptable. I don't freaking get it
I'll get it for you. Lieberman made 2 3's and scored 10 points in the second half. Adams missed 2 crazy dunk attempts and looked completely out of control in the second half. Jmac got the benefit of the doubt because he scored 30 in the last game. I would agree that Jmac probably shouldn't have been in the way he shot last night. But, we didn't lose because Adams wasn't in. We lost because Dalton and others shot horribly in the second half and we let them inside for too many easy shots.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

The MWC needs to poop can every one of these referees and hire an entire new crew. That game was so lopsided on calls in general but some of the most atrocious calls I've seen in awhile.

The only negative thing I have to say about Edwards is i don't feel like he makes good half time adjustments. Another garbage second half on the road by the Cowboys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:48 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:48 pm Good god his lineup management is piss poor. Why Adams isn't on the floor instead of Liebs or JMac is unacceptable. I don't freaking get it
I'll get it for you. Lieberman made 2 3's and scored 10 points in the second half. Adams missed 2 crazy dunk attempts and looked completely out of control in the second half. Jmac got the benefit of the doubt because he scored 30 in the last game. I would agree that Jmac probably shouldn't have been in the way he shot last night. But, we didn't lose because Adams wasn't in. We lost because Dalton and others shot horribly in the second half and we let them inside for too many easy shots.
So last game Adams gets benched for not playing with enough energy and tonight he gets benched for having too much energy.... gotcha. Sounds like Edwards knows what he's doing
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Sounds like from reading on the other board that the reason James isn't seeing more playing time is because of his defense. Guess something about his defense isn't up to coaches liking. I know he is athletic enough to make plays on defense but it must be because he doesn't move his feet or something fundamentally like coach wants or maybe takes the wrong angles on defense. Not sure. Just hearing something to do with his defense though. I don't have any inside info by any means. Just reading things on the other board.

Also someone mentioned something about coach doesn't like to play Adams and James together. I never heard that anywhere before, is that true that anyone else has heard? I guess one could make that assumption though with the fact that Edwards doesn't seem to put them in the game together often.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

My problem with this team is shot selection. Haydon Dalton took 9 3's last night and made 2. Herndon took 6 and made 1. Those 2 should shoot 3's only when the shot clock is running down. Both of them, especially Dalton, should be in the paint or a hellavu lot closer to the basket. We will rarely win on the road shooting 3's. Utah st. got the ball inside over and over again.

There is not 1 player on this team who will be or is even capable of being 1st or 2nd team all conference. We don't get consistent performances from anyone. I think Edwards is going to have to change his offensive philosophy of shoot when you have your legs under you. It was nice that Dalton made a few 3's in the first half. Problem is, he kept hucking up there and killing us. Plus, he's so far from the basket he can't get a rebound.

If Shyatt played too much ball control, it seems that we have gone too far the other way.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

If you looked at everything in the box score stats (except the final score and maybe the free throws) you would have thought the Pokes were the winners. All this tells me is that Edward's game management (mainly player alignment) is at fault. Expect CSU, with its motivated 7 and so not many ways to screw up the lineup, to put hurt on Wyo.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Several times last night we lost out on rebounds because we didn't box out - that's coaching. When our fans are bitching because Dalton, Herndon, or Naughton aren't in rebounding position (under the basket) on defense when a shot is taken and we are in Man defense, then our fans don't understand the opposing coach knows how to get our rebounders out of position for rebounding - and it damn sure worked for them last night.
My second thought on the game was that Dalton's legs were too tired last night (probably as a result of the game on Wednesday) to move quick enough to stop anybody from driving to the basket.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:37 am My problem with this team is shot selection. Haydon Dalton took 9 3's last night and made 2. Herndon took 6 and made 1. Those 2 should shoot 3's only when the shot clock is running down. Both of them, especially Dalton, should be in the paint or a hellavu lot closer to the basket. We will rarely win on the road shooting 3's. Utah st. got the ball inside over and over again.

There is not 1 player on this team who will be or is even capable of being 1st or 2nd team all conference. We don't get consistent performances from anyone. I think Edwards is going to have to change his offensive philosophy of shoot when you have your legs under you. It was nice that Dalton made a few 3's in the first half. Problem is, he kept hucking up there and killing us. Plus, he's so far from the basket he can't get a rebound.

If Shyatt played too much ball control, it seems that we have gone too far the other way.
Agree with this.

I saw it pointed out on the other board I think by NowherePoke that Dalton and Herndon played a total of 68 minutes in the front court last night and had a combined 9 rebounds together in 68 minutes. That is horrible and we won't win playing like that. The reason for it is because of the shot selection and Dalton and Herndon just standing out at the 3 point line hucking them up.

I have been watching the last couple of games and in reality our offense is horrible. Everyone just stands around the 3 point line not much movement and when they do move they run to another spot on the 3 point line. This teams offensive efficiency is horrible.

I actually liked Shyatts ball control offenses better where they would pass the ball around and get good movement and run a motion offense and make cuts. I'm more into the type of offense that Virginia and Wisconsin run where they don't turn the ball over and take care of it and slow it down more than this run and gun Kentucky, North Carolina crap we are trying to run. We don't have the players to run that type of offense.

Shyatts offenses were actually a lot more efficient than this Wyoming's team offense is. This team only scores some higher points because they come down and huck up 3 point shots every time within 10 seconds or less. I agree Edwards needs to change this offense it is bad. Then you add the stupid turnovers on top of it and it is a recipe for disaster.