The sheep ....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Are looking tough. They blasted Hawaii. Hopefully we will be playing our best ball soon.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

As we know, Hawaii stinks so anybody even decent could beat them.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

The way we blew them out or what?
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think they will be tough but hopefully we get healthy and get our run game going before then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

CSU had some mercy for UH. It could have been far worse than 51-21. Rams will be very tough.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

IF our d-line is healthy for that game, we could give Smith the same treatment Buffs did. Remember that 2 out of 4 starters have been out the last couple of weeks. Missing Prosser is a pretty big deal.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Hawaii did have a bye week to prepare for us. And CSU did have a bye week to prepare for Hawaii.

If we want to play comparative scores, Wyoming beat Texas State by more than any team they've faced this year....including CU.

IMO, Wyoming is improving week to week. And having a bye week at this point of the season will be advantagous for getting players healthy and coaching ups the youngsters based on how they've played so far. The Pokes best football is yet to come.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

I am not sure if we have the ability to score against a decent team. Our inability to sustain drives is troubling. Our defense looked good at certain times but I am not sure we can stop CSU. I think that the Hawaii game is a serious indication of how we compare, bye weeks or not. Gawd I want to be wrong.....
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

we'll know more when we go on the road to a pesky Aggie team in USU, we'll know more after that one on what type of team we'll be the rest of the way, me thinks
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

stymeman wrote:we'll know more when we go on the road to a pesky Aggie team in USU, we'll know more after that one on what type of team we'll be the rest of the way, me thinks
I agree. Even on the road we should paste them, if not, it's a long season.

W-Y, Until I Die!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:30 am
stymeman wrote:we'll know more when we go on the road to a pesky Aggie team in USU, we'll know more after that one on what type of team we'll be the rest of the way, me thinks
I agree. Even on the road we should paste them, if not, it's a long season.

You feel Wyoming should expect to paste USU?
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I don’t anticipate being favored in that game but look for a dogfight as they certainly have weaknesses that can be exploited.

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

I think our team improves a lot if our lines heal up during this bye week. Prosser makes our pass rush so much more effective, and now that it seems Ghaifan is breaking out, we suddenly have turned our D-Line into a strength rather than a weakness. Our opponents can no longer just focus on shutting down Granderson to be able to drop back and wait for receivers to get open.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

can't wait til the Border War and soooo glad it's at the War!!!! Beeeet the Sheeeep
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

I think all of our success moving forward hinges on our running game. IF we can SUSTAIN drives, then our Defense will be fine. but if they are forced to be out there all game because our offense can't move the chains, then it's going to be a long season. oh...and USU is going to be a tough game. No way we "paste" them. I hate the sheep. we can beat them if healthy and we can run the ball. but they do look good.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Oof. It's almost painful watching the sheep right now. They're a machine, and the only opposition they face is dumb penalties.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

They will paste Utah State. It’s already getting ugly

pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I’m looking forward to next week I think we can go head to head in Logan and win.

ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

The usu game is critical for bowl eligibility, and will be great for the maturation of this team. CSU looks tough, likely need to force turnovers to beat them.

I think we challenge for a title next year if we find a solid rb.