MWC tourney

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

I might be crazy, but I think the best seed going into this we can draw would be the 6 seed. Granted we would have to play San Joser on wed, and have an extra game to win, but we would avoid having to play Nevada till the finals. We would play the 3 seed, either New Mexico or Fresno State, both of which we can beat if we are on. When we get to the finals, Nevada hoping will roll over and rest up, knowing they have an at large bid.
camwyo
Buckaroo

The way I understand it, we own the tiebreaker with SDSU due to our win over Nevada, so either a win Saturday or an SDSU loss gets us into the 4v5 game.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

camwyo wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:43 pm The way I understand it, we own the tiebreaker with SDSU due to our win over Nevada, so either a win Saturday or an SDSU loss gets us into the 4v5 game.
I hate to see us lose so the 4/5 game it is. Louis Adams best have the best three game stretch of his life. Gotta hope that JJ and Dalton are both clicking and that Herndon is a beast and we can make some noise. Go Pokes!
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

No way. A pigtail game against SJSU with our history? That's just begging for an embarrassing outcome.

I would take the bye. We would get Fresno or UNM in the 4/5 game anyway.
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Vt poke wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:12 pm
camwyo wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:43 pm The way I understand it, we own the tiebreaker with SDSU due to our win over Nevada, so either a win Saturday or an SDSU loss gets us into the 4v5 game.
I hate to see us lose so the 4/5 game it is. Louis Adams best have the best three game stretch of his life. Gotta hope that JJ and Dalton are both clicking and that Herndon is a beast and we can make some noise. Go Pokes!
The "Gotta hope that....Herndon is a beast" part made me chuckle. I acknowledge his better-than-average shot-blocking prowess, but at beast?... I dunno...
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

GOWYO wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:30 pm
Vt poke wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:12 pm
The "Gotta hope that....Herndon is a beast" part made me chuckle. I acknowledge his better-than-average shot-blocking prowess, but at beast?... I dunno...
Ya the beast mode is a stretch... let’s hope he doesn’t play soft, can protect the rim, and doesn’t camp out at the 3 point line. We can’t afford to have 2 stretch 4’s
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

NowherePoke wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:06 pm No way. A pigtail game against SJSU with our history? That's just begging for an embarrassing outcome.

Amen brother. I'm still can't forget the 0-25 start in the Air force game last year. The same Air force team that was absolutely awful all year. I would be thrilled if we got to the semi finals. I'm pretty sure we only got there once under shyatt and once under Schroyer.
proud CCCS
Buckaroo

nowhere is right, we don't want to play SJS. This team could lose to them. We need SDSU to lose as Cowboys will not likely beat BS.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

NowherePoke wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:06 pm No way. A pigtail game against SJSU with our history? That's just begging for an embarrassing outcome.

I agree.

As much as I have been down on this team I think getting New Mexico if possible in the 4/5 game and the fact they beat us twice would make it hard for them to beat us a 3rd time. So my hope is the 5th seed against the Lobos and think we have a chance to win that game.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

There is one possible advantage to being 6. That is that the Pokes could likely beat SJSU. That would give them a nice looking 20 season wins for a post season bid. I doubt they would beat FS or NM, so would be stuck with a 19 win record.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:55 pm There is one possible advantage to being 6. That is that the Pokes could likely beat SJSU. That would give them a nice looking 20 season wins for a post season bid. I doubt they would beat FS or NM, so would be stuck with a 19 win record.
I don't think the 19 vs 20 will matter. Either one is a cbi at best. I dont think Nit is coming for us. Plus even beating sjsu will lower our rpi and other metrics counteracting the extra win.

I do think we will get cbi regardless. So many other teams tell that tournament no, and that tournament knows we always play it, having played it more times than any other team in the nation. I think we will get an invite again, even if we end up at only 19 wins
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Game at a time Boys
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I like our side of the bracket, SJSU, then New Mexico and probably Boise again we'll see