Things I like/didn't like

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Don’t like:

-Being out of the conversation for the MW title.
-Taking half of the season to figure out what works (which puts us out of the MW title race early.)
-The palaver around playcalling...soooo old.

Like:

-Old school football...maybe this is unpopular but I love tough defenses and a smashmouth Offense
-Beating CSU and AFA...sooooo nice!
-Being bowl eligible..Again! Maybe we get left out, but as Wyoming fans, we can’t take this for granted.
-Generally not being outclassed from the opening kickoff (except maybe Missouri).
-The feeling that 6-6 is kind of the basement for this staff.

I’ve been a Cowboy’s fan for a long time …. Saw a lot of teams fade down the stretch and limp to 2-4 win seasons...This group did not...kudos to them.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Keep in mind that we beat the teams we should have beat except for one and we almost stole one from a now top 25 team. It didn't take us time to figure things out.....we just beat the teams that are at our level or worse other than Hawaii. My only regret is that we would have pulled the trigger on Chambers against Hawaii and forward....but heck.....we were winning until the final minutes of that game.

In our losses....we lost to four top 25 teams, an 8-4 SEC team, and one team that was our level.....all this while replacing your best offensive player and your difference maker. It's been a tough season to watch but our team found itself and made something out of nothing. I'm proud of them.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

Man, how good did Valladay look today? Showed some vision and great cuts.

I know TVW didn’t throw well today but he ran the ball well and made the right read in the read option game. He converted some big first downs with his legs. He threw poorly but I also thought that no one really made a single play catching the ball today. Seemed like there was a lot of drops. I’m not expecting guys to catch balls behind them but it seems like they didn’t make a single play on a ball that wasn’t perfect. We need guys to make catches that maybe they shouldn’t make.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Our defense only giving up 84 yards was kind of ridiculous. Even Fresno allowed almost 300 yards against Lobos.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

307bball wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:14 pm Don’t like:

Like:

Yes being kings of the front range is cool.

But the palaver -- what is a sports forum if not palaver?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Brown and Gold wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:13 pm In our losses....we lost to four top 25 teams, an 8-4 SEC team, and one team that was our level.....all this while replacing your best offensive player and your difference maker. It's been a tough season to watch but our team found itself and made something out of nothing. I'm proud of them.
It's funny, what I heard in September on this forum was that Mizzou and Wazzu would "both be bottom-feeders in their respective conferences" and "at best middle of the pack teams in the PAC 12 and SEC" or that "CSU beat a SEC team today.....It probably says something that they can compete with P5 teams and we can’t".
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Yeah....Arkansas ended up pretty bad and the teams we played ended up pretty good.....just like anything....nobody really knows much about how teams are going to fare in their conference.....they just state things like that because they are mad.....
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:34 pm
Brown and Gold wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:13 pm In our losses....we lost to four top 25 teams, an 8-4 SEC team, and one team that was our level.....all this while replacing your best offensive player and your difference maker. It's been a tough season to watch but our team found itself and made something out of nothing. I'm proud of them.
It's funny, what I heard in September on this forum was that Mizzou and Wazzu would "both be bottom-feeders in their respective conferences" and "at best middle of the pack teams in the PAC 12 and SEC" or that "CSU beat a SEC team today.....It probably says something that they can compete with P5 teams and we can’t".
What exactly is the point of your post? To call people out for opinions they stated 3 months (+/-) ago? You do this poop all the time. You would make a good child..."daddy, you said we could have ice cream!!"

It doesn't take much of a person to dig up old conversations and toss poop at posters when they are proven wrong (opinion or fact). Not that it was me you are pointing to, but give us all a break will you?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:40 pm
What exactly is the point of your post? To call people out for opinions they stated 3 months (+/-) ago? You do this poop all the time. You would make a good child..."daddy, you said we could have ice cream!!"

It doesn't take much of a person to dig up old conversations and toss poop at posters when they are proven wrong (opinion or fact). Not that it was me you are pointing to, but give us all a break will you?
f-word that...that's the entire point of a message board...calling people out on the stupid poop they said 3 months ago.

Note: I am being slightly flippant, but not completely.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:13 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:40 pm

f-word that...that's the entire point of a message board...calling people out on the stupid poop they said 3 months ago.

Note: I am being slightly flippant, but not completely.
Or in vanklomper's case, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 months. The poop never stops FFS.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

I mean, we could point out that many of us were calling for an offense that occasionally changed things up a bit rather than always running on first down and almost always also running on second down.

Chambers was the catalyst and definitely added another dimension to the run game, but the play calling also changed quite a bit after he got in there, which is a big part of why our run game also worked better.

Certain people tried to claim we asked for an air raid offense, when all we wanted was to be less predictable.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:25 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:14 pm Don’t like:

Like:

Yes being kings of the front range is cool.
I love being Kings of the Front Range! I love to rub it in the faces of the ewes. I hate that bunch!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

WSU is better than expected (preseason rankings).
Mizzou is a middle of the pack SEC team...so?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:47 pm I'm done arguing. This is brutal.
:rofl: :rofl:
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

You're right. What's really brutal is actually the Wyoming fan base. Why did I even waste my time for 4 years trying to get people to accept me when this is the reaction I got from the start? I hope you're happy where you are. I'll still try to follow the program from afar from time to time, but there's no point in me attempting to interact with the fan base anymore at this point.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

I mean, gleefully pointing out when other people are wrong AND also refusing to acknowledge when you yourself is wrong may have something to do with that?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:59 am You're right. What's really brutal is actually the Wyoming fan base. Why did I even waste my time for 4 years trying to get people to accept me when this is the reaction I got from the start? I hope you're happy where you are. I'll still try to follow the program from afar from time to time, but there's no point in me attempting to interact with the fan base anymore at this point.
Lighten up, Francis. It is just a message board. Besides, come on man, everyone was questioning around the time of the Wofford game.

I'm still not sold on the offense.