Hitting bottom

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Does it feel like we have hit bottom? Being at the bottom sux but it is at least nice knowing that It can't get worse. Now, before I get accused of "sunshine pumping", please hear me when I say...this season has turned into a dumpster fire of epic proportions and I don't believe it's salvageable.

With that out of the way, I feel like there are not very many more ways to delude ourselves that we may be good...we are not. The task before us is to fix what is not working. After the first four games the red flags were all there but it was hard to feel too terrible with a zero in the loss column. Losses to a good AFA and Fresno where the defense played well definitely stung but you could say "if we get something from the QB position...maybe we can salvage this thing".

Which brings us to now. Back to back losses against middling conference foes that did not even feel very close. What is left to feel good about? I think, not very much. Here is what I'm hanging my hat on....

Is the offense turning this thing around??? In the loss to SJSU, Wyoming has its highest production by yardage of the season...with a new full-time starter under center. Now, it's obviously not setting the world on fire but maybe the new OC is getting somewhere...pitifully late ... but still.

No more illusions of who we are....I look at this as a chance to shake the etch-a-sketch. Throw the kitchen sink at the Rams. Pull out all the stops. Nothing has worked doing the traditional stuff so lets go out there and let it all hang out. Who knows if this is a message that Bohl will send to his staff and players but I hope it is.

Anyways...not much there to feel good about but the muscle I have developed over many disappointing Wyoming sports seasons is trying to find something to hang on to.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Rock bottom will be Saturday if we can't pull out a win against a terrible CSU team (again).
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

cowpoke pride wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:25 am Rock bottom will be Saturday if we can't pull out a win against a terrible CSU team.
A terrible team against a terrible terrible team. I'll still be watching.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Pokes will not beat CSU. 31-17 Rams.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

It wouldn't be as bad if the POKES at least feel competitive as you pointed out.

Again too lazy to look it up, but I'll bet the offensive stats are pretty similar to year's past excluding Josh Allen years.

Pray the D keeps it close and the offense at least gets a few scores.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

We ain’t even close to rock bottom, just wait for the ugliness of the 22 and 23 seasons when we can’t afford to make a change that everyone knows needs to happen.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

calpoke25 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:00 pm We ain’t even close to rock bottom, just wait for the ugliness of the 22 and 23 seasons when we can’t afford to make a change that everyone knows needs to happen.
I agree with you that this isn’t close to where bottom can be. Most of us lived through the Koenning years.

The next few weeks will be important to setting a tone for the next few years. Lose out and it will be really ugly in 22. Salvage a few of the next games a make a bowl and at least we can maintain some player buy-in. As you state, we can’t afford to make a change unless Bohl retires.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

calpoke25 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:00 pm We ain’t even close to rock bottom, just wait for the ugliness of the 22 and 23 seasons when we can’t afford to make a change that everyone knows needs to happen.
Don't lose all hope. Perhaps there will be a new covid variant and next season will be cancelled.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:08 pm
Don't lose all hope. Perhaps there will be a new covid variant and next season will be cancelled.
:roll: I got a better shoot of having a foursome with three hot looking adult tv stars than that happening!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:23 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:08 pm
:roll: I got a better shoot of having a foursome with three hot looking adult tv stars than that happening!!!!!
To quote Cyndi Lauper- "Money! Changes everything!"
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory