Border War part 1....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:59 am If I remember last year didn't we beat them in these unis?? I don't like the white neither, but sure hoping our fellas are focused and up to the task....lets show the sheeeep whos boss. All these CSU pukes invading the AA need to be silenced as well...Go Pokes!!

Its being discussed on CSUs Ram Rumblings
No. We lost to them twice last year. Interesting that we are +1 on our home court. Its almost like the oddsmakers are making it easier to bet Wyoming. Seattle, is this what you would call a trap game?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:14 am
stymeman wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:59 am If I remember last year didn't we beat them in these unis?? I don't like the white neither, but sure hoping our fellas are focused and up to the task....lets show the sheeeep whos boss. All these CSU pukes invading the AA need to be silenced as well...Go Pokes!!

Its being discussed on CSUs Ram Rumblings
No. We lost to them twice last year. Interesting that we are +1 on our home court. Its almost like the oddsmakers are making it easier to bet Wyoming. Seattle, is this what you would call a trap game?
No. No trap game.

They opened the line Wyoming favored -1.5

Someone they respect with big money bet on CSU so the line moved to A pick ‘em , then to CSU -1 or CSU -1.5 depending on the book.

Someone seems to think CSU will win tonight. Good thing they aren’t always right.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:44 am
Old-Bull wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:37 pm I'm against ripping off peoples ideas and selling them as your own. In this case I might make an exception. It's no secret Colorado State had their "state pride" uniforms before Wyoming had ours. That was their idea.

This seems like some upper level trolling for us to wear an idea we stole from our opponents against those same opponents. That should definitely annoy some people down south.

It's the Border War. I guess I'll stifle my vomit from borrowing CSU's state flag uniforms just because it probably pisses off a lot of people in Fort Collins.
Wyoming didn’t rip this off. Wyoming wore these uniforms last year when we played CSU. So it’s just the same uniforms from last year.
Yeah, we did. They had their state pride uniforms at least 1 season before we did.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:26 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:13 pm I want to know whose brilliant idea it was to have a "whiteout" game. All of my Wyoming apparel is brown or gold, or even grey. Plus, I never knew white was one of our school colors. But ok, I guess. I'll just wear white and it won't have any UW logos on it.
csewe colors are green and white - is this for them?
Seriously. When I first heard “whiteout” the first thing that came to mind were some horrifying drives through Shirley Basin in white out conditions.
Me too! Too many memories.... :D
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:16 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:44 am
Old-Bull wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:37 pm I'm against ripping off peoples ideas and selling them as your own. In this case I might make an exception. It's no secret Colorado State had their "state pride" uniforms before Wyoming had ours. That was their idea.

This seems like some upper level trolling for us to wear an idea we stole from our opponents against those same opponents. That should definitely annoy some people down south.

It's the Border War. I guess I'll stifle my vomit from borrowing CSU's state flag uniforms just because it probably pisses off a lot of people in Fort Collins.
Wyoming didn’t rip this off. Wyoming wore these uniforms last year when we played CSU. So it’s just the same uniforms from last year.
Yeah, we did. They had their state pride uniforms at least 1 season before we did.
Okay. Didn’t realize they had them that long.

Honestly I don’t care if we come out in hot pink ballerina shoes and tutu’s as long as we win.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

roads are crappy, of course. Been beautiful with no wind for a couple weeks until today.
pcwyo
Buckaroo

Okay folks. The road westbound Cheyenne to Laramie is closed for rolling closure due to full closure west of Laramie. This means that if you're going to Laramie only they should let you through. We need everyone at the game. I80 and Wyo 210 both look good Cheyenne to Laramie.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Looks like they put White t shirts on all the seat backs in the lower bowl. So free tshirts for people who get there early enough.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

They should really change the seats in the upper. Looks more ghetto every year.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:05 pm They should really change the seats in the upper. Looks more ghetto every year.
No question. I'm not really excited to lose capacity, but we don't exactly fill the upper bowl these days. I say install the larger seats (maybe in brown so they don't stand out so much), lower capacity with the new seats, and make for a better look and experience.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Is the game on TV anywhere?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:31 pm Is the game on TV anywhere?
Look 3 posts up and you will see it is on FS 1 at 6 pm MT.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

We need to hit some 3s to win this one
W-Y, Until I Die!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:17 pm We need to hit some 3s to win this one
Or get some drives to the paint like CSU does. The Pokes offense seems very predictable, very flat I'm surprised they have stayed so close to CSU.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:25 pm
laxwyo wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:17 pm We need to hit some 3s to win this one
Or get some drives to the paint like CSU does. The Pokes offense seems very predictable, very flat I'm surprised they have stayed so close to CSU.
Wenzel has been smoked toast tonight
W-Y, Until I Die!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Wow what a game! Maldo was unreal. What a huge win. It sucks to be a CSU Ram!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

The basketball doesn’t lie. We had a clean strip on Roddy and they called it. Even better that he missed the game winner. Good job pokes!
W-Y, Until I Die!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Ah yeah! That was awesome! Good to see so many people there. Any word on the attendance?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

That was a great game to watch. It's fitting that Roddy missed his second free throw after getting to the line on a clean strip. It was also fitting he fouled out on Maldonado's flop after Roddy flopped on the play before.

This conference is loaded with teams that could do some damage in the NCAA tournament.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

'PokeForLife wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:26 pm Ah yeah! That was awesome! Good to see so many people there. Any word on the attendance?
Attendance was great. Fantastic atmosphere. I would say 7.5 to 8k