Bracketology

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Might as well start cautiously watching this stuff: CBS (Jerry Palm) has us in as a dang 8 seed:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... cketology/

That seems patently crazy to think about but if this team gets through the regular season with 25 wins and at least a piece of the regular season MWC crown and then wins a couple of games in the MWC tournament... 8 seed seems like the floor.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

ESPN says we are an 11 seed in a play-in game and are "last four in" while Boise and CSU are 8 and 10 seeds, respectively.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story ... -men-field

They also have San Francisco in the "last four in" group. I say that's all stupid. We're 2-1 against BSU + CSU and share a common opponent with USF. We beat GCU in their gym and USF lost at home to them.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

8/9 seeds suck really cuz if u get past that one its onto a #1...good experience tho...id love an 11 or 12
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

stymeman wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:24 pm 8/9 seeds suck really cuz if u get past that one its onto a #1...good experience tho...id love an 11 or 12
I’m with ya there!

No thanks about being an 8 or 9. I want a chance to at least go to the sweet sixteen. Don’t want to play a 1 seed that early.

Hope to win out and get a 5 or 6 seed or if we don’t win out then get a 11 or 12. Have a better chance of advancing farther.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

SDSU just lost to CSU and the referees. Roddy is starting to get away with murder because his success is good for conference exposure. I can't believe there wasn't a call on the last drive to the basket for SDSU. That's a big win for CSU.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

DVDA wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:24 pm SDSU just lost to CSU and the referees. Roddy is starting to get away with murder because his success is good for conference exposure. I can't believe there wasn't a call on the last drive to the basket for SDSU. That's a big win for CSU.
That went both ways. Very happy to see that the "Flop" rule was being enforced at the beginning of the second half. Hopefully they don't wait as long to start calling out the BS in the future....
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

PokeTransplant wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:11 pm
DVDA wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:24 pm SDSU just lost to CSU and the referees. Roddy is starting to get away with murder because his success is good for conference exposure. I can't believe there wasn't a call on the last drive to the basket for SDSU. That's a big win for CSU.
That went both ways. Very happy to see that the "Flop" rule was being enforced at the beginning of the second half. Hopefully they don't wait as long to start calling out the BS in the future....
I agree that they did the right thing calling the flops on both teams but the calls in that game favored CSU by a long shot. That last drive had a ton of contact for a no call.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I had turned it off when SDSU got down 20. Can’t believe it
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

DVDA wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:31 am
PokeTransplant wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:11 pm
I agree that they did the right thing calling the flops on both teams but the calls in that game favored CSU by a long shot. That last drive had a ton of contact for a no call.
Does it seem like the "home cooking" in the MWC is really over the top?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

That's something I've been wondering about for years now....who started the act of flopping in basketball?! Was it in the NBA first or in college?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:16 pm That's something I've been wondering about for years now....who started the act of flopping in basketball?! Was it in the NBA first or in college?
LeBron or

Maybe this is the beginning:
It was February 1976, and the Boston Celtics were hosting the Houston Rockets at the grand old Boston Garden. At some point during the game, Houston guard Mike Newlin slid into the path of Dave Cowens as the Celtics legend was driving strong toward the hoop. Cowens brushed by Newlin, who then acted as if he’d been blasted by a shotgun, flying backward and drawing the charge. Cowens pleaded his case to the referee, but, then as today, the ref wasn’t having it.

When Cowens finally turned from the ref, what did he see? The cowardly figure of one Mike Newlin, dribbling down the court while presumably holding an Oscar statue in his other hand. So Cowens did what real, honest-to-goodness M-E-N did back in the bloody days of yore. He Jadeveon Clowney–ed the villain, turned to the referee, and bellowed, “NOW THAT’S A f-word FOUL!” Flagrant foul, Cowens ejected; a blow for justice that would echo throughout time had been struck. Celtics coach Tommy Heinsohn argued against Cowens’s ejection so strenuously that he was then ejected
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

In the NBA from what i remember Bill Laimbeer for Detroit was quite the flopper and really the 1st time i remember seeing it being used by a playoff team
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

Cbs (palm) now has us up to a 7 seed.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... cketology/

ESPN (lunardi) now has us up to a 9 seed.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

stymeman wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:24 pm In the NBA from what i remember Bill Laimbeer for Detroit was quite the flopper and really the 1st time i remember seeing it being used by a playoff team
The worm liked to flop
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

The MW is a dam tough conference this year. I think the conference gets screwed with only 3 teams going to the dance. Hope I’m wrong.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:50 pm The MW is a dam tough conference this year. I think the conference gets screwed with only 3 teams going to the dance. Hope I’m wrong.
Jon Rothstein was just talking about 5 teams may be going from the MWC. So think 4 go for sure but Utah St has such good metrics that they may be able to steal a bid.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

The real turd is how byu is even in the discussion at 17-8. They were listed as “work to do”.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:32 am The real turd is how byu is even in the discussion at 17-8. They were listed as “work to do”.
They're falling faster than sobriety at a frat party. I'd put money on them not making the field this year.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:26 am
laxwyo wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:32 am The real turd is how byu is even in the discussion at 17-8. They were listed as “work to do”.
They're falling faster than sobriety at a frat party. I'd put money on them not making the field this year.
I hope you are right on this! To even think the WCC has 4 tourney teams (now) is rediculous.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Joe Lunardi has Wyoming at an8 seed in the East.

Has 3 MW teams projected.