Utah state

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

What are we thinking? They are a hot team and have been pounding opponents lately. I'm thinking a close win as per usual. Go Pokes!
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Definitely will be a big win, they have been playing really well. If it was in Logan tonight, I think they win, but we prevail at home tonight
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I'm very nervous because we don't play with a deep rotation and after 3 hard fought games in the last week, the team's legs have to be tired. We need the crowd to bring it tonight!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:33 am I'm very nervous because we don't play with a deep rotation and after 3 hard fought games in the last week, the team's legs have to be tired. We need the crowd to bring it tonight!
We have a few things in our favor. Ike was in foul trouble in Fresno so he only played 26 minutes. Plus, our games have not been real run and gun type affairs lately - a lot of half court basketball. I think Ike can foul out their entire front line tonight. I expect a lot of crying and whining from BY....er.... Utah st.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

I'm not scared of this team. They all look like they are 28 and have some MLM wares to sell me.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Not sure why, but I now have a bad feeling about tonight. Hope I am wrong. line started at Wyo -3 and is down to -1.5
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:45 am Not sure why, but I now have a bad feeling about tonight. Hope I am wrong. line started at Wyo -3 and is down to -1.5
This is natural feeling since a lot of our games have been close. Feels like we’ll come up short one of these times.
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I'm concerned. But after winning all these close games I'm not worried, we'll find a way tonite if we contain Justin Bean, play as a team, play our game we should get er done, unless the guys are tired....headed to Laramie now!!
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Line is now -1.0 Wyo.

They’re in a hot streak. This is a very important matchup. 😬
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Just because the line dropped doesn’t mean anything. Lines have moved against Wyoming a lot this year and they still won.

Line moves work 50/50.

Wyoming can’t afford to lose at home. If they lose they will probably be outside of the NCAA and have to win a few more to get back in. They better be ready to play tonight.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cowduck
Cowpoke

I was being a bit glib above, but seriously USU is the whitest, most buttoned-up basketball team I think I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of BYU teams over the years. The reality is there are no easy games left on the schedule. But we've also played a lot of tough games already and learned how to hang on. Would I like to be ending games a little earlier? Yes. Would I love a truly ball-secure guard who makes 90% of his free throws for those end-of-game situations? Also yes. But the next best thing is winning close games with some timely big buckets and just enough free throw makes to close them out.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:19 pm If they lose they will probably be outside of the NCAA and have to win a few more to get back in.
Or just win the MWC championship.
Cowpoke99
Buckaroo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

So who is reffing this???? It's not Dave Hall is it?
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

These refs all from Logan, or Provostan? f-word assholes.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Gonna lose to the BYU JV because they brought their referees with them. What a f-word joke of a game so far.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

f-word clowns reffing this. And I rarely bitch about officiating.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
PAPoke
Buckaroo

In case y'all are wondering...

Your officials tonight are:

Verne Harris - Denver, Colorado
Michael Irving - Los Angeles, California
Larry Spaulding - Amarillo, Texas
Last edited by PAPoke on Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

PAPoke wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:48 pm In case y'all are wondering...

Michael Irving - Los Angela, California
Don't you mean Los Angeles?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PAPoke
Buckaroo

Wyokie wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:00 pm
PAPoke wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:48 pm In case y'all are wondering...

Michael Irving - Los Angela, California
Don't you mean Los Angeles?
good catch. oops
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Ike getting mugged. Only counts as over-the-back if you tackle him apparently.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."