Ike hit the wall….

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Struggling, looks tired. No lift right now to his game. Pokes are 1 and done in the tourney. :tickedoff:
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Lol @ this post.

They may be one and done but I wouldn’t count on it as automatic. They get Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday all day off before playing in the afternoon on Thursday. So some well needed rest coming up which should do them some good.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

Its the weight of the long grueling season. I dont think a few days of rest will matter. He shots are short. UNLV will not double team him, so he will have his chances to game up.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

Ike has hit a bit of a wall, but I like our chances
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Clean slate, our turn and the Pokes will be just fine!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:37 pm Its the weight of the long grueling season. I dont think a few days of rest will matter. He shots are short. UNLV will not double team him, so he will have his chances to game up.
You don’t think UNLV will double Ike?
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

Todays the day Ike, Lets Go!!!!. 20 and 10. :thumb:
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:47 pm
WyoVaquero wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:37 pm Its the weight of the long grueling season. I dont think a few days of rest will matter. He shots are short. UNLV will not double team him, so he will have his chances to game up.
You don’t think UNLV will double Ike?
Yes they will. That's why the "other three" have to be on their game to beat UNLV.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:46 am Todays the day Ike, Lets Go!!!!. 20 and 10. :thumb:
Ike needs to get aggressive in this game today and stuff it with both hands when he is in close.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

Still hitting the wall
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

Went head first into to the wall. SMH. I hope he shows up tomorrow.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

He gets hit on the elbow every time
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

DUNK THE BALL WITH AUTHORITY
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

He is not hitting the shots he as at the beginning and middle of the year. That short jumper has left him.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

LawPoke wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:49 am He is not hitting the shots he as at the beginning and middle of the year. That short jumper has left him.
I’d say the league adjusting has been the biggest impact. Through most of the season Ike was getting the ball in deep where he was impossible to defend. There has been a big effort to keep him from getting deep and bringing the double teams (and triple teams) earlier. Until Ike demonstrates that he can pass quickly out of that situation and protect the ball without turning it over, he will continue to see the same strategy.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Lots of things are going on with Ike. Officials are letting people more physical in defending him. They're also calling more offensive fouls when people flop or when he hooks people on his drop step. He cant be as aggressive as he was earlier in the year.

Teams figured out the Ike rules and are fronting the entry pass as well as denying him deep positioning in the post. He's getting the ball farther from the basket. Teams are disguising their double teams and usually bringing the double off of J.O.'s guy on the baseline. They're being very physical with him all game to wear him down and try to draw cheap retaliatory fouls on him.

He's getting every teams full attention every game.

I don't think he's really hit a wall. I just think he's facing very difficult conditions to dominate.

My solutions would be to get the ball out of double teams quickly to make people pay for doubling him. I would crash J.O. to the rim for easy dunks when the double comes off him(pass out to the three point line and have that guy throw the oop). I would play Hunter Thompson more with Ike(instead of as his back up) so you pull a big out of the post to defend the 3 point line.

I really think it benefits us if Ike is getting everyones full attention. It lets other guys on the team shine like Wenzel, Jeffries, Dusell, and Thompson. It opens up a bunch of open shots for our teams strength: shooting.

I'm happy Ike's usage is going down. The other guys on the team need to feel like they're helping the team win and they aren't just riding the Ike/Maldo train or some of them may look to transfer.

Lately Dusell, Wenzel, Reynolds, and Thompson are starting to play a lot better. I don't think that's an accident. I think it's a result of them having more responsibility and expectations to help the team win since Ike is getting everyones full attention. My expectation is that it's going to result in a night when all of those guys go off. I think that night might be tonight vs. Boise. What happens if Jeffries, Dusell, Thompson, Reynolds, and J.O. are all hitting their shots: we'll hammer the team we're playing. Our bench is getting hot at the right time.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:43 am
LawPoke wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:49 am He is not hitting the shots he as at the beginning and middle of the year. That short jumper has left him.
I’d say the league adjusting has been the biggest impact. Through most of the season Ike was getting the ball in deep where he was impossible to defend. There has been a big effort to keep him from getting deep and bringing the double teams (and triple teams) earlier. Until Ike demonstrates that he can pass quickly out of that situation and protect the ball without turning it over, he will continue to see the same strategy.
I think you are right. One result has been him missing a ton of shouts within 5' of the basket that he used to make with ease.

I think he is learning, though. Exhibit A - the passing rotation to get X the dagger shot against UNLV.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

Come on Ike... Tonights the night. 20 and 10 We want round 3 versus the Rammies. :winky: