@Illinois

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Here we are (already---where'd summer go?l I'm flying into St Louis Friday, testing some food places, going to Braves Cardinals, then driving out to Champaign for the game. For the 1st time in a loooong time I don't have ANY idea what to expect outta this one....i hope their fans will be cool and we find a way to get er done, as I'm due for a good(uconn doesn't count) win on the road i get to see is way overdue!!! Hope to see some brown and gold in Fighting Illini territory
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

I can't be to hopeful, but I hope we knock them off. I was at the Uconn game last year, and I swear to god, if I ever hear that Guns' N Roses song again, I'll shoot someone.

Every. Goddamn. 3rd..Down. I swear we must have converted every 3rd down, and made them pay for it. And we had to hear "Welcome to the jungle's" start out every 3rd down. That's like 10x the number of times I listened to it in High School.

Everyone would stand up like it was the first time they heard it. They loved it. Did Gun's N Roses graduate from Uconn or something?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Not to be a downer but more of a realist….

Wyoming most likely will get skull drug this weekend. Not because Illinois is some juggernaut, although I do think Illinois in Bielema’s 2nd year will be a pretty decent team. It is more because Wyoming at best has been very mediocre under Bohl when we have had the best teams under him and this year we have little production coming back and Bohl is horrible on the road. Bohl is going to see what’s it’s like to play smash mouth football with Bielema on the other sideline. Illinois most likely beats us by a pretty decent amount. I think the spread is too low unless Bohl has some secret (sauce, weapon) whatever you want to call it that we have never seen before. I’m not expecting anything but a butt kicking back to Laramie. I guess that tells you how excited I am for Wyoming football this year.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

27-7 Illinois...yawn.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

307bball wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:39 am 27-7 Illinois...yawn.
I think you are about where I'd be 307. I just don't see it. My guess is that we stay close for a little while. Unfortunately, our offense will likely have too many 3 and out series and our defense will tire, especially with Bielema's offensive scheme. My other guess is that we see a bit of trickery from Illinois, which will completely deflate us after a big stop.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

LawPoke wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:15 am
307bball wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:39 am 27-7 Illinois...yawn.
I think you are about where I'd be 307. I just don't see it. My guess is that we stay close for a little while. Unfortunately, our offense will likely have too many 3 and out series and our defense will tire, especially with Bielema's offensive scheme. My other guess is that we see a bit of trickery from Illinois, which will completely deflate us after a big stop.
I also predict a similar result but I'll go with a bit closer score 24-10 Illinois. I see this as likely a boring game with Illinois also going with a vanilla gameplan. I hope I'm wrong and we see the Pokes open it up with something like a Swen back to Peasley flea-flicker to hit Cobbs deep surprise along with a revamped offense.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:46 pm I can't be to hopeful, but I hope we knock them off. I was at the Uconn game last year, and I swear to god, if I ever hear that Guns' N Roses song again, I'll shoot someone.

Every. Goddamn. 3rd..Down. I swear we must have converted every 3rd down, and made them pay for it. And we had to hear "Welcome to the jungle's" start out every 3rd down. That's like 10x the number of times I listened to it in High School.

Everyone would stand up like it was the first time they heard it. They loved it. Did Gun's N Roses graduate from Uconn or something?
Just like our giant tachometer to get us Wyoming fans juiced up for 3rd down lol
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:22 am
Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:46 pm I can't be to hopeful, but I hope we knock them off. I was at the Uconn game last year, and I swear to god, if I ever hear that Guns' N Roses song again, I'll shoot someone.

Just like our giant tachometer to get us Wyoming fans juiced up for 3rd down lol
The whole gameday experience at the War (and frankly at basketball games) needs a refresh. The hype videos, tunnel entrance, opening band performance, 3rd down tachometer, Raise a Little Hell and other stuff need to be revisited. They are all old and tired. The run out with the horse and rider is ok. But the rest of it is blah. And basketball could be a lot better, especially with the team we have. The video is pretty good, but the timing of it, the run out, the length of the video, etc. are meh.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

17-21. Pokes keep it close, but fall
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I'll be the odd ball and predict 21-20 Pokes pull something out of their collective a$$ and pull this off, only to falter against Tulsa at home next week and start the inevitable skid.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Craig Bohl in road P5 games:

14-48
14-56
14-31
17-52
3-24
13-40

I‘m taking Illinois and the points……
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

The depth chart was released...

At QB for Wyoming: TBA
At Punter for Wyoming: TBA

I'm confident that Illinois knows Peasley will be starting and I doubt Illinois really cares who we have at QB or punter. This is beyond stupid.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Yeah the 3rd down Riff from Slash and G&R got very old, i dont like that song as much as i used to, but despite that ugly game the trip to the NE was fun though... lets hope we look respectable in this one
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

calpoke25 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:58 am Craig Bohl in road P5 games:

14-48
14-56
14-31
17-52
3-24
13-40

Just from a gambling perspective, this is the game you could bet your entire bankroll on. Not only are we horrible against P5 teams on the road, we are horrible in road openers as well. The offense usually looks like they are just getting together on the field for the first time ever. We'll see some false starts, man in motion penalties, and the inevitable timeout or delay of game penalty. Bohl will stomp around on the sideline and then we'll settle down and start our usual 3 and outs until the game is out of reach. Good times!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:12 pm The depth chart was released...

At QB for Wyoming: TBA
At Punter for Wyoming: TBA

I'm confident that Illinois knows Peasley will be starting and I doubt Illinois really cares who we have at QB or punter. This is beyond stupid.
I can see the QB TBA because Illinois is pulling that poop on us, but punter TBA? Why

And Sebastian Harsh is out, which is not good. Very, very bad as he is supposed to be our best DE from a team that lost arguably its top four DEs from last year.
wypoke
Buckaroo

Illinois 34, WYO 17
Same Bohl offense R squared x P squared (Run, Run, Pass, Punt).
Tough day for the POKES...typical day for Bohl.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:31 pm
calpoke25 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:58 am Craig Bohl in road P5 games:

14-48
14-56
14-31
17-52
3-24
13-40

Just from a gambling perspective, this is the game you could bet your entire bankroll on. Not only are we horrible against P5 teams on the road, we are horrible in road openers as well. The offense usually looks like they are just getting together on the field for the first time ever. We'll see some false starts, man in motion penalties, and the inevitable timeout or delay of game penalty. Bohl will stomp around on the sideline and then we'll settle down and start our usual 3 and outs until the game is out of reach. Good times!
I already did….Ok not everything but quite a bit. Now it’s up to -11.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

35-10. Not saying who wins the game.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Sebastian Harsh won’t play either due to injury.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Pokes get rolled 41-9
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.