Anybody on here headed to Hawaii

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Just curious if anyone or know of anyone headed to Hawaii??? Probably on the way or there already!! Have fun if so!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 235 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:08 pm Just curious if anyone or know of anyone headed to Hawaii??? Probably on the way or there already!! Have fun if so!!
I agree have fun to those going to the game!

I so wish I was retired and could easily take trips to
Hawaii whenever the Pokes were there. Unfortunately, I’m looking at another 20 years of work most likely.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

This will be the first game in Hawaii I will not be attending in quite a while. With their current stadium situation I wasn't sure if this game would even be played in Hawaii or because it's played in a HS stadium, is there enough available tickets/seating?
I'm good for 3!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 46 times

Cornpoke wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:53 am This will be the first game in Hawaii I will not be attending in quite a while. With their current stadium situation I wasn't sure if this game would even be played in Hawaii or because it's played in a HS stadium, is there enough available tickets/seating?
The seating cap at the complex there is just over 9,000. High school level stadium is correct.

Hawaii is trying to get another Aloha Stadium built but politics there has been a royal pain in the ass. I visit Sports Hawaii (& made some great friends there) and the "locals" are a wee bit pissed off at the governor for the mess. From what I've read, the date this new stadium is supposed to ready is 2027. To be honest, I have a better shot of being in a orgy with adult tv stars than that stadium getting built by 2027!!!! :roll:

I could be wrong on when the new Aloha Stadium would built by.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:16 am
Cornpoke wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:53 am This will be the first game in Hawaii I will not be attending in quite a while. With their current stadium situation I wasn't sure if this game would even be played in Hawaii or because it's played in a HS stadium, is there enough available tickets/seating?
The seating cap at the complex there is just over 9,000. High school level stadium is correct.

Hawaii is trying to get another Aloha Stadium built but politics there has been a royal pain in the A$$. I visit Sports Hawaii (& made some great friends there) and the "locals" are a wee bit pissed off at the governor for the mess. From what I've read, the date this new stadium is supposed to ready is 2027. To be honest, I have a better shot of being in a orgy with adult tv stars than that stadium getting built by 2027!!!! :roll:

So at 9,000 available tickets is the visiting team even getting a small allotment of tickets to sell? 2027 seems like an awfully long timeline to get a new stadium built. That should be unacceptable to the UH administration and football program. Program killer IMO. Hawaii was always able to attract some high quality OOC opponents due to being able to play in... Hawaii. Seems like the local government could have planned way ahead knowing how bad of shape Aloha stadium had become.
I'm good for 3!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Cornpoke wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:45 am
Wyokie wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:16 am

Hawaii is trying to get another Aloha Stadium built but politics there has been a royal pain in the A$$. I visit Sports Hawaii (& made some great friends there) and the "locals" are a wee bit pissed off at the governor for the mess. From what I've read, the date this new stadium is supposed to ready is 2027. To be honest, I have a better shot of being in a orgy with adult tv stars than that stadium getting built by 2027!!!! :roll:

So at 9,000 available tickets is the visiting team even getting a small allotment of tickets to sell? 2027 seems like an awfully long timeline to get a new stadium built. That should be unacceptable to the UH administration and football program. Program killer IMO. Hawaii was always able to attract some high quality OOC opponents due to being able to play in... Hawaii. Seems like the local government could have planned way ahead knowing how bad of shape Aloha stadium had become.
Yeah, you would think that (the bolded part). But....life in Hawaii, politics included, goes much slower than it does on the mainland. I seriously Hawaii's govt. will even have the $$$ to pay for the new one. The cost of building a new stadium as of now will sky-rocket due by 2027 due to inflation and cost of shipping everything to the islands from the mainland.

The govt. there really dropped the ball by sitting on their thumbs waiting until they were told by actual building inspectors told them that Aloha Stadium had to be condemned and demolished asap without even having a backup plan in place for a new stadium just in case. :roll:

I'm sure I got some facts wrong but you all got the idea. Hell, I probably got the 2027 date wrong.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 151 times

Wyokie wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:03 pm
Cornpoke wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:45 am

Yeah, you would think that (the bolded part). But....life in Hawaii, politics included, goes much slower than it does on the mainland. I seriously Hawaii's govt. will even have the $$$ to pay for the new one. The cost of building a new stadium as of now will sky-rocket due by 2027 due to inflation and cost of shipping everything to the islands from the mainland.

The govt. there really dropped the ball by sitting on their thumbs waiting until they were told by actual building inspectors told them that Aloha Stadium had to be condemned and demolished asap without even having a backup plan in place for a new stadium just in case. :roll:

I'm sure I got some facts wrong but you all got the idea. Hell, I probably got the 2027 date wrong.
Inept government you say? I wonder why that could be? I'm going out on a limb and saying that they like voting for people with D next to their name.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

laxwyo wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:41 am
Wyokie wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:03 pm

Inept government you say? I wonder why that could be? I'm going out on a limb and saying that they like voting for people with D next to their name.
BINGO!!!!!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Like most things, too many chiefs...
I will say the only thing I liked about the old stadium was the Swap Meet in the parking lot.

https://www.civilbeat.org/2022/09/hawai ... -possible/
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

CowboyNV wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:50 am Like most things, too many chiefs...
I will say the only thing I liked about the old stadium was the Swap Meet in the parking lot.

I liked that they actually had seats vs bench seating. Felt very comfortable. I almost ended up in a fight at the swap meet though.

I really wish they would upgrade the seating in the war, but it probably can't be done without tearing it down.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

It was all the same stuff every 3-4 tents. We completed the circle and left.
I'm good for 3!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 242 times

Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:38 am

I liked that they actually had seats vs bench seating. Felt very comfortable. I almost ended up in a fight at the swap meet though.

I really wish they would upgrade the seating in the war, but it probably can't be done without tearing it down.
The War is undergoing a remodel soon and I hear the lower west side is getting chair backs (as well as premium urinals). The number of seats on the west side is going to be reduced, so there's probably going to be a lot of pissed off people when they get pushed out of their seats.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I'm hearing even if they do build a good size stadium the NFL probably has no desire to go back for Pro Bowl purposes, especially when those festivities are b4 the Super Bowl.....i guess for those that got to go ohhhhh the memories