10/7 vs. Fresno State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

toadlife wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:20 pm Hello all,

Fresno State fan here. I think this will be a very tough test for the Bulldogs. I don't know about the Bulldogs being "red hot". Ther defense has been outstanding, while the offense has been very inconsistent. Looking forward to the game!
Well Wyoming wrote the book on inconsistent offense. Or nonexistent offense. Six of one, really.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

307bball wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:54 am
seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:38 am Wyoming this year plays to the level of their competition. This is Bohls best team since he has been here in my opinion. The defense overall is by far the best. The defense was off last week for some reason. Should be ready this week.

Fresno doesn’t worry me at all. At home Wyoming should win this game. This will probably be Wyomings 3rd toughest game of the year so far at this point. Texas is FAR better than Fresno is and Texas Tech is still better than Fresno in my opinion. Think Fresno is more like Appalachian St. Appalachian St didn’t score an offensive TD against us. Like I said when that game happened it was closer than it should have been because Wyoming was not as up for it because they played Texas the week before and threw everything they had at it, tough to get up again the week after a game like that.

Texas Tech didn’t score an offensive TD against us from the 2nd qtr. until the end of regulation. They got their first 10 points because the offense turned the ball over deep in our own territory.

Texas only had 10 points against us starting the 4th qtr. before they broke a long run and then got a pick six.

So all I can think is that the Wyoming defense was flat last week against a team like New Mexico who we should usually handle better than we did. The defense should be ready this week. I also think the Wyoming offense was flat against App St because we had to play Texas the week before. Don’t think they will be flat at all this week.

My point to all of this is …..
As long as the offense doesn’t turn the ball over deep in our own territory like we did to start the game against Texas Tech, I think Fresno will have a tough time getting into the end zone against us the whole game.

They will have to at best settle for FG’s like App St. did. Think Wyomings offense will be a lot better this game than they were against App St. If Wyoming can control the clock and run on Texas in Austin they can easily do that to Fresno playing in Laramie. That scoreless streak will get broken early in the game and think Wyoming wins this game easier than most do. Wyoming has extra motivation for this game.

Think Wyoming will have a lot tougher time next weekend down at AFA.
They play the game on Saturday so I guess we will see if I know what I’m talking about or not with this one.
This is all legitimate reasons to be optimistic as a cowboys fan.... Or have concern as a Fresno fan.

I believe that there are a ton of things that should worry pokes fans as well. I'm taking an extremely cautious optimism into this game. I really don't have a good feel for this one.
Wyomings defense has been so stout This year against some really great offenses that I think they kind of took a week off last week because they knew we should probably beat UNM without them having to perform their best. They knew we had Fresno and AFA coming up so no breaks in those two games so UNM was a game to let the defense kind of relax a bit.

Just my opinion but I think it’s legit. If Wyomings defense does perform like they did against UNM last week in this weeks game the yeah Wyoming should be concerned. I don’t think they will perform like that though. The offense didn’t have to play super hard last week either against a subpar UNM team, so I expect them to be closer to what they were in the 2nd half against Texas Tech and most of the game against Texas. The problem for Fresno is the offense does play like that is that Fresnos defense isn’t Texas in Austin.
Fresno is getting hyped up a bit just because they are ranked #24. The only reason they got that ranking is because they beat two P5 teams that are both way down this year.
I’m not saying Fresno will be a cake walk by any means and I do think they are a good team , I just feel like at home if Wyoming plays like they did against Texas or the 2nd half of the Texas Tech game that the game won’t be as close a lot of people think. Think Wyoming can win by 10 points or two scores.

Doesn’t matter what I say though, they will play and what will happen will happen.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

We want to contend for the conference title, this is an example of a game that we have to have. Fresno didn't look all that great last week against Nevada - I don't know if that speaks a lot to Nevada for turning up their game or Fresno just had an off day.

The lights will shine bright later this afternoon. Nothing bigger than today. I feel like we have a shot, but can't afford to shoot ourselves in the foot. Let's see how Bohl responds.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

First step is to score a TD against them. Then we can talk about winning.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:18 pm First step is to score a TD against them. Then we can talk about winning.
Or score a single point.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

To be the #1 team in the MWC, we have to beat the #1 team in the MWC and Fresno is the #1 team in the MWC right now. Go get em Pokes.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Here we go with the clowns 🤡 for officials. What BS.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:18 pm First step is to score a TD against them. Then we can talk about winning.
We did and the crappy MW officials took it away!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Great start. Keep this up
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Offense has looked good. Peasley has looked sharp so far.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Oh, and the D!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Obvious pick on that long pass
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Oh, and Waylee!!!!!!!!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand

Surprised to see us up... I hope we keep it up! Peasley looks good.

On a side note, these announcers SUCK. They are completely biased against us with their snide remarks....
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand

TD! 17-7 WYOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times

Best half all year!
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

Great half!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Stay on the accelerator!
W-Y, Until I Die!
toadlife
Buckaroo

seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:38 am Wyoming this year plays to the level of their competition. This is Bohls best team since he has been here in my opinion. The defense overall is by far the best. The defense was off last week for some reason. Should be ready this week.

Fresno doesn’t worry me at all. At home Wyoming should win this game. This will probably be Wyomings 3rd toughest game of the year so far at this point.
Nostradamus here!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Great half. Gameplan fantastic so far and Peas playing well. I'm biased but I thought the fresno pick play was pretty close to being able to throw a flag.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.