Linemakers still disrespecting us: +5 at Boise st.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I'm amazed. I actually thought we would be the favorite - maybe by a point or 2. This line is purely based on Boise state's reputation of years gone by. We've covered every time as an underdog this year.
If we don't win this game, then we aren't as good as I thought we were.
This is a really mediocre Boise st. team. Boise state has beaten North Dakota and has won close games vs. San diego st. and San jose state. That's it. They've given up lots of points and lots of yardage against everyone. It's time Craig Bohl got a big road win.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:19 pm I'm amazed. I actually thought we would be the favorite - maybe by a point or 2. This line is purely based on Boise state's reputation of years gone by. We've covered every time as an underdog this year.
This is a really mediocre Boise st. team. Boise state has beaten North Dakota and has won close games vs. San diego st. and San jose state. That's it. They've given up lots of points and lots of yardage against everyone. It's time Craig Bohl got a big road win.
The line for the AFA surprised me more. Every game with the zoomies is close...not so much with BSU. My impression is that Bohl is a bad road coach. Our road performances are spotty at best. This year we have won all of our home games and lost our road games. Both BSU and WYO probably view this as a crossroads type game. This is not the Boise State of yesteryear that was dominating the MWC. This Wyoming team seems to do a lot of things about average or slightly above. As long as we don't have another horrendous special teams outing I like our chances....but if BSU has just been snakebit and this game is a "get-right" game for them....well, that's not out of the realm of possibility.

For the second game in a row I don't have a great feeling for the outcome. As a fan I felt confident about both UNM and Fresno but didn't really for AFA and now having the same feeling for BSU.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

307bball wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:24 am
bladerunnr wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:19 pm I'm amazed. I actually thought we would be the favorite - maybe by a point or 2. This line is purely based on Boise state's reputation of years gone by. We've covered every time as an underdog this year.
The line for the AFA surprised me more. Every game with the zoomies is close...not so much with BSU. My impression is that Bohl is a bad road coach. Our road performances are spotty at best. This year we have won all of our home games and lost our road games. Both BSU and WYO probably view this as a crossroads type game. This is not the Boise State of yesteryear that was dominating the MWC. This Wyoming team seems to do a lot of things about average or slightly above. As long as we don't have another horrendous special teams outing I like our chances....but if BSU has just been snakebit and this game is a "get-right" game for them....well, that's not out of the realm of possibility.

For the second game in a row I don't have a great feeling for the outcome. As a fan I felt confident about both UNM and Fresno but didn't really for AFA and now having the same feeling for BSU.
The road track record is really ugly. Bohl is 11-23 in Mountain West road games. 4 wins with Josh Allen. Even if you want to throw out the COVID year, he is 10-20 in those games.

Exactly 1 of those wins was against a team that finished with a winning record: Utah State in 2021. USU 2017 and CSU 2016 both finished 6-6.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

We have beaten Boise once and never in Boise and we never play well after a bye. I’m actually surprised it’s not higher.
Last edited by LawPoke on Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 239 times

It seems high to me too I was thinking Boise -1, but whatever. Time to finally win on that stupid azz blue carpet.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I originally posted that the line against Air Force was wild and made no sense. That bore out with the AF game result. This line is about where I would put it (maybe closer to +3.5 or +4). Boise is a tough place to play and they have some really talented players but not a great team. We need to play mistake free football to win.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I guess I'm thinking (hoping) this year is a better team. Last year was the 1st time we had a winning conference record other than the 2 Josh Allen years. When a team is mediocre, they don't usually beat winning teams on the road.
Having said that, this is not a winning Boise st. team. This is a team that lost to subpar csewe team for the first time in it's history. It's year 10 for Bohl. We have our best offensive football team since 2016. I guess we'll find out. But I'm putting my money on us to win. And if we do, we have a pretty good path to play for the conference championship.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

I have little concern if the offense can show up the second half ( again I blame the coaches for the lack of 2nd half production) The Pokes win.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Just find a way for once...pleeeeease
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Hard to call, I wouldn't touch this game. My pick of the week. UNM Money line over UNR
I'm good for 3!