Fire Bohl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 239 times

I’m done. Let someone else try
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

The team and coaches absolutely folded. What do we pay this guy and his staff for? Disgusting
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

I’m not positive but he might only have yr left or it’s last year. We have some decent coaches on the staff. Doesn’t Gordie Haug recruit pretty well? Offensive side could get canned with any change. I actually like our running attack. Whatever our passing scheme is just doesn’t work. Iowa doesn’t score either so I’d definitely move away from that. Hell, Bohl could probably find someone to fix it if he’d allow his ego to handle it. Grant being passing coordinator isn’t it.
W-Y, Until I Die!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

He's had 10 years. It's not going to happen. Next year will be a rebuilding year. I appreciate the stability Bohl has brought to the program. The ceiling is 7 wins. I'm willing to risk getting bad to get to the next level. Maybe it won't even matter if the MW goes away. He's not a big game coach.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

I don’t see a win against the ewes/ goat U
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Man... Don't know how it gets better. Are we really just a coach away from being conference champs?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:57 pm Man... Don't know how it gets better. Are we really just a coach away from being conference champs?
What’s the point in not trying? He’s old and he’s had ten years. It’s time. And i don’t buy this is the best we can be. Bohl is the opposite of an offensive savant. He’s stuck in the past. I literally think I could engineer an offense as good. Any coach in America could do better on the offensive side of the ball.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:45 pm He's had 10 years. It's not going to happen. Next year will be a rebuilding year. I appreciate the stability Bohl has brought to the program. The ceiling is 7 wins. I'm willing to risk getting bad to get to the next level. Maybe it won't even matter if the MW goes away. He's not a big game coach.
Agree. I am usually pretty optimistic, but this is all he'll ever deliver. Too predictable, makes no adjustments, while our opponents do. As stupid as Christensen was, and he was stupid, if things weren't working, at least he'd switch up the personnel. Peasley had all the time in the world in the pocket, and we couldn't complete passes. Is it our QB, then replace him. Is it the receivers replace them. Unfortunately, I believe it's more to do with coaching and play calling and not the players. Losing to Boise when they're good sucks but getting blown out by them when they are very average is too hard to watch. This was the low point of the season. Luckily we have the Broncos to cheer for :D
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

When is his contract up?
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

Hey, chins up, the Tater Bowl is still within reach. Or the embarrassing Barstool Bowl.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

LawPoke wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:16 pm Hey, chins up, the Tater Bowl is still within reach. Or the embarrassing Barstool Bowl.
or, no Bowl
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Fire him ... Or not. Not seeing Wyoming be a conference champ with or without Bohl.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

307bball wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:50 pm Fire him ... Or not. Not seeing Wyoming be a conference champ with or without Bohl.
and the sad thing is this is a pretty mature team. IMO the defense could be much better if they weren’t in the field 42 of 60 mins, something like that.

It all comes down to a really baaad offense.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:29 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:50 pm Fire him ... Or not. Not seeing Wyoming be a conference champ with or without Bohl.
and the sad thing is this is a pretty mature team. IMO the defense could be much better if they weren’t in the field 42 of 60 mins, something like that.

The defense was terrible today too. But why Mike Grant still had a job is beyond me.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

If there is an argument that Bohl is better than Glenn, I'm not sure I belive it.

WYO football is probably a fool's errand. Is what it is I guess.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I kept saying at the beginning (the year#10) I didn't know what to think about this team, haven't been to any games, watched early on, then started drinking some of the kool aid amd went to the 1st half of the NM game. I thought that maybe, finally the luck was on our side(for a change) and maybe in Year 10 this was the year that things would go UW's way(and man was it overdue)....BUT...we see bad playcalling in the 4th qtr against AF and have some fg luck go against us.....i tried to stay optimistic going into a bye week, we get somewhat healthy and maybe have a chance to win for the 1st time @ Smurf turf....Then i turn on the 2nd half and hear from many counterparts saying we played a good 1st half. W.T.F. happened and why yet again? What did the coaches study for, what game plan(or lack thereof, like always). Lets say it was truly PATHETIC and i stopped watching yet again. The last 4 are NOT walks in the park as we have a tendency to play down to the competition....why....why....after 10 years it's still truly obvious the "D1" level is too much for Bohl, 57-59...nope its just not in the cards. I'm soooo glad he has 1 more year on his contract, (no extensions needed) lets let him ride off into the sunset, as FCS is what this coach knows, unfortunately and we can't get over the hump in the MWC....nope Bohl thoughts of how a power running game like Nebraska used to be doesnt work at little ol Wyo either. The transfer portal isnt our friend the adjustments dont work there and the run, run, pass, punt is just too predictable and we aren't meant to get past 7-5 and play for "better" bowls. 2024 I'm ready to send Coach Bohl off into the proverbial sunset and thanks for "some" memories but not enough in terms of conference championships(like i expect over the course of time). And maybe you can take Mr Burman with you, and we UW fans can evolve and adapt to youthful coaches that will try to get kids in Laramie that wanna learn and win conference championships not just "make a Bohl"
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Craig Bohl joked that he will have a "Pendleton Whisky" after his Cowboys laid an egg in a 32-7 rout at the hands of Boise State Saturday afternoon inside Albertsons Stadium.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

LawPoke wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:34 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:29 pm

The defense was terrible today too. But why Mike Grant still had a job is beyond me.
I don’t know, when the D is on the field 75% of the game what do you expect. Yeah, they may be bad - or they’re gassed.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:40 pm I kept saying at the beginning (the year#10) I didn't know what to think about this team, haven't been to any games, watched early on, then started drinking some of the kool aid amd went to the 1st half of the NM game. I thought that maybe, finally the luck was on our side(for a change) and maybe in Year 10 this was the year that things would go UW's way(and man was it overdue)....BUT...we see bad playcalling in the 4th qtr against AF and have some fg luck go against us.....i tried to stay optimistic going into a bye week, we get somewhat healthy and maybe have a chance to win for the 1st time @ Smurf turf....Then i turn on the 2nd half and hear from many counterparts saying we played a good 1st half. W.T.F. happened and why yet again? What did the coaches study for, what game plan(or lack thereof, like always). Lets say it was truly PATHETIC and i stopped watching yet again. The last 4 are NOT walks in the park as we have a tendency to play down to the competition....why....why....after 10 years it's still truly obvious the "D1" level is too much for Bohl, 57-59...nope its just not in the cards. I'm soooo glad he has 1 more year on his contract, (no extensions needed) lets let him ride off into the sunset, as FCS is what this coach knows, unfortunately and we can't get over the hump in the MWC....nope Bohl thoughts of how a power running game like Nebraska used to be doesnt work at little ol Wyo either. The transfer portal isnt our friend the adjustments dont work there and the run, run, pass, punt is just too predictable and we aren't meant to get past 7-5 and play for "better" bowls. 2024 I'm ready to send Coach Bohl off into the proverbial sunset and thanks for "some" memories but not enough in terms of conference championships(like i expect over the course of time). And maybe you can take Mr Burman with you, and we UW fans can evolve and adapt to youthful coaches that will try to get kids in Laramie that wanna learn and win conference championships not just "make a Bohl"
Yeah... Your experience mirrors my own.....I just don't don't understand why anybody thinks it gets better though. Everybody talks about the"ceiling" for Bohl.... I'm not so sure that is not just the Wyoming ceiling. Up and coming youthful coach? Sure... I'm all for it in theory. Not holding my breath.

Bohl is not the only thing that major college football has left behind...I think the Wyoming program has been left behind.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:56 pm
LawPoke wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:34 pm

I don’t know, when the D is on the field 75% of the game what do you expect. Yeah, they may be bad - or they’re gassed.
Both? Why not both.