UNLV game thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:54 am If Peas doesn't throw the pick, I wonder if 2nd half would have been different?

I don't think so but maybe. Looked to me like Vegas' coach took a half to figure out Bohl.
I wondered the same thing. But objectively, UNLV looked like the faster team. And for whatever reason, we have not been able to run the ball effectively for several games now.
We have no chance if we have to rely on Peasley through the air. But for the life of me, I will never understand why we kicked a fg down 14-28. A fg there changes nothing. I hate to admit I bet against us but I did. When this board (which is usually optimistic) overwhelmingly thought we'd probably lose, and big, I finally realized that we've got a horrible history under Bohl in big games. And the first quarter showed just how not ready to play we were.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:54 am If Peas doesn't throw the pick, I wonder if 2nd half would have been different?

I don't think so but maybe. Looked to me like Vegas' coach took a half to figure out Bohl.
Or if we don’t spot them 21 points
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

I am still wondering why Waylee was benched to start the game.. The interception at the end of the first half and the choice to try a 52 yard field goal were the most critical plays. The kind of plays that lose games.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:17 am

Or if we don’t spot them 21 points
Agreed
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

Sadly, UNLV was clearly the better team. This is one of Wyoming’s better teams of the last decade, and we are still just a mid tier team in a mediocre MWC.
ReecesRiver
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

We have had one sack (Gibbs in CSU game) since the Fresno game. That is pathetic, and it seems our O-line has leaks everywhere I'm not sure what happened there. No doubt not being able to correctly snap the ball 4 times derailed progress as well.

In 3Q after Tyrecus Davis cramped up, the safety Ekeler was man coverage with Ricky White the best WR in the MW for two critical 3rd down conversions. Bohl blamed this loss on his players but how is putting a safety in man coverage a winning formula. How is Ekeler supposed to win that matchup. It was mind boggling soon as that match up was exploited we didn't call a TO. And then to end the game with 3 T.O's on the board. Combined with the FG attempt from Red Shoes who has unfortunately become a liability this is not all on players and Bohl needs to look in the mirror.