The ewes

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

I shut the game off after they went up by 11 with minute something to go so I could change the bearing on the ole lady’s car. Cant believe I missed the greatest ending ever
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Great OT and as always (and sing with me) it sucks to be A CSU Ram...oh yeah
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

It still sux to be a CSewe ewe!

Way to go Pokes!!!! Way to hang in there! What a win!! Showed a lot of heart.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Not great for the conference, but should knock the ewes down a peg or few.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

That was awesome! I almost headed to the garage to chain smoke all pissed off. I would’ve missed the miracle comeback. I’ve never seen anything like that.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

bullbugle307 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:46 pm That was awesome! I almost headed to the garage to chain smoke all pissed off. I would’ve missed the miracle comeback. I’ve never seen anything like that.
When you think they came back from being down 9 with about a min left, get 2 rebounds off FTs and Walter’s scores with 1.8 seconds. That’s really unbelievable. I’m still kind of in shock.
Last edited by Itsux2beaewe on Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Never underestimate the ability of the sheep to f it up. I was very happy we were able to take advantage of it. Proud of our guys not to give up when it really looked over. Then, in the overtime, we had to come from behind again. Just amazing guard play down the stretch.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:57 pm So if a players name is Cartier a travel is allowed I guess. Must be a new rule this year. We need to recruit kids names Cartier.
Just "watch" Cartier... :rofl:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Unbelievable!
ReecesRiver
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

That was awesome. BIG SHOT KOT
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

I really liked the play Linder drew up at the end of regulation to get it into OT. He put Wenzel in one corner and ran Kot into the other, which left the middle of the court wide open. That lob pass from Griffin to Walters was not an easy pass, but Griffin did a great job with it. Walters has fantastic control of his body. Just goes to show that you don't have to be the tallest or biggest guy on the court to be a great low post scorer.

It wasn't but just 5 years ago when all the basketball guys were saying the traditional low post basketball player was a thing of the past. That player/position seems to be making a come back in the last few years.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 239 times

Great job Pokes!!! Screw the sheep
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

For all the stuff Linder has endured, he deserves a lot of credit for the win yesterday.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

I rarely if ever read opposing teams message boards, but RamNation was a treat today. Full blown meltdown over the TO near the out of bounds. I don’t know if that was a good call or not, don’t really care. But it’s awful funny they’re so worked up about one call when Cartier clearly traveled not long before that, and I think they got a basket off that no call.

Hunter S. Thompson
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

Oh, and which ever Wyoming fan was posting on there last night and today, well done!

Hunter S. Thompson
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Linder is pulling a rabbit out of his hat in conference play. Got to make hay this season … and enjoy it, because we’re basically back to square one next year. colorado state is too. They are senior laden as well
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

bullbugle307 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:27 pm I rarely if ever read opposing teams message boards, but RamNation was a treat today. Full blown meltdown over the TO near the out of bounds. I don’t know if that was a good call or not, don’t really care. But it’s awful funny they’re so worked up about one call when Cartier clearly traveled not long before that, and I think they got a basket off that no call.
I read their ewenation board often. The most arrogant, delusional fans maybe ever. Yes. Their belief is how could they lose to the lowly Pokes. It had to be officiating. BS….. I would have to say there were some bad calls - both ways. That part evened out. They got beat. And……..boot.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:10 pm
bullbugle307 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:27 pm I rarely if ever read opposing teams message boards, but RamNation was a treat today. Full blown meltdown over the TO near the out of bounds. I don’t know if that was a good call or not, don’t really care. But it’s awful funny they’re so worked up about one call when Cartier clearly traveled not long before that, and I think they got a basket off that no call.
I read their ewenation board often. The most arrogant, delusional fans maybe ever. Yes. Their belief is how could they lose to the lowly Pokes. It had to be officiating. BS….. I would have to say there were some bad calls - both ways. That part evened out. They got beat. And……..boot.
Got to hand it to Linder, he really is a good coach. This Wyoming team is not as talented as most of the conference but they play hard, smart and are fun to watch.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:37 pm Linder is pulling a rabbit out of his hat in conference play. Got to make hay this season … and enjoy it, because we’re basically back to square one next year. colorado state is too. They are senior laden as well
We are starting to see the value in Linder. I still believe in him, and his coaching performance. On that note - f-word Ike and the band of transfer kitty from 2023. :thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:46 am
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:37 pm Linder is pulling a rabbit out of his hat in conference play. Got to make hay this season … and enjoy it, because we’re basically back to square one next year. colorado state is too. They are senior laden as well
We are starting to see the value in Linder. I still believe in him, and his coaching performance. On that note - f-word Ike and the band of transfer kitty from 2023. :thumb:
That debacle set us back 3-4 years