@Nevada

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Don’t have CBS sports at the hotel I’m at. Probably a good thing with the start. Ugh…..

But, #1 UConn was upset, by almost 20. Wow

And it still sux to be a ewe.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

How’s the officiating so far? If true to form…..they suck.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

Officiating is not our problem. Playing crappy basketball and effort are our problems. The more we amplify our gripes about the refs, it almost feels like we are playing into the victim culture Jeff has cooking in Laramie.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

10 turnovers in the first half and 12% (1 for 8) 3-pt shooting killed us. The other is the frequent occurrence of multiple minute scoring droughts. Nevada shot 48% over the game, which shows a lack of defensive pressure. Defense wins championships.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

LawPoke wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:59 am Officiating is not our problem. Playing crappy basketball and effort are our problems. The more we amplify our gripes about the refs, it almost feels like we are playing into the victim culture Jeff has cooking in Laramie.
Effort wasn't an issue. Execution was. People who call out the effort of this team either don't know what they're talking about or have an agenda they're trying to push.

I've never seen a Linder or Craig Bohl team quit. That did happen with Christensen and Edwards. And Glenn a few times. Definitely happened with Schroyer.

I agree with you that officiating wasn't the reason we lost. Shooting 41% and 26% were the biggest reasons. Not being able to slow down Coleman and Lucas were the others. The way the game was officiated did contribute.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Too many TOs! When you don't even get a shot up on a lot of possessions it's hard to win
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

flyfishwyo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:53 am
LawPoke wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:59 am Officiating is not our problem. Playing crappy basketball and effort are our problems. The more we amplify our gripes about the refs, it almost feels like we are playing into the victim culture Jeff has cooking in Laramie.
Effort wasn't an issue. Execution was. People who call out the effort of this team either don't know what they're talking about or have an agenda they're trying to push.

I've never seen a Linder or Craig Bohl team quit. That did happen with Christensen and Edwards. And Glenn a few times. Definitely happened with Schroyer.

I agree with you that officiating wasn't the reason we lost. Shooting 41% and 26% were the biggest reasons. Not being able to slow down Coleman and Lucas were the others. The way the game was officiated did contribute.
Respectfully, a lack of effort and painfully inept execution were and are issues. You can disagree, but effort - at least to me - means you work your tail off (in practice and in games) to correct our turnover issues. They clearly have not. Effort is directly tied to our inability to get stops on defense. Shyatt's teams were largely inept on offense, but their effort and focus on the defensive end were second to none. Effort is not putting up garbage shots and is, instead, moving and cutting relentlessly to get to the hoop when the 3-ball isn't falling. Again, in my opinion, we are lazy and complacent on offense and it is reflected in our shooting percentages.

And I actually appreciate the officiating. This is what NCAA tourney referees look like. Refs do MW teams no favors when they call games in the regular season differently than the tourney - which they have historically done. As for the NV game, a nearly 20 point loss is not tied to officiating. A five point loss - maybe. But 20? Nah.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Whoa whoa whoa, I wasn’t watching the game. It was a question.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:06 pm
Whoa whoa whoa, I wasn’t watching the game. It was a question.
I misread your post. Sorry. I am just sick of hearing excuses for our crummy performances. I guess I had best get used to it because Linder sure as hell isn't going to ACTUALLY accept responsibility for where we sit. He will talk about it, but won't actually do it. It was Kot (for which he apologized, admittedly), then it was the refs, then it was the fans...when we get boatraced in Fort Collins, it will be the color of Medved's underwear or some other stupid deflection.