Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Freshmen and Redshirt Freshmen
Levi Brown - G - RFr. - 6' - 167 lbs.
Nigle Cook - G - RFr. - 6'6" - 176 lbs.
Oliver Faubert - F - Fr. - 6'9" - 205 lbs.
Dominic Pangonis - G - Fr. - 6'5" - 180 lbs.
̶J̶o̶n̶a̶s̶ ̶S̶i̶r̶t̶a̶u̶t̶a̶s̶ ̶-̶ ̶F̶ ̶-̶ ̶R̶F̶r̶.̶ ̶-̶ ̶6̶'̶1̶0̶"̶ ̶-̶ ̶1̶8̶5̶ ̶l̶b̶s̶.̶
Jehvion Starwood - G - Fr. - 6'3" - 180 lbs.
Dylan Warlick - F - Fr. - 6'5" - 180 lbs.

Sophomores
̶K̶a̶e̶l̶ ̶C̶o̶m̶b̶s̶ ̶-̶ ̶G̶ ̶-̶ ̶S̶o̶.̶ ̶-̶ ̶6̶'̶4̶"̶ ̶-̶ ̶1̶9̶0̶ ̶l̶b̶s̶.̶
̶C̶a̶m̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶y̶a̶w̶u̶ ̶-̶ ̶F̶ ̶-̶ ̶S̶o̶.̶ ̶-̶ ̶6̶'̶9̶"̶ ̶-̶ ̶2̶2̶8̶ ̶l̶b̶s̶.̶
̶J̶a̶c̶o̶b̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶o̶d̶o̶s̶i̶o̶u̶ ̶-̶ ̶G̶ ̶-̶ ̶S̶o̶.̶ ̶-̶ ̶6̶'̶4̶"̶ ̶-̶ ̶1̶8̶8̶ ̶l̶b̶s̶.

Juniors
Matija Belic - F - 6'7" - 205 lbs.
Oleg Kojenets - F - Jr. - 7' - 228 lbs.
̶C̶a̶d̶e̶n̶ ̶P̶o̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶-̶ ̶F̶ ̶-̶ ̶J̶r̶.̶ ̶-̶ ̶6̶'̶1̶0̶"̶ ̶-̶ ̶2̶2̶0̶ ̶l̶b̶s̶.̶
Cort Roberson - G - Jr. - 6' - 160 lbs.

Seniors and Graduates
Obi Agbim - G - Gr. - 6'3" - 180 lbs.
Tyler Ihenacho - G - Sr. - 6'4" - 195 lbs.
Kobe Newton - G - Sr. - 6'2" - 178 lbs.
̶B̶r̶e̶n̶d̶a̶n̶ ̶W̶e̶n̶z̶e̶l̶ ̶-̶ ̶G̶ ̶-̶ ̶G̶r̶.̶ ̶-̶ ̶6̶'̶7̶"̶ ̶-̶ ̶2̶0̶8̶ ̶l̶b̶s̶.̶
Touko Tainamo - Sr. - 6'9" - 220 lbs.

I honestly don't believe we have anyone that transfers this year for being good. We may have someone like Roberson or Brown transfer because they want to play, but that's all I can see happening. I could see Wenzel leaving, but not as a transfer.

Starting lineup best guess (as of 4/26):

Agbim
Ihenacho
Newton
Tainamo
Kojenets
Last edited by WYO1016 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:26 pm, edited 13 times in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Wenzel and Manyawu will find landing spots. The rest, I agree.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

They’re going to be horrific next year. Just horrific.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:29 pm Wenzel and Manyawu will find landing spots. The rest, I agree.
I get being gun shy over transfers after last season, but Manyawu still needs a LOT of work. I'm inclined to believe he'll stay.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:31 pm They’re going to be horrific next year. Just horrific.
To follow a buttstain 2022-2023 campaign and craptastic 2023-2024 season. I never thought that I would see a coach do more damage than Edwards, but I fear we may be there. Napoleon has met his Waterloo years.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:32 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:29 pm Wenzel and Manyawu will find landing spots. The rest, I agree.
I get being gun shy over transfers after last season, but Manyawu still needs a LOT of work. I'm inclined to believe he'll stay.
With transfer penalty, I’d definitely agree. Today’s portal is risk free. It’d be hard to do worse and he could probably get to a contender
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

Jeebus guys. We were in the tournament 2 years ago! Last year was an unmitigated disaster, mostly due to the worst rash on injuries that has ever happened in college basketball. This year, for all intents and purposes, wasn't bad, considering that we turned over the entire roster. R-E-L-A-X
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:43 pm Jeebus guys. We were in the tournament 2 years ago! Last year was an unmitigated disaster, mostly due to the worst rash on injuries that has ever happened in college basketball. This year, for all intents and purposes, wasn't bad, considering that we turned over the entire roster. R-E-L-A-X
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 66 times

4 years of Linder and 1 MW tournament win. That's Heath Schroyer territory. I can't defend him anymore. I think Powell could have been a productive player. He actually regressed this year. Maybe Linder needs future NBA players for his system to work. Whatever. I don't know and I don't care. This program is at rock bottom and it can burned to the ground. Nothing that comes from the ashes can be any worse than this.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:49 pm 4 years of Linder and 1 MW tournament win. That's Heath Schroyer territory. I can't defend him anymore. I think Powell could have been a productive player. He actually regressed this year. Maybe Linder needs future NBA players for his system to work. Whatever. I don't know and I don't care. This program is at rock bottom and it can burned to the ground. Nothing that comes from the ashes can be any worse than this.
Schroyer had 7 conference wins in his best year. Linder had 8 this season. Allen Edwards won 2 tournament games in a year they went 9-24 overall. Y'all need to take a deep breath and come down off the ceiling.

I'm not saying Linder is it, but I am saying that it's WAY premature to be talking about firing him.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Actually I think Manyawu has a ton of potential- hope he stays. But why would he when you have very little on the team. Not a bright future.
Fez
Buckaroo
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:43 pm Jeebus guys. We were in the tournament 2 years ago! Last year was an unmitigated disaster, mostly due to the worst rash on injuries that has ever happened in college basketball. This year, for all intents and purposes, wasn't bad, considering that we turned over the entire roster. R-E-L-A-X

Utah state turned a roster over as well in case you haven’t heard.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 66 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:54 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:49 pm 4 years of Linder and 1 MW tournament win. That's Heath Schroyer territory. I can't defend him anymore. I think Powell could have been a productive player. He actually regressed this year. Maybe Linder needs future NBA players for his system to work. Whatever. I don't know and I don't care. This program is at rock bottom and it can burned to the ground. Nothing that comes from the ashes can be any worse than this.
Schroyer had 7 conference wins in his best year. Linder had 8 this season. Allen Edwards won 2 tournament games in a year they went 9-24 overall. Y'all need to take a deep breath and come down off the ceiling.

I'm not saying Linder is it, but I am saying that it's WAY premature to be talking about firing him.
We only played 16 conference games under Schroyer. This year, 6 of our 8 conference wins were against Fresno, SJS, and Air Force, which were the 9th, 10th, and 11th place teams in the conference.
So we weren't the worst. Big Whoop.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:11 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:54 pm

We only played 16 conference games under Schroyer. This year, 6 of our 8 conference wins were against Fresno, SJS, and Air Force, which were the 9th, 10th, and 11th place teams in the conference.
So we weren't the worst. Big Whoop.
Fresno - 240 NET
SJSU - 243 NET
Air Force - 269 NET

Did the Schroyer years have 3 teams in the MWC with similar NETs/RPIs? I don't recall the basement being that bad back then.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

So far from 2 years ago. Ike was the injury and he held out because he knew he wasn’t going to be here from the beginning of the season he had no intention of playing. This program is in a bad bad place. We won’t have much to work with again next year. Any talent we do have today will transfer. Wenzel has another year but won’t be back imo. We’ll see a bunch of players Linder brings in with a year of eligibility and we’ll see what we did this year, maybe worse. I just don’t see a lot to be optimistic about.
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

through four seasons as HC, Linder has had one good season (great by Wyoming's standards) and three bad seasons

the way Burman tolerates mediocrity, Linder will be coach for at least another 4-5 years based on that one good season regardless of how much worse it continues to get

this school has become the #1 NCAA athletics department when it comes to playing in third-rate postseason events. Volleyball, Men's Golf, Women's Tennis, the CBA title for MBB, etc.

really tired of being emotionally invested in an athletics department that embraces mediocrity

blows my mind we're at 7,200 feet and the cross country and track programs can't get a good distance program together. It's astonishing how bad we are there despite being better situated than any school not named Northern Arizona

FIRE BURMAN
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I think a couple of the incoming freshmen are supposed to be good. Linder better show a ton next year, or he may be done at Wyoming.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Fez wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:07 pm

Utah state turned a roster over as well in case you haven’t heard.
We heard. Danny Sprinkle should hands down be COY. He returned zero points to his roster, and went 26-5 / 14-4. Miraculous frankly.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

Interesting snippet from Cody Tucker's article on Theodosiou transferring: https://7220sports.com/wyoming-basketba ... er-portal/
Jonas Sirtautas, a 6-foot-10 forward from Lithuania, spent the season with the team in Laramie but was ruled ineligible. According to Linder, he's as "good of an athlete" as he has ever coached.
I assumed that he didn't see the court last season because he was too green and needed a year to redshirt.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:25 am Interesting snippet from Cody Tucker's article on Theodosiou transferring: https://7220sports.com/wyoming-basketba ... er-portal/
Jonas Sirtautas, a 6-foot-10 forward from Lithuania, spent the season with the team in Laramie but was ruled ineligible. According to Linder, he's as "good of an athlete" as he has ever coached.
I assumed that he didn't see the court last season because he was too green and needed a year to redshirt.
Well that's encouraging