Pokes Insider

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

What do you guys think about Ryan Thorburn working at UW as the Pokes Insider? He's a pretty good journalist and I've enjoyed his coverage of the football team. He and Kevin Mckinney do some videos. He gets pretty good access to the team and I've enjoyed the stories he's written so far at gowyo.com. Looks like he might have stopped the Pokescast podcast and started One Wyoming podcast. I enjoyed his podcasts and he does a pretty good job getting them out regularly.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

Seems like he’s doing a lot of good stuff
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:12 pm What do you guys think about Ryan Thorburn working at UW as the Pokes Insider? He's a pretty good journalist and I've enjoyed his coverage of the football team. He and Kevin Mckinney do some videos. He gets pretty good access to the team and I've enjoyed the stories he's written so far at gowyo.com. Looks like he might have stopped the Pokescast podcast and started One Wyoming podcast. I enjoyed his podcasts and he does a pretty good job getting them out regularly.
I -think- the CST owns Pokescast, so it'll probably revive with whomever is Ryan's backfill. I worry about how objective it'll be, if at all. But regardless of that, he'll crank out a lot of quality product.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

The work he does seems good. The problem has always been the work they don't do. Probably not uncommon for small Market teams but WYO media is largely a regurgitation of athletic department talking points. Very little unbiased, hard hitting reporting which greatly helps accountability. One of the many things that facilitates mediocrity.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:58 am The work he does seems good. The problem has always been the work they don't do. Probably not uncommon for small Market teams but WYO media is largely a regurgitation of athletic department talking points. Very little unbiased, hard hitting reporting which greatly helps accountability. One of the many things that facilitates mediocrity.
Totally. Linder would be feeling major heat from the media in most markets.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:47 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:58 am The work he does seems good. The problem has always been the work they don't do. Probably not uncommon for small Market teams but WYO media is largely a regurgitation of athletic department talking points. Very little unbiased, hard hitting reporting which greatly helps accountability. One of the many things that facilitates mediocrity.
Or perhaps inquire why some may perceive that only some demographics get promoted with seemingly unilateral decisions.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:07 pm
laxwyo wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:47 pm

Or perhaps inquire why some may perceive that only some demographics get promoted with seemingly unilateral decisions.
Edwards was promoted in hoops.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:42 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:07 pm

I think there are obvious differences but also realize I'm on an island on this one. Maybe I'm wrong but we have differences in opinion. I think something stinks and everyone else thinks everything is awesome. We've hashed and rehashed so I'll leave it at that
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:35 am
laxwyo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:42 am

I think there are obvious differences but also realize I'm on an island on this one. Maybe I'm wrong but we have differences in opinion. I think something stinks and everyone else thinks everything is awesome. We've hashed and rehashed so I'll leave it at that
Anybody think everything is awesome?...Anybody?
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

307bball wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:06 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:35 am

[/quo
The answer is no. The hiring of Sawvel and the promotion of Aaron Bohl to DC always made me wonder if it was a package deal negotiated by Coach Bohl before he retired. Whether it was smart or not will depend on how well the team performs. I have to admit I like Sawvel so far but just because he has a good personality does not mean he was a good or the best choice.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

doreno5 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:37 pm
307bball wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:06 am

[/quo
The answer is no. The hiring of Sawvel and the promotion of Aaron Bohl to DC always made me wonder if it was a package deal negotiated by Coach Bohl before he retired. Whether it was smart or not will depend on how well the team performs. I have to admit I like Sawvel so far but just because he has a good personality does not mean he was a good or the best choice.
Yeah.. good luck to Jay and all but there are right two groups of fans in regards to his hiring. thinking everything is fantastic is not an opinion held by anybody. Fans either hate it right now or they will come to hate it when the program declines over the next few years. In the event Wyoming actually gets better, both groups will love it.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:59 am
doreno5 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:37 pm

Yeah.. good luck to Jay and all but there are right two groups of fans in regards to his hiring. thinking everything is fantastic is not an opinion held by anybody. Fans either hate it right now or they will come to hate it when the program declines over the next few years. In the event Wyoming actually gets better, both groups will love it.
You haven't accurately defined anyone's feelings toward this. I'm surprised you're still trying.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:36 pm
You haven't accurately defined anyone's feelings toward this. I'm surprised you're still trying.
Get back with me when you find all the fans that think everything is awesome.