ACS to CU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

although i hate to bump any topic relating to AQTR, i had to reply. like the defectors at utah, byu, and tcu, the topic of AQTR will be interesting because only time will tell if any of them made the right choice. personally i would think it funny if AQTR never started another D1 game, while UW goes on to 2 bowls games in his absence. i for one, WAS a fan until he quit on his teammates, now i am not a fan. i never attacked his lifestyle or personality, but i will say i am over topics relating to a guy that left the program, not because he owed anything to me a fan, but because he quit on the TEAM, his TEAMMATES. i am ready to move on with the guys that want to be here. AQTR, utah, byu, tcu all pretty much the same, their decision to leave will be interesting to analyze down the road when we can see the outcome, but for now id rather focus on the UW football team. Go Pokes!
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

TheRealUW wrote:All of these husband-wife analogies are a bit concerning to me. Having a deep, intimate personal relationship with a significant other is a vastly different relationship from a fan-player relationship. I'd venture to guess that many of you have never spoken a word to ACS (including myself). Maybe he is a pot smoking, douchebag daddy's boy...but I'm not about to publicly bash the guy's character when I am far from knowing the entire story as to what unfolded over the 2 years he was at UW.

ACS earned a scholarship to come play football at UW. I thought he fulfilled that commitment. He didn't sign a letter of intent to be best buds with his teammates or to assimilate himself into the Wyoming/UW lifestyle. His "job" was to play football, and I was satisfied with him in that regard. Please feel free to bash his football skills. Personally, I thought he sucked at the read option. I also thought his footwork was on the level of a bad 5th grader. In the end, he apparently didn't fit in with the direction the UW football program was headed, so he left and his reward (scholarship) was lost. A poor decision? Maybe so. But to hope he "gets bent" and taking satisfaction in his failure seems silly and childish.

Look, I know that sports can bring about very passionate feelings, but sometimes its best to take a step back and take a look at your own actions. Does publicly ridiculing a young man because he quit the football team you cheer for really fit into your morality?
I agree with this. When ACS was bleeding with a bandaged head, while still playing we were all cheering. Or when he was stiff-arming his way to a bowl game, we were pretty happy. Here are a few quotes I found from this board:

"Not sure if he is the best ever, but he sure is to my son. I think we will take this photo and put it on a gold shirt with ACS over the photo, and IS THE BEST under the photo, in brown lettering. We will probably get a helmet display case to put his signed hat in along with a photo of them together with the hat. My son wants a poster for his room made out of it as well.” - Fullback41

“ACS is a class act, and we are damn lucky to have a kid like him leading the way for our team!” - Wyo1016

“...he turned a corner and matured right in front of our eyes last Saturday”. – McPeachy

“...without ACS I think there is no f##k way the pokes cover let alone have a shot at winning.” – MRTNT3X

... the only time a play is made by the Pokes offense is when ACS scrambles and makes something happen... ACS is the only positive we have on the team right now so lets give that kid a break. – PokePride.com

Hey, he changed his mind. Are the posters who are putting ACS down still working at the first job they ever had, or still with the first girl they dated, or still living in their first apartment? That's assuming that you have a job, have ever had a girlfriend and are still not living in your mother's basement. ACS moved on. It's his choice. My bet is that he lands at a college, plays QB and eventually starts. He'll probably be successful after his college years as well. He's smart, hard-working, determined and obviously has free will These are traits that can lead to success.

A while back I posted a list of players that have left the program and someone replied something to the effect that it didn't look good for recruiting players. Well, pissing on players that leave for whatever the reason doesn't help things for the future either. Let's be happy for the hard work they put in while they're here and wish them well in their journey.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Seriuos :thumb: for you research on pulling quotes, I will never retract my statements, but can we all just get over this poop, remove him from the banner, and get some real football chatter started?

This time of year sucks because there isn't much going on, slow times for everything in WYO athletics. Camps are starting but that is about it, so hopefully we might get some recruiting news within the next few weeks.

:sleep:
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

wow.. some pretty impressive research there, cowboyz.
ImageImageImageImage
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

now try to find a post of me bashing him.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Fullback41 wrote:now try to find a post of me bashing him.
A post of you bashing who?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

mrtnt3x wrote:Seriuos :thumb: for you research on pulling quotes, I will never retract my statements, but can we all just get over this s##t, remove him from the banner, and get some real football chatter started?
:lol: Exactly. :lol:

I guess everybody failed to mention to me, or educate me, in the fact that it is against the law (or something) to change your opinion about a person. Huh?

This topic could go very deep, but why bother.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

cowboyz wrote:
Fullback41 wrote:now try to find a post of me bashing him.
A post of you bashing who?
ha, good one. Let me save TheRealUW and cowboyz the trouble and do amazing research by hitting the search button.

I posted "who" a couple times, as in who cares? lets move on with the players that are here.

I said he didn't look cool in an otherwise cool video, but also mentioned that he PLAYED like his hair was on fire (which is a compliment).

I posted the rumors of his return were bogus, that he wouldn't return to get beat out by a freshman.

I said he went independent like BYU.

The worst thing I mentioned was who knows why he left, maybe he was high, in a post questioning why several different players left. The potential excuse was in jest, and came after several posters inferred he was into that.

I said it would be easy to wish him luck if we win games, and hard not to ba(sh him if we miss his experience. I said it would be hard trying to explain to my son why his favorite player left.

How dare I say such horrible things, man that is just over the top. Lets get real, I did not attack his morality or "a lot of stereotypical we don't like your kind around here" stuff. I missed the part where I "publicly ridiculed the man for quitting the team". Even after he left, my posts complimented his play on the field (in fact I don't think i have ever criticized that), and multiple times I said it would be interesting to see how it pans out for him. I still appreciate the time he took (15 seconds) to pose for a picture with my son, it is a moment he will never forget, because I did make a full size poster of it, and it hangs on my sons wall to this day. I am not sure why I have been quoted, when I haven't attacked the kid. I still would like to focus on the players that are here, and think down the road (like years down the road) it will be interesting to see how it turned out for him.
Wyoirish
Ranch Hand

I still appreciate the time he took (15 seconds) to pose for a picture with my son, it is a moment he will never forget, because I did make a full size poster of it, and it hangs on my sons wall to this day.
Hey FB 41, time for a replacement poster of your son with #16 Brett Smith!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Wyoirish wrote:
I still appreciate the time he took (15 seconds) to pose for a picture with my son, it is a moment he will never forget, because I did make a full size poster of it, and it hangs on my sons wall to this day.
Hey FB 41, time for a replacement poster of your son with Adam Pittser!

fify
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'