Emory Miller gone?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Just read a rumor over on the other board that Miller will be leaving the program. Anyone else hearing anything? :brick:
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

If he leaves, that would leave us with exactly 0 years of QB experience on the team. Unbelievable and hopefully not true!

I dont get why he would leave, there can't possibly be any team in the nation (FBS) where he would have a greater liklihood of playing.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

With or without him we still have 0 yrs experience at QB as he's never played a down for us. I guess this is why they recently offered Cody Sokol out of Scottsdale CC.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

That would be a shame, he's got a reasonable shot at being a starter.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

zappinpoke wrote:With or without him we still have 0 yrs experience at QB as he's never played a down for us. I guess this is why they recently offered Cody Sokol out of Scottsdale CC.
He was at least in the system for a year.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

Lets be honest here...Emory had no chance of starting at QB. He was outperformed by Brett Smith this spring and with Pittser coming in, I think he saw the writing on the wall. Not a big loss at all.
Wyoirish
Ranch Hand

I heard his Mom is very sick and he left to be with her next year and won't be coming back. It's why an offer went out to the JC kid recently I'm sure. I agree with Smith beating him out in the Spring but disagree with you, UW on Emory not being a loss. Emory was/is a very popular guy on the team and his presence will be missed in the lockerroom regardless of whether or not he was going to get on the field. Prayers to Emory and his family.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

He may not have been a starter, but he would provide depth.
ImageImageImageImage
billings
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:He may not have been a starter, but he would provide depth.

a good team needs more than starters to be successful. Scout team QB's, situation players, etc. This is a loss no other way to look at it.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He seemed like a good kid and a positive person to have on the football team. If those are the true reasons why he left I certainly won't hold it against him. I can understand him wanting to be closer to home with his ailing mother. I wish him well
I'm good for 3!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

That is a valid reason for leaving. I wish both Emory Miller & his mother well. He will be missed.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Perfectly good reason for wanting to go back home. I wish him and his mother the best.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Wyoirish wrote:I heard his Mom is very sick and he left to be with her next year and won't be coming back. It's why an offer went out to the JC kid recently I'm sure. I agree with Smith beating him out in the Spring but disagree with you, UW on Emory not being a loss. Emory was/is a very popular guy on the team and his presence will be missed in the lockerroom regardless of whether or not he was going to get on the field. Prayers to Emory and his family.
This is correct...all the way around. I wish the kid & his family nothing but the best.

This type of situation really should put things in perspective (for most fans). First you have a selfish situation like ACS and how/why he quit, then you have the polar opposite with Emory Miller. Huge differences...huge.

I know that he was very well liked amongst the staff, his team, and UW in general. Again, all my best to Emory and his family.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Agreed, if his mother is why Emory is leaving, he should have the support of all Cowboy Nation. Prayers go out to Emory's family.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

I'm just hoping that a door was left open and he comes back after his mothers health returns, praying hard for her. My thoughts were he would end up as the backup this year with either one of the freshmen starting and the other red-shirting, then next year EM would move to slot receiver or rb as he is very athletic and fast. At least those were my plans. :D Wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Sounds like he has his priorities straight.

God
Family
Team/ Teammates (second family)
School
Football

Our prayers go out to him and his family.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

Gags just confirmed on his Twitter that Emory won't be with the team this fall:

#Wyoming confirms QB Emory Miller Jr won't return to team this fall for personal reasons.#gopokes #mwcfb
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Damn.. you're following Twitter as closely as I am today.. I came over to post the last two things you did and you had 'em before me.
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

You've gotta get up pretty early to beat me to the punch!