Wyoming All-Time Team?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

More DT than NT, but I'd take that DT over any NT in a 4-3 though! :thumb:
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

WYCowboy wrote:The subject is "All-Time", so I have to include Dewey McConnell. He was Wyoming's first All-American and played in the 50s. He also played both sides of the ball - receiver on offense & secondary on defense. This guy was one tough dude - got cancer in the 70s and went home to die with no treatments or medication. He was also a very likable person. I'm proud to have known him and his wife as friends.
My brother and I played Little League baseball with Dewey's sons before our family moved to Cheyenne. We used to hang out at the McConnell "mansion". Indoor gymnasium, pinball machines, intercom system, the works. I remember Dewey having a dog/cat food canning business and he also sold furs. Never knew he died of cancer. Pretty sad.

We also had a next door neighbor named Frosty Franklin. Remember him? He was a running back for the Pokes during, or just after, the Sugar Bowl year. Frosty would play football with us on the Kiwanis baseball field. Great guy.

Can't have an "all-time" linebacker list without including Ken Fantetti.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Oh ya, I forgot about fantetti, my mom was in college with all those guys, whoops.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

So, can we put Fletcher on this list? The guy was a monster while here and did his fair share to not only help get the Pokes to a Bowl game, but also win it (blocked kicks, tackles, sacks, etc).