DC just posted on his facebook page a special unveiling....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Definitely not a fan of this.. I miss Chris LeDoux.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:Definitely not a fan of this.. I miss Chris LeDoux.
Sadly, he's gone.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Eric Schmoldt and I are leading a charge on Twitter to get #wyomingrapsong trending on Twitter.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Good luck, never joined twitter, but occasionally read tweets with regards to college football.
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Ugh. The only thing I liked about that was that I was part of the original "Cowboy Joe" recording. Done in the fieldhouse circa 1999. :D

Other than that, I was not impressed musically. They should have chosen another phrase from the Western Thunder recording to keep repeating, the one they chose wasn't musically appealing. I'm with wyosteelerfan, mute it and read the lyrics. Neat idea though.

I know they've got to appeal to the younger crowd and to recruits, but I'm not looking forward to hearing that one during pregame warmups. Truth be told, as long as they're winning, I could care less what's coming over the loudspeaker.

GO POKES!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

honestly...i really liked the sample

and i think it flows just fine, and imho, the production value is far above what i would've expected from a small-town group probably recording in their basement
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

who else is getting a banner ad for "russian love match" lawl
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Charpy
Buckaroo

I thought it was original and liked it. I'm not a rap guy myself but I sat there imagining the student section singing (rapping/chanting...whatever) along with the song and really getting into it. Then I could see the entire stadium shouting out C - O - W - B - O - Y - S !!! That would be awesome!
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Ok, I'm 52 and officially an old fart, I think you hit that at 50, and don't really care for rap or hip hop, but if it catch's a 17-18 yr recruits ear more power to them. I think that is what that channel is designated for, not so mush us fans. If it get's our guy's pump up to go disembowel our opponent's ,I'm all for it. Some of you guy's sound like your parent's, that's not a good thing. :lol: Tommy Bolin where are you when I need you.... People People... I think I'm Post Toastee... Savannah women find those Wild Dog's Howlin in the Night, Cause I'm Bustin Out for Rosie, as i drink my Sweet Burgundy... Hello Again. :doh:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

zappinpoke wrote:Ok, I'm 52 and officially an old fart, I think you hit that at 50, and don't really care for rap or hip hop, but if it catch's a 17-18 yr recruits ear more power to them. I think that is what that channel is designated for, not so mush us fans. If it get's our guy's pump up to go disembowel our opponent's ,I'm all for it. Some of you guy's sound like your parent's, that's not a good thing. :lol: Tommy Bolin where are you when I need you.... People People... I think I'm Post Toastee... Savannah women find those Wild Dog's Howlin in the Night, Cause I'm Bustin Out for Rosie, as i drink my Sweet Burgundy... Hello Again. :doh:
Yeah, I'm only 22, but never really agreed with my generation's overall taste in music. I'm an AC/DC, KISS, Motley Crue, and Lynyrd Skynyrd kind of guy.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

If you like guitar solo's youtube those songs i just listed and enjoy! peace bro....
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

nm
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
zappinpoke wrote:Ok, I'm 52 and officially an old fart, I think you hit that at 50, and don't really care for rap or hip hop, but if it catch's a 17-18 yr recruits ear more power to them. I think that is what that channel is designated for, not so mush us fans. If it get's our guy's pump up to go disembowel our opponent's ,I'm all for it. Some of you guy's sound like your parent's, that's not a good thing. :lol: Tommy Bolin where are you when I need you.... People People... I think I'm Post Toastee... Savannah women find those Wild Dog's Howlin in the Night, Cause I'm Bustin Out for Rosie, as i drink my Sweet Burgundy... Hello Again. :doh:
Yeah, I'm only 22, but never really agreed with my generation's overall taste in music. I'm an AC/DC, KISS, Motley Crue, and Lynyrd Skynyrd kind of guy.
I'm 37 and I can't chasing stand rap! Give me Def Leppard....or anything from the 1980s.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
I'm 37 and I can't chasing stand rap! Give me Def Leppard....or anything from the 1980s.
That's pretty much how I am.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

It looks like a majority of the posts do not like it and it doesn't surprise me. I doubt the song was geared towards the Wyonation crowd. I imagine that most of the football team and potential recruits would enjoy this song. Although I don't listen to too much rap anymore and don't really like too many songs that come out, I can see the appeal of it. If you watch the Youtube highlights of most of the recruits, it's usually music in the same style as this song. I think it wasn't meant to be played on your Itunes while you are driving, rather a pre-game/game song through the loud speakers. I think they did a pretty good job with it. It would be pretty hard to sing a cowboy football song and it was a lot less corny than I thought it would be. Overall, it's cool and I think most people would dig it.
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Do you guys ever think about that if you had to make a recruiting video now what music you'd put to the background? haha.. we'd look like a bunch of old farts.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

MrTitleist wrote:Do you guys ever think about that if you had to make a recruiting video now what music you'd put to the background? haha.. we'd look like a bunch of old farts.
Hey, I'm in the same age group as these recruits, and I sound like an old fart. :lol:
Fatpoke
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:Do you guys ever think about that if you had to make a recruiting video now what music you'd put to the background? haha.. we'd look like a bunch of old farts.

If it was my video we would look like abunch of Devil worshippers <.>
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

You guys must be crazy for liking this song. Let me start by I saying I am a student at UW who has been around the athletic department. Here is my take. Let's start from a marketing perspective. This song was made by a group from Laramie which already has a few other songs. If you look at their myspace page these songs are on there. All of the songs have to do with using marijuana. Is it a good idea for a state university to hire a group that openly endorses and uses marijuana? From the recruiting aspect I honestly doubt it will entice recruits. Most recruits that are into rap will laugh at these guys. The song itself is very repetitive. The idea of mixing cowboy Joe with a rap beat is cool but the beat has no flow not to mention the lyrics are horrible. I am a huge Wyoming supporter but you can't rap about things you can't do. I just really don't think this was a good call as an athletic department or as a university. Really surprised the AD signed off on this. I hope the team is far better than the song.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I don't really know what my recruiting video would sound like.. I have a pretty eclectic music taste... my Pandora station is all over the map as far as music goes.
ImageImageImageImage