We really need to beat these guys!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
knapplc
Buckaroo

If you don't think it represents Nebraska, then why is it in your locker room? do you often post things on your locker room bulletin board that are disrespectful from people completely unassociated with your opponent?
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

knapplc wrote:If you don't think it represents Nebraska, then why is it in your locker room? do you often post things on your locker room bulletin board that are disrespectful from people completely unassociated with your opponent?
coaches post this kind of stuff all the time.

okay everyone, the blogger isn't affiliated with nebraska...let's just frofeit
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Charpy
Buckaroo

Agreed. Send in the punt team!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

knapplc wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:I'm not sure what's so difficult to believe about that? I have my father-in-law as a witness too. Like I said, he didn't go off nearly as badly as the guy in the article, but he literally said it was crap that Nebraska had agreed to play in Laramie.
So some guy said it was crap that we have to play you guys in Laramie. If you want to believe that he represents all Nebraska Fans, that's on you.

You're going to get the respect from Nebraska and our fans that you give. If you want to be respected, don't act like this kind of sentiment is indicative of Nebraska or its fans.

Pretty simple concept.

From my post above that was called BS:
Asmodeanreborn wrote: My point here is that the author of that article is not the only Husker fan to have similar opinions, whether he represents a minority of the fan base or not.
I've said multiple times that I haven't seen any trolling from Nebraska fans on these boards (and I still haven't), so clearly I don't lump all of you together with the morons. I'm just trying to point out there there's more than one fan out there who believes Nebraska's too good for Laramie.
knapplc
Buckaroo

OK, fair enough. Just as long as you bear in mind that those idiots are inevitable (I'm sure there are idiot Cowboy fans), and that this guy is a particularly idiotic idiot.

And with that, we've all probably talked about the writer of this blog-thing far more than he deserves.
huskernation
Buckaroo

You're going to get the respect from Nebraska and our fans that you give. If you want to be respected, don't act like this kind of sentiment is indicative of Nebraska or its fans.
Exactly :thumb:
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

knapplc wrote: (I'm sure there are idiot Cowboy fans)
LIES!
We're all highly educated and very productive members of society!

In all seriousness, at least neither of our fanbases have this:

huskernation
Buckaroo

Now that's funny.
Charpy
Buckaroo

I heard that girl went on to Co-star in a reasonably successful TV Series. It was called the Drew Carey show.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Charpy wrote:I heard that girl went on to Co-star in a reasonably successful TV Series. It was called the Drew Carey show.

Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

yeah this guy is an assclown, and an example of my biggest gripe about BCS teams, they are too pussy to come play at someone else's venue. At least it is his opinion they should come here, and we are only worthy to visit them. News flash f-word face, if the 94 game was in Laramie you probably would not have come back to beat us and eventually get a national title that year. dumbass.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
HuskerActuary
Buckaroo

You guys are acting like this "article" came from a legit newspaper or something. This is a freaking blog post, and might I add, one that I really disagree with. It's no different than a message board. Seriously... not many Husker fans agree with the premise in that article. Over the next four years, we play at three non-BCS stadiums.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I didnt say this guy was legit. I said he was an assclown. I also think he has the mentality of most east coast fans or SEC type fans that think they are the greatest when they wont travel to play MWC teams. The reason we went to 1 home game and 2 road games is because after we played BCS teams tough on the road and lose because of a bad kicking game the other team backed out of coming here out of fear. So yeah, there is some overflow from the disrepect our league gets when BCS teams wont travel to play us. No top notch BCS schools would play TCU, Utah, Boise St, or AFA on the road, so then they would brag if they barely won at home against them. Big reason we hate BCS bull, is the we shouldn't have to travel to them because we are so great, when in reality, most BCS teams couldn't hang with us at home. I feel if more BCS teams had to balls to play good MWC teams in a road and away setting, then we would already been an automatic BCS league and Utah, TCU, and (ick) byu wouldn't have left.

We have a winning record in our last several games against SEC teams, with only one being at home.

I didn't say we need to beat Nebraska, or that this fan is typical of nebraska fans. I was just pointing out how ignorant he is.

If you search you will see that Nebraska is one of my favorite non-MWC teams and that I loved the national championship game with Tommie Frazier running wild and Gators being carried off the field in stretchers. That was great stuff. But this guy is still an idiot and you were lucky we didn't play you at home in 94.

PS "theman" speaks for no one over here, we can't stand her. All she does is make negative comments. I think she is a csu fan.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
knapplc
Buckaroo

The reason BCS teams don't travel to your school has nothing to do with being afraid, or being unable to hang with you at home. The biggest factor is that your stadium holds 30,000 people, and they aren't going to make enough money to cover expenses. Big-time college football needs to squeeze every dime out of their games that they can, just like you guys. There is no economic windfall for Nebraska to play at Laramie. The greater the distance to travel, the less economic sense it makes. That's why you're hardly ever going to see a southern school or an east coast school travel to the War - there's no money in it for them.

There's a reason the deal between our schools is a 2-for-1, with only one game in Lincoln paying out to Wyoming - the other game will be necessary to cover this year's travel expenses for us.

The other primary reason we're coming out there is to throw a bone to our western Nebraska fans, who have been begging us to play out there for decades. The Nebraska panhandle fans are ecstatic over this game.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

wyosteelerfan wrote:just submitted this to the KTWO news tip page

In December of 2004 while the Pokes were gearing up to play UCLA in the Las Vegas bowl, I recall Brian Scott bringing our attention to an article out of California that was nothing but a bunch of rude comments about UW and its supporters.

This one leaves it in the dust.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/n ... ly-wyoming

I think it would be fantastic if Mr. Scott could do something similar with this particular piece of "journalism"

If these people refuse to understand on their own how fantastic the great state of Wyoming is then maybe we need to show them.
http://k2radio.com/writer-questions-why ... y-wyoming/

:winky:

brian scott read it aloud on the morning show....and gave everyone his e-mail address

disclaimer: i know he isn't affiliated with the university of nebraska, nor is he affiliated with any "traditional" media publications......but he is a douche that said nasty things about my HOME, the place i was born and raised, and the place that i take very much pride in....so i take it personal when an individual bashes wyoming in any capacity

Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Right, so you plan on playing in boise, ft worth, or salt lake city soon because their stadium holds more. Yeah I didn't think so. BCS teams don't play there out of fear, not numbers. It is easy for BCS teams to stay home play a weak team and collect their BCS money rather than risk looking bad against a good non AQ team.

Only way to prove me wrong is to play a good non--aq team on the road. Never happen.
knapplc
Buckaroo

Fullback41 wrote:Right, so you plan on playing in boise, ft worth, or salt lake city soon because their stadium holds more. Yeah I didn't think so. BCS teams don't play there out of fear, not numbers. It is easy for BCS teams to stay home play a weak team and collect their BCS money rather than risk looking bad against a good non AQ team.

Only way to prove me wrong is to play a good non--aq team on the road. Never happen.
No, BCS teams play at home because they get more money. Why should we play in Laramie? Economically it makes NO sense.

If I told you that you could have $4.75 million per game at War, but you'd only make $300K traveling to another school, of course you'd want to play as many home games as possible. We live in a world of tough economies, and the larger the athletic budget the more home games you have to have.

Nebraska needs a minimum of seven home games to meet budget every year. That's just a cold fact. I'd presume that most every other AQ school needs the same. That means that if they're going to travel, it really can't be to a small school with a small stadium. It just doesn't make economic sense.

This has nothing to do with respect for other schools. We respect you guys just fine. It has everything to do with basic economics.

For me at home watching this game on TV, it doesn't matter if your stadium seats 10,000 or 100,000. But to the athletic department of the school you're playing, it means a LOT in terms of their budget. It's a huge hit, and you can't get around that.

Ugly as it is, money drives this sport. That's why we're seeing all this realignment talk, that's why we're seeing non-AQ schools demanding a fair chance at the BCS games – money, money, money.
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

In some ways we've already won. Unlike Nebraska, 98% of our population doesn't base their self-worth on the success or failures of their football team.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

Classic example of this was Georgia vs. Boise this year. Georgia scheduled this game thinking A. Kellen Moore would have graduated and B. This would be an easy opening win for Georgia. Both of these assumptions were wrong. I guarantee Georgia would have made a different scheduling choicevhadvthey known Kellen would still be around. BCS schools are afraid to play these schools.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

"That's why you're hardly ever going to see a southern school or an east coast school travel to the War - there's no money in it for them".

Bullsh#t. Virginia was here a couple years ago. Texas was here in 09. Nebraska needs to win OOC games just like Virginia (didn't work out too well for them) and so does Texas. You are not very intelligent. Nebraska is not going to make their money with Wyoming this year. They will make it when we go there TWICE in the next 4 years. They are betting they win easily when Wyoming comes to lincoln, the fans get excited, buy t-shirts and hats because there team is so good and the investment of going to Laramie pays off. Wyoming would not play Nebraska in Lincoln unless they came to Laramie too. That is just how it works.