Wyoming @ Utah State - Game Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

An undersized defense + bad schemes + junior high kicking game = this result.

It's sad to watch your team roll over. Nobody is even trying to put a hit on someone in a blue jersey.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Should bench all the starters on D. It is not like the back ups could do any worse (99 yards drive is pathetic). I would send Marty home at half, he f-word had two weeks to plan for this. I knew they would put up some points but 42 in a half unacceptable (especially when those points aren't off of turnovers).
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote: I knew they would put up some points but 42 in a half unacceptable (especially when those points aren't off of turnovers).

This is the worst part. None of their points are off turnovers. They're just gashing the defense with every single play, doesn't matter what they run.
Ragepoke
Ranch Hand

Hell i may be younger then the players but im sending in my Contact info to CDC for the D-Cord job my f-word grand mother who never watched a game of Football in her life could call a better game then this
Danmully
Ranch Hand

Is DC's seat warming up after this game? Is our team better off then when Joe Glenn left? Are we ever going to win a conference championship?
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Is DC's seat warming up after this game? Is our team better off then when Joe Glenn left? Are we ever going to win a conference championship?
I don't know what was worse, watching Joe Glenn's pathetic offense or DCs pathetic defense. The difference to me is that DC has shown that he can replace an ineffective coordinator with a high quality one (Greg Brandon for Arroyo) Joe Glenn was unable to do that. Maybe Marty gets replaced by a top tier coordinator.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Danmully wrote:Is DC's seat warming up after this game? Is our team better off then when Joe Glenn left? Are we ever going to win a conference championship?
HCDC seat isn't warm, the DC's seat is.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:Damn Smith....
Don't blame him. He's a freshman trying to make some stuff happen. If the defense hadn't given up 42 points in the first half he wouldn't be trying so hard to make a play.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

His seat should be warming up but it isn't. Thanks tom b for the contract extension.
Danmully
Ranch Hand

HCDC seat isn't warm, the DC's seat is.[/quote]

my bet, by seasons end HCDC seat is warming up. He'll get another year, but he as shown very little reason to be kept.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Its time to find a new defensive coordinator period. This is as bad as I've ever seen. We've given up 400 yards already.
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Danmully wrote:Is DC's seat warming up after this game? Is our team better off then when Joe Glenn left? Are we ever going to win a conference championship?
You know, I gave him a pass for last year (a tough ass schedule) but this shiite! This isn't progress. If that loyalty stuff starts creeping into the press conferences then, I think his butt ought to start feeling warm.

OT: I'm lining up the Keystones on my desk. I'm thinking I can be blind/dead drunk by the start of the 4th quarter!
Danmully
Ranch Hand

Burman loves the premature contract ext. for mediocre post season invites
Danmully
Ranch Hand

AfiPoke wrote:[
OT: I'm lining up the Keystones on my desk. I'm thinking I can be blind/dead drunk by the start of the 4th quarter!
Im going with crown I bet I beat you
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Danmully wrote:
Lol, I had to quit that stuff. If I hadn't, I'd be on Match.com now, trying to hook up with 'bigguns'.

What happened to the beer smiley?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Danmully wrote:HCDC seat isn't warm, the DC's seat is.
my bet, by seasons end HCDC seat is warming up. He'll get another year, but he as shown very little reason to be kept.[/quote]
Considering that he had to change from a power run offense (piss poor O-line and QBs) to a spread no-huddle offense (taken a big step this year with the pieces finally in place), and that HCDC is a former OC form Mizzou, I'd say the offense has taken a big step in the right direction, especially with bringing in Greg Brandon. Not to mention the big boost in recruiting each year.

The defense however, has been going downhill with only 1 or 2 games that standout all together. Missed tackles, tons of stupid penalties, broken coverage, and horrible play calling. That is all on English.
theman
Ranch Hand

AfiPoke wrote:
Danmully wrote:
Lol, I had to quit that stuff. If I hadn't, I'd be on Match.com now, trying to hook up with 'bigguns'.

What happened to the beer smiley?
:beer2: :beer:
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:HCDC seat isn't warm, the DC's seat is.

my bet, by seasons end HCDC seat is warming up. He'll get another year, but he as shown very little reason to be kept.
Considering that he had to change from a power run offense (piss poor O-line and QBs) to a spread no-huddle offense (taken a big step this year with the pieces finally in place), and that HCDC is a former OC form Mizzou, I'd say the offense has taken a big step in the right direction, especially with bringing in Greg Brandon. Not to mention the big boost in recruiting each year.

The defense however, has been going downhill with only 1 or 2 games that standout all together. Missed tackles, tons of stupid penalties, broken coverage, and horrible play calling. That is all on English.
queue "theman" and some joe glenn ramblings.
Last edited by WyoBrandX on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Can't watch anymore. f-word attrocious.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Danmully
Ranch Hand

You can say its all on english all you want, but ultimately its on the head coaches shoulders as well.