SL Trib reporting that SJSU/USU done deal to MW

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:And that's the stake in the heart of the WAC.
Remember this quote in 2 years when the MWC is in those same shoes and Wyoming is the Idaho looking for a home. I hate to say it but no one wants Wyoming no revenue, no population and no attendance. If the MWC collapses were in trouble.

I'm a bit worried about these bigger conferences stripping the MWC of it's teams in the next few seasons.
Short of any of our teams BCS busting again, I don't see any teams that the bigger conferences want. The Least is now stuck with a bunch of teams that are no where near being close to eachother outside of the 2 Texas schools and the 2 Florida schools, not to mention AQ won't be around much longer. Big 12 isn't looking to expand for at least the next 5 years, the only teams within range of the PAC-12 fit in about as well as a SEC school does in the Big 10, and the rest of the conferences are either to far flung to really care about the MWC schools, while the others are either on life support (WAC) or FCS conference.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:
Remember this quote in 2 years when the MWC is in those same shoes and Wyoming is the Idaho looking for a home. I hate to say it but no one wants Wyoming no revenue, no population and no attendance. If the MWC collapses were in trouble.

I'm a bit worried about these bigger conferences stripping the MWC of it's teams in the next few seasons.
Yes, Wyoming is the least populated state in the union. I think we all know that. However, would you believe of all the teams in the MWC going forward, Wyoming will have the largest fan base? If attendance was an issue for anything, do you think Memphis, Houston, SMU, SDSU, etc. would all get a BE invite when most are below what Wyoming draws.

Wyoming offers more than you are giving credit for. IMO, we'll be just fine.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

alyssa wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
mrtnt3x wrote:Wish WYO would reinstate baseball, damn Title IX
Meh. I know a lot of people are baseball fans, but outside of playing it for fun, I have never liked it.
And I hate baseball 'cos the pros don't have cheerleaders!

Wyokie's in heat.
Didn't Santa get you that Jungfrau?
I was going to say the wanker doesn't need to give it a yank at every sporting event he attends. :flash:
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

JimmyDimes wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:

Yes, Wyoming is the least populated state in the union. I think we all know that. However, would you believe of all the teams in the MWC going forward, Wyoming will have the largest fan base? If attendance was an issue for anything, do you think Memphis, Houston, SMU, SDSU, etc. would all get a BE invite when most are below what Wyoming draws.

Wyoming offers more than you are giving credit for. IMO, we'll be just fine.
If the MWC collapsed before 2013 where would Wyoming be? Name one conference that would be happy to pick up the Cowboys. Quit living a close minded life w/o the MWC were in deep poop.

As for your comment about Wyoming offering more then I'm giving it credit for, That really has nothing to do anything I said.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 151 times

hell, hockey even has the ice girls. Very nice!

is it wrong to fantasize about your avatar?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
Meh. I know a lot of people are baseball fans, but outside of playing it for fun, I have never liked it.
Baseball is too intelligent for most common sports fans. As a fantasy sports player... baseball is the best sport out there. Fantasy football is too easy and a joke.

Baseball is not about the action itself, it's about the in-action. It's about noticing the details other sports don't offer. Everything going on in baseball offers a stat to it and I love that. It's the true real analytical sport. Show me another sport like that. (I coach football but I can't imagine managing a major league team)
I'm good for 3!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Cornpoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Baseball is too intelligent for most common sports fans. As a fantasy sports player... baseball is the best sport out there. Fantasy football is too easy and a joke.

Baseball is not about the action itself, it's about the in-action. It's about noticing the details other sports don't offer. Everything going on in baseball offers a stat to it and I love that. It's the true real analytical sport. Show me another sport like that. (I coach football but I can't imagine managing a major league team)
No wonder I never liked it, I never liked math either. But if you want a sport that goes into the minute details, look at jiu-jitsu, grappling, wrestling, mma, and other contact sports. The tiniest mistake could not only cost you the match, but possibly even an injury. High risk, high reward kind of thing.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I actually do enjoy the martial arts sports... but not so much UFC. I really enjoy studying the mental part of sports (f'ing kickers haha) If there is a fantasy sport for that, I'd be even more intrigued.
I'm good for 3!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Cornpoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

Sport f-word?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

Sport f-word?
Actually....
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

Sport f-word?
Isn't that going to be in the next Olympics? :banana:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

3 years ago, talk of USU and SJSU joining the MWC was borderline delusional. Crazy what realignment has done to the game.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

You gotta do what you gotta do.

BTW, anybody see what the Presidents of Idaho and NMSU said? I hope they can find somewhere to park their programs.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:You gotta do what you gotta do.

BTW, anybody see what the Presidents of Idaho and NMSU said? I hope they can find somewhere to park their programs.
I've seen many Vandal fans say they prefer to drop the program and "start up when they can do it right" instead of joining the Big Sky. Prideful bunch. I know some here aren't thrilled with Wyoming's role in this realignment fiasco, but there can't be too much complaining. As evidenced by Idaho and NMSU, it can get much much worse....