Best Concerts

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Okay... This clearly needs to happen.

I'll go first:

Pearl Jam (Maui)
NIN (Norman)
Lollapalooza 91, 92, 93 (Dallas)
Rolling Stones (Norman)
Dave Matthews (OKC)
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Def Leppard / Tesla July 4, 1988 - Casper, WYOMING

Only other concert I went to was....

Kenny Rogers / Dolly Parton concert in Casper in, I think, 1990.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Only been to 2.

One was Lynyrd Skynyrd in Laramie last year (awesome time!)

And the other one was AC/DC when they came to Denver. One of the best times I ever had! And could not hear a damn thing until we got to Cheyenne (last song was For Those About to Rock with cannons). :lol:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Nine Inch Nails in Missoula a couple years ago was phenomenal. Trent Reznor was amazing, and played NINs best for three solid hours.
Foo Fighters in Missoula was probably the top of my concert list. Dave Grohl played for 2 and a half hours non-stop, no poop fillers. They were touring with Motorhead. Here some vids I shot of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41cYHOS6 ... ture=g-upl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1GkrCVY ... ture=g-upl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YePLte_D ... ture=g-upl
Saw Metallica and Godsmack together in Casper.. terrific show from Godsmack, but most people were there to see Metallica.
Mayhem Fest in San Bernardino was good, headliners were Korn, Rob Zombie, Lamb of God, and Five Finger Death Punch.. Rob Zombie, as always, knocked his show out of the park. A couple of vids from that I shot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtROVsdT ... ture=g-upl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLr5DQW0 ... ture=g-upl
Saw Ozzy, Zombie, and In This Moment in Billings.. Zack Wilde was playing guitar for Ozzy.. great show, had a ton of fun. Zombie again was spectacular.
Korn is coming back to Missoula in a couple weeks for a show, looking forward to that.
But really, I've been to so many concerts all of them had good qualities.. I went to a smaller show that had AFI as the headliner and easily one of the best concerts I've been to.. AFI was terrific.. their opening band made me wish I was an assassin in real life.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Shoot the list is far too long.

I've been to more Def Leppard bands then anything else and they have toured with so many groups it's hard to say which is my favorite but they have never had a bad show.

1. Skid Row & Bon Jovi 89, New Jersey Album.
2. Bone Thugs in Harmory 99
3. Boyz II Men 95
4. Summer poop Tour 94 - Metallica, Suicidal Tendencies and Candle Box.
5. Offspring with local Colorado Bands Smash 94.
6. Greenday 94 Dookie saw them a few times in 94.
7. Get a Grip - Aerosmith & Collective Soul 94.
8. Ozzfest 1998
9. Scorpions Crazy World Tour 91 with Trixter.
10. Warrant & Firehouse

The list go on and on and on.......

There are a lot of other groups I have seen, Pearl Jam, 38 Special, Dokken, Steelheart, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Cher, All for one & tons and tons more man I love music.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 150 times

I've mostly only been to concerts at fairs or the band hasn't made it yet and I catch them at small joints in SLC. Saw Drowning Pool in a little place just before they had a hit with a song for "The Punisher". Most of the concerts are memorable just because of who I was there with. Neil McCoy always puts on a great show. Saw Kenny Chesney, Lonestar and Alabama in Laramie one time that was pretty cool. It was right before Lonestar really blew up and Kenny only had one album out.

I tend to shy away from music that "everyone" is listening to. I'm more of a lay down with headphones and listen kind of guy although mosh pits are kind of fun.
W-Y, Until I Die!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I knew David of Drowning Pool back in the 80s when he was a teenager.
I used to write a lot of songs and sing and all that and we'd talk a little about that kind of stuff.
I remember when he died.
I believe MTV said he went to a HS in Plano which I never remember him going to one there.
I remember him going to another HS in a small town where his mother worked as a PE teacher.
Someone I'm related to by marriage knew his family very well.

It's funny because the media would get a story for the public and the real information was coming through my mother's phone to my relative who knows his family really well.

I've read a lot of stuff on Snowflake's threads today that have taken me back in the past and have kind of made me a little sad.

I never do well with choosing things like "the best" concerts or movies but just "love the one you're with" I guess.
Snowflake
Cowpoke

It's soooo hard to pick, right? The Black Keys was fabulous in concert, but I forget about that one for some reason... I love the small venues, I see a lot of lil stuff.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Snowflake wrote:It's soooo hard to pick, right? The Black Keys was fabulous in concert, but I forget about that one for some reason... I love the small venues, I see a lot of lil stuff.
My favourite concerts are the small clubs, especially when it's with band members who I know personally or just love a lot.
I always enjoyed going to "pickins" with musicians I knew around UNT about 1999-2001.
Then I got away from it.
I titled one of my homemade records "1999" (at least as a working title).
That one meant a lot to me because I had started writing songs again.
But the most popular homemade record I made among those at the pickins was one titled "The Necessary Evil" (at least as a working title).

Some of my lyrics, "In all my loneliness I'm unimportant pieces to you."
Now I have to laugh.
Wyojjs12
Buckaroo

Ween
TOOL
The Allman Brothers Band
George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic
Rush
Primus
Railroad Earth
The Black Crowes
Medeski, Martin, and Wood

Seen a good amount of live acts, hard to pick the best but these have been my favorite.