Video of the hit

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

http://www.kgwn.tv/story/19493597/cowbo ... ome-opener
I haven't said anything since I was not at the game, but after seeing the replay it wasn't a blow to the chin or a helmet to helmet hit that knock out Brett, It was the horse collar tackle pulling him to the ground and hitting the back of his head. He was not out of bounds and Robinson only took 1 step before impact. Kind of a bang bang play if you ask me. IMHO the picture looks way more malicious than the video. If the refs weren't going to call Luke Ruff for a late hit on the Toledo TD earlier in the video, they weren't going to call a late hit on Robinson.

I hope Brett is OK. That's 2 back of the head concussions in 2 years (Tank Carder last year) that Brett has suffered.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

If it wasn't for the countless other late hits, hits on the sideline and cheap shots - I would simply agree and move on. Unfortunately, the other 40 plus minutes have to be watched to put this video into the proper context.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

The point is, they were doing this cheap $hit ALL day long! Maybe it wasnt Robinson's head hit that did it. Horse collar tackles are not legal. Period. And Toledo did it all game long.

I agree it was a fluke thing that happened, but still is avoidable. Tackle like you are taught (well, maybe Toledo teaches this... i dont know.)
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

The point of posting the video was people were saying it was Robinson who knocked Brett out with a forearm to the chin after taking two or three steps and that Brett was out out of bounds when the hit occurred. The way I see it on the video is he was in bounds and it was the douche nozzle with the horse collar tackle that caused the concussion by pulling him all the way to the ground.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

The horsecollar tackler makes me so mad that I can't say what I wanna.

Feel so bad for BS.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

that link doesnt work
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

gopokes1399 wrote:that link doesnt work
You may have some issues with your computer cause I just clicked on it and it worked for me.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 150 times

The hit looks less cheap and horse collars happen and are dangerous, that's why they've been a penalty.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

zappinpoke wrote:The point of posting the video was people were saying it was Robinson who knocked Brett out with a forearm to the chin after taking two or three steps and that Brett was out out of bounds when the hit occurred. The way I see it on the video is he was in bounds and it was the douche nozzle with the horse collar tackle that caused the concussion by pulling him all the way to the ground.
He went for BS's face. Tackle, yeah, right.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I didn't see any dirty hit on that video so I'm not sure why everyone is pissed at that Toledo kid? I did see a bad horse collar tackle. Seems to me that everyone would be more pissed about the kid that used the horse collar tackle than the kid that ran by Brett Smith and his hand ran across his facemask real fast but he didn't hit him.

I hate seeing Brett get hurt. I'm glad he is doing better.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

seattlecowboy wrote:I didn't see any dirty hit on that video so I'm not sure why everyone is pissed at that Toledo kid? I did see a bad horse collar tackle. Seems to me that everyone would be more pissed about the kid that used the horse collar tackle than the kid that ran by Brett Smith and his hand ran across his facemask real fast but he didn't hit him.

The 2nd Toledo player hitting him in the face definitely hit him and that is what knocked him out not the horse caller that just bent his body into such a position that the hit from the front caused his head to just slam into the turf and he is way out of bounds look at the white line under his legs. I realize a still and slow motion don't give time for adjusting to full speed action but that hit was well late. Doesn't matter now but the fact is there were a lot of late hits in the game and when refs don't control the game from the beginning it can get out of hand later and it did.

Either way it still didn't cost us the game we cost ourselves the game but the officiating was awful.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:I didn't see any dirty hit on that video so I'm not sure why everyone is pissed at that Toledo kid? I did see a bad horse collar tackle. Seems to me that everyone would be more pissed about the kid that used the horse collar tackle than the kid that ran by Brett Smith and his hand ran across his facemask real fast but he didn't hit him.

The 2nd Toledo player hitting him in the face definitely hit him and that is what knocked him out not the horse caller that just bent his body into such a position that the hit from the front caused his head to just slam into the turf and he is way out of bounds look at the white line under his legs. I realize a still and slow motion don't give time for adjusting to full speed action but that hit was well late. Doesn't matter now but the fact is there were a lot of late hits in the game and when refs don't control the game from the beginning it can get out of hand later and it did.Image

Either way it still didn't cost us the game we cost ourselves the game but the officiating was awful.
I agree with you about the refs. I think it was more the refs fault than Toledo's. If the refs would have not let it get out of hand then there is a good chance things might have turned out differently. Not the game but Brett Smiths injury I mean.
I wasn't at the game so I will have to take everyones word for it who was when they say there were a bunch of dirty hits the whole game. To bad the refs let it get out of control if that was truely the case.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyogogo
Buckaroo

What is the benefit of people coming on here or going on other sites just to defend the actions of the Toledo players? Big deal if it was the horse collar or the forearm shot that knocked him out, either hit was ILLEGAL and led to unnecessary damage. I just don't understand what these people get out of trying to play the devils advocate and say that there wasn't any malicious intent. There is a reason why certain plays are ILLEGAL, it is because they are dangerous. If somebody hits someone illegally then that in itself is malicious intent. It was a dirty hit, and it was happening all game. It led to a terrible thing happening to a great kid, and it could have all been avoided had Toledo not hit him illegally. I for one am just thankful to God that he ended up being ok.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Wyogogo wrote:What is the benefit of people coming on here or going on other sites just to defend the actions of the Toledo players? Big deal if it was the horse collar or the forearm shot that knocked him out, either hit was ILLEGAL and led to unnecessary damage. I just don't understand what these people get out of trying to play the devils advocate and say that there wasn't any malicious intent. There is a reason why certain plays are ILLEGAL, it is because they are dangerous. If somebody hits someone illegally then that in itself is malicious intent. It was a dirty hit, and it was happening all game. It led to a terrible thing happening to a great kid, and it could have all been avoided had Toledo not hit him illegally. I for one am just thankful to God that he ended up being ok.
After seeing the video I don't see the bad intent. The first player appears to leap at a full stretch and grabbed whatever his hands could grab. Which happened to be a horse collar, that was called, that we too had done in the game. They happen, they suck, but they happen. The second player only seems to be running over to push him out of bounds. He never really plows into him at all and even looks to be pulling back. The horse collar guy was taking care of the violence. The still photo means nothing. On the same play if you freeze the beginning of Brett's run it looks like during his stiff arm he grabs the defenders facemask and tosses him to the ground. The entire hit(s) happened in a split second. It just all went wrong for Brett. In the same short video Ruff looks like he was trying to kill the guy that scored their TD, hitting him when he was already on the ground and out-of-bounds, and Magnuson tries to tackle the guy that made the 2nd interception after he was already tackled and getting up. It's a fast game.

Everyone at Wyonation is thankful that Brett is okay. But as long as he's playing this game at this level and the style of the team and of his game is to run, it's going to happen again. Probably not getting knocked unconsious, but certainly late hits, vicious hits, blind hits and yes, dirty hits. This kid's a beast on the field. Hopefully his body can handle it.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Wyogogo wrote:What is the benefit of people coming on here or going on other sites just to defend the actions of the Toledo players? Big deal if it was the horse collar or the forearm shot that knocked him out, either hit was ILLEGAL and led to unnecessary damage. I just don't understand what these people get out of trying to play the devils advocate and say that there wasn't any malicious intent. There is a reason why certain plays are ILLEGAL, it is because they are dangerous. If somebody hits someone illegally then that in itself is malicious intent. It was a dirty hit, and it was happening all game. It led to a terrible thing happening to a great kid, and it could have all been avoided had Toledo not hit him illegally. I for one am just thankful to God that he ended up being ok.
Benefit??? Devil's advocate??? How about reality. This isn't a contact sport, the deed is, its a collision sport. I asked in my original post if the hit that Luke Ruff puts on the Toledo player 2 ft out of bounds was a late hit. No one including you responded. How about the hit by Ruff in the Texas game at about the 1:45 mark of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc1dLdLxESQ. Is it a late hit with malicious intent?,or is it just a player playing hard nosed football? Is he a thug? Is it a ILLEGAL play? I bet you have a mantle full of participation ribbons don't you. :brick:
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:

The 2nd Toledo player hitting him in the face definitely hit him and that is what knocked him out not the horse caller that just bent his body into such a position that the hit from the front caused his head to just slam into the turf and he is way out of bounds look at the white line under his legs. I realize a still and slow motion don't give time for adjusting to full speed action but that hit was well late. Doesn't matter now but the fact is there were a lot of late hits in the game and when refs don't control the game from the beginning it can get out of hand later and it did.

Quit looking at a photo that show's 1/0000000000 of a second of time and watch the video. He pushed his face mask with his hands. Their helmets never touch. His head hit's the ground because the guy doing the horse collar tackle pulls him to the ground. And lastly look at his feet, both are in bounds when Robinson makes contact. I have no idea what you are looking at.
Wyogogo
Buckaroo

"I bet you have a mantle full of participation ribbons don't you?"

That's a clown question bro. I'm disappointed in you.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

I'm not your bro, and I'm dissapointed in both of your responses. Totally weak bro!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Here is a man who uses common sense, a man not prone to hyperbole, a man who has assessed the situation as accurately as anyone else on this board not named, Dino.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

I've been unemployed for three years now, you need a side kick,Lol