Cowboys look forward, not back

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

ImageImageImageImage
HellBass
Buckaroo

Hell Yeah! Let's Go POKES!
Powder River, Let 'er Buck!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I think a good way for Cowboys to let their fans know they're serious about looking forward would be to go into Moscow and blow Vandals out of the water. Kirk's had two solid weeks and a game practicing with the numbers 1s, which better mean he's added at least a couple of new plays to his book.

Once again, though, it comes down to the defense. If they do their job, this is a no doubt win. If not, it's likely it's 0-4.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

how does the defensive depth chart look?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

wyosteelerfan wrote:how does the defensive depth chart look?
What defensive and what depth chart?

I mean it looks awful Someone needs to step up and be the defensive motivation and it should be the captain but so far it's not.

Also I think it's time to unleash Jason Thompson in Idaho at this point he can't do any worst for this team than has already been accomplished.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 110 times

Mediocre is starting at all positions, backed up by inept.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote:
Mediocre is starting at all positions, backed up by inept.
well hot damn

mediocre you say?

poop at this rate we'll be downright legendary by the BW
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Mike Purcell had a great game, but he couldn't do it by himself - I think he had about 16 tackles. We need guys stepping up all over the place, but that isn't happening. We have some players that could be NFL players, but they aren't making a name for themselves. Too bad for them and bad for our team. The defensive coaches aren't exactly helping their resumes either.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Still can't wrap my mind around it. Even with that video....seriously? Cal Poly? The defense is IMO the MWC's worst....and by a good margin.

This teams respectability all lies with Brett Smith.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

The defense kills me, I can't even comprehend how we let back to back 70 yard runs happen in the first two possessions of a game. I mean once sure but the 2nd time how are you not prepared mentally for it? How do you not keep an eye on that same back and not let him just blast through the line.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:The defense kills me, I can't even comprehend how we let back to back 70 yard runs happen in the first two possessions of a game. I mean once sure but the 2nd time how are you not prepared mentally for it? How do you not keep an eye on that same back and not let him just blast through the line.
It is baffling how bad they are right now. I thought it couldn't get any worse, and it did....big time.

I'm not betting this weekend, but even if I were I wouldn't touch this UI game with a 10 foot pole. Don't know if Smith plays, that changes everything. And we don't know to what level both teams suck. Sure, Wyoming's defense is awful, but have you seen Idaho's offense? Horrendous. Their defense is crap too. Wouldn't be shocked if Cal Poly is better.

And then to top it all off, where is the teams morale at? Are they ready to pounce on UI? Or does the disappointment of a shocking 0-3 start have the writing off 2012 already?

Again, tough game to pick. Who sucks more?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:I think a good way for Cowboys to let their fans know they're serious about looking forward would be to go into Moscow and blow Vandals out of the water. Kirk's had two solid weeks and a game practicing with the numbers 1s, which better mean he's added at least a couple of new plays to his book.

Once again, though, it comes down to the defense. If they do their job, this is a no doubt win. If not, it's likely it's 0-4.

here's your shot kid, let's get er done, GO POKES
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Boy you must have had to look long and hard to find highlights of Wyoming. No wonder the video is only just over a minute.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Those aren't highlights, Those are low lights. Wonder if that word exists? Well it does now.