Coach Christensen contradiction?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Maybe I'm the crazy one...read the opening few words of Coach C's statement to the media following the game last night against Fresno State.

“I thought our kids came out and they competed. I told them after the game, you’ve got to come out ready to play at kickoff, and they didn’t".

What?
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

He was talking about the second half play as being competitive...he said, if you would care to read the whole thing, that the team didn't show up at all in the first half, but played competitively in the second. When you pick and choose which parts you want to read and comprehend, it will seem contradictory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

kdwrightuwyo wrote:He was talking about the second half play as being competitive...he said, if you would care to read the whole thing, that the team didn't show up at all in the first half, but played competitively in the second. When you pick and choose which parts you want to read and comprehend, it will seem contradictory.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

He said they came out and competed...then immediately followed that up by stating they were not ready to play.

Get it tgether there, kdwrightuwyo.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

DocHolliday wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:He was talking about the second half play as being competitive...he said, if you would care to read the whole thing, that the team didn't show up at all in the first half, but played competitively in the second. When you pick and choose which parts you want to read and comprehend, it will seem contradictory.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

He said they came out and competed...then immediately followed that up by stating they were not ready to play.

Get it tgether there, kdwrightuwyo.

I think he's right. He implied they came out ready to play after halftime, but that they need to be ready at kick-off. i.e., they need to play a full game, not half of one.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I'm guessing that he just had the halves mixed up or his coachspeak was on auto-pilot. He probably knew what he meant. What I like better is this question and reply:

Question: Little flat the first half, any idea what was going on?
Answer: No idea. We weren’t doing anything different, we don’t change up, and we do the same thing every week.

I have an idea. Maybe we need to do something different this week instead of the same thing. The same thing every week isn't working out too well.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

So I counted 15 f-word in CDC's tirade, add that f-word we heard during the game and CDC had to have set a Wyoming record for publicly heard through media f-word in one week with 16. That's a record that will never be broken...

How many does CDC have this week? I'll set the line at -2.5 f-word.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

And on Sunday approximately zero f-word were given.
ImageImageImageImage
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:So I counted 15 f-word in CDC's tirade, add that f-word we heard during the game and CDC had to have set a Wyoming record for publicly heard through media f-word in one week with 16. That's a record that will never be broken...

How many does CDC have this week? I'll set the line at -2.5 f-word.
That wasn't his f-word on Saturday so have to recalculate.
Also should be noted, so far no middle fingers so he's one behind in that department

Geez.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

ImageImageImageImage