Coach DC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

laxwyo wrote:2014 is a great opportunity. If we have a team built by then, imagine the possibilities!
I'm going to Oregon and maybe Michigan St, busy fall that year!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote:
laxwyo wrote:2014 is a great opportunity. If we have a team built by then, imagine the possibilities!
I'm going to Oregon and maybe Michigan St, busy fall that year!!!
I'll be at osu that year, so I think I will definitely be making the drive for Corvallis to Eugene to watch Brett rip the ducks
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
69er
Ranch Hand

I haven't heard anyone speaking about Wyoming football at all where I live. That is anyone besides family or a friend who posts here.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

69er wrote:I haven't heard anyone speaking about Wyoming football at all where I live. That is anyone besides family or a friend who posts here.
Guess it depends on where you live. I grew up in Northwestern Wyoming and Wyoming Cowboys were only talked about when they were good. Parts of the state are so isolated (especially with the tv sittuation this year) that it is hard to be a hardcore cowboys fan. To go to a game for my family it's a twelve hour round trip drive, which is doable when the team wins but many of those fans need to see consistency before they invest that kind of money.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

stymeman wrote:agreed, I believe "most" everything DC says, he seems to be happy here and doesn't seem to be job searching, the key is if his wife likes it here that's the main thing. We are all disappointed with this years results, but things can turn around if we win out and we have to give him the benefit for next year, but next year has to have vast improvement, hands down. we have to go 7-5, 8-4 or better to have it considered a good year!! year number 5 is truly the put up or shut up year. I understand UW want a return on their $$ he's being paid, we'll see what happens in 2013 for sure.
DC is happy to be here, as in "I'm glad I wasn't fired, yet..." He's not job searching because as of today, right now, there is not one FBS program that would hire him as a Head Coach. He had his chance after last season to take a baby step to a better program. Unless he puts together multiple good seasons, this is his last stop as a Head Coach and he knows it.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

cowboyz wrote:
stymeman wrote:agreed, I believe "most" everything DC says, he seems to be happy here and doesn't seem to be job searching, the key is if his wife likes it here that's the main thing. We are all disappointed with this years results, but things can turn around if we win out and we have to give him the benefit for next year, but next year has to have vast improvement, hands down. we have to go 7-5, 8-4 or better to have it considered a good year!! year number 5 is truly the put up or shut up year. I understand UW want a return on their $$ he's being paid, we'll see what happens in 2013 for sure.
DC is happy to be here, as in "I'm glad I wasn't fired, yet..." He's not job searching because as of today, right now, there is not one FBS program that would hire him as a Head Coach. He had his chance after last season to take a baby step to a better program. Unless he puts together multiple good seasons, this is his last stop as a Head Coach and he knows it.
That is your opinion. I think there are some FBS schools that would hire him. Western Kentucky. Idaho.
And some BCS schools that would take him as OC.

And certainly not his last stop as a coach. There are people who have done plenty worse than DC and have had jobs afterwards. Even if he gets fired. Takes a year off. He can go be an OC at some small schools. Then within 5 years is a head coach at a Bowling Green. or Toledo or some school like that.
To think that we are the only school that is willing to hire coach christensen is foolish
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
That is your opinion. I think there are some FBS schools that would hire him. Western Kentucky. Idaho.

And certainly not his last stop as a coach. There are people who have done plenty worse than DC and have had jobs afterwards. Even if he gets fired. Takes a year off. He can go be an OC at some small schools. Then within 5 years is a head coach at a Bowling Green. or Toledo or some school like that.
To think that we are the only school that is willing to hire coach christensen is foolish
As I said, today, right now, no FBS program would hire him as a head coach. Western Kentucky's coach is doing exactly what DC should be doing, they'd only need a coach if their guy left to a better offer. Idaho, how would that thinking go, "We're poop, so let's hire the guy that we took to overtime"? When DC is fired I think he'll get an OC job, and it might not be a small school. It could be a large program. He did pretty well as an OC. He is just total poop as a Head Coach. I imagine DC could run an effective offense where the players stick around?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:

As I said, today, right now, no FBS program would hire him as a head coach. Western Kentucky's coach is doing exactly what DC should be doing, they'd only need a coach if their guy left to a better offer. Idaho, how would that thinking go, "We're poop, so let's hire the guy that we took to overtime"? When DC is fired I think he'll get an OC job, and it might not be a small school. It could be a large program. He did pretty well as an OC. He is just total poop as a Head Coach. I imagine DC could run an effective offense where the players stick around?
yep total poop coach. Let's get rid of him then have us go to a bowl game win or loss every decade. Good times. He has 2 in 4 years. Horrible coach.

Fans like you make wyoming, well wyoming. Bowl games 1 time a decade are awesome!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

Missouri would take him back as OC in a hot minute. The guy they have now is failing badly.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

COS Cowboy wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
My God, can you imagine the rushing yards Oregon will put on us if we have this same run defense?
One win over a terrible Colorado State team doesn't change my opinion. Yes, it was a great win. But DC is in over his head. Time to get rid of him.

Don't you have an FCS team to root for?

I root for Wyoming. Close enough, right?
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:

yep total poop coach. Let's get rid of him then have us go to a bowl game win or loss every decade. Good times. He has 2 in 4 years. Horrible coach.

Fans like you make wyoming, well wyoming. Bowl games 1 time a decade are awesome!
Aim higher than the New Mexico Bowl, my friend.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:

Aim higher than the New Mexico Bowl, my friend.
like first place in the development league?

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
cowboyz
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:

Maybe you can come down and teach all of us Wyoming fans to be, well Oregon fans. Better yet, instead of you coming down, why don't you send your coaches, athletic budgets or your back up quarterback? Any of them will help us out. I think you're missing the point. The reason for my bitching as well as some of the other posters is because we don't want to be a bad team. If getting to a bowl game by beating up a couple FCS teams and a few really bad FBS teams and then getting hammered by a MAC team in your bowl game and following it up the next year with another losing season, highlighted by a loss to an FCS team, is what you see as improvement in the program, then I see your point. To me, it looks sort of bleak, especially when you consider our Head Coach just made the recruitment video for whatever team we may be going up against for a recruit.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:

Maybe you can come down and teach all of us Wyoming fans to be, well Oregon fans. Better yet, instead of you coming down, why don't you send your coaches, athletic budgets or your back up quarterback? Any of them will help us out. I think you're missing the point. The reason for my bitching as well as some of the other posters is because we don't want to be a bad team. If getting to a bowl game by beating up a couple FCS teams and a few really bad FBS teams and then getting hammered by a MAC team in your bowl game and following it up the next year with another losing season, highlighted by a loss to an FCS team, is what you see as improvement in the program, then I see your point. To me, it looks sort of bleak, especially when you consider our Head Coach just made the recruitment video for whatever team we may be going up against for a recruit.
come down? Way to make assumptions that you know nothing about. I go to UW dude. Easy now, calm down.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:

come down? Way to make assumptions that you know nothing about. I go to UW dude. Easy now, calm down.
Okay, I'm calm now. My assumptions came from the fact that your post seemed to dis on Wyoming fans, your name is BeaverPoke and you say you're going to OSU next year and are a fan of OSU. Sorry. Having said that, the request still stands, when you get there, feel free to send your coaches, budget or back up QB.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:

Okay, I'm calm now. My assumptions came from the fact that your post seemed to dis on Wyoming fans, your name is BeaverPoke and you say you're going to OSU next year and are a fan of OSU. Sorry. Having said that, the request still stands, when you get there, feel free to send your coaches, budget or back up QB.
Why does wyoming need Vaz or Mannion from OSU? Brett Smith is a better QB than both of them. Unless you are saying that Vaz and Mannion are both better than our back-ups? Which I would agree with 1000%
cowboyz
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:

Why does wyoming need Vaz or Mannion from OSU? Brett Smith is a better QB than both of them. Unless you are saying that Vaz and Mannion are both better than our back-ups? Which I would agree with 1000%
Yep, just as back-ups for the time being. As you know we have a tough time keeping quarterbacks healthy or even on campus.