The greatest prediction ever.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

and the winner is

by BeaverPoke » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:08 pm

Call me UW homer but, I think 11 or 12 wins after the bowl game. We can and will beat toledo. 1-1
Destroy Cal Poly 2-1
Destroy Idaho 3-1
Shootout win against Nevada 4-1
Hard struggle, but pull it out against AFA 5-1
Shoot out win against (overrated) Fresno 6-1
Upset win (for MWC championship) against Boise 7-1
Blowout win in the Border War 8-1
Struggle after some big wins against a much improved New Mexico 9-1
Get back to our domination against UNLV 10-1
Take it to SDSU for senior day 11-1

Win the Vegas Bowl against UCLA/Oregon St./Arizona State.
12-1

I do think the Nevada and Boise game could be up for grabs.
But again, being the homer I am saying we grab them both!

12-1 w/MWC championship Vegas Bowl win, and 4th consecutive Bronze Boot

Now that is some funny stuff. Off by a country mile. Reminds me of my Vegas sport bets. I don't know poop.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

That is really bad, but there are a lot of others right there with BeaverPoke....... everybody chugged mass quantities of the Cowboy kool-aid this off-season.

Most of UW's losses aren't terribly surprising, some not at all. But that Cal Poly game will always be the most baffling result to me. Not even a bunch a Ram-loving CSU grads would have predicted that result in the off-season.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Good research pulling that one up bud.

I was wrong. Oh no!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Beaver's prediction was probably closer to what most of us thought, compared to what we got, so no one can fault him there. Let's face it, week in and week out, even as the Pokes were losing, most GTS predictions had Wyoming winning. But that's sort of the problem. 2011 gave us a new stud QB, an 8 win season and a more experienced coaching staff. With a virtual blackout for the fans and the media to observe practices or interview players and coaches, the only drink we were being served was that our 2012 team was the best yet in the DC era, the deepest and fastest with plenty of experienced players returning. And our schedule wasn't that tough. To me it looks like DC doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, what the hell he's doing or doesn't mind blowing smoke up our ass. That's what it looks like. What it is, is that he can't run a successful big time program. Maybe he can get the Idaho job. He'd still screw it up, but it wouldn't be our problem. I don't want to hear that he was MWC COY either. I just saw a guy that won a National Championship a couple years ago, who also had a winning record over his tenure and was a perfect 3-0 in bowl games, get shown the door. Is it fair, I'm not sure, but it's big time college football. Auburn saw that the program wasn't going in the right direction and they are trying to do something about it now. Not next year or the year after, now. DC doesn't have half the resume in his 4 years, yet he's going to cling onto this job, and our AD is probably going to let him, even after this failed season and his ape-poop episode. I wish we were big time college football.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Hey he was only eight wins off, and some people on this board will tell you we would have won all our games if it weren't for injuries, dirty players on other teams, every referee on the planet inexplicably having it out for Wyoming, the moon aligning with Venus....and a bunch of other excuses.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

So who had the 4-8 prediction? Anyone? Beuler?
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

COS Cowboy wrote:So who had the 4-8 prediction? Anyone? Beuler?
Cutslam will get back to you as soon as he gets his marching orders from you know who.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

Dino must have told cuttslam and sdpoke to have similar avatars too
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Poke Around wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:So who had the 4-8 prediction? Anyone? Beuler?
Cutslam will get back to you as soon as he gets his marching orders from you know who.
HAHAHAH J-rod predicted 4-8 worse case. DING DING DING we have a winner.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i was hoping for 7-5 myself
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

J-Rod posts probably the most objective viewpoint IMO. Most of our opinions are skewed a bit by our brown and gold glasses.