Where are the Boo birds?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

SDPokeFan wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:And right on cue, they're back with the exception of wyoming fishing. Apparently they just like to bitch.
OK, fine. Our team was awesome this year. What bowl game are they in so I can set my DVR?
What channels are the FCS playoffs on?

BTW, I think the team underperformed this year and that the defense is as bad as I have ever seen in all my years of Cowboy football (and I think many/most would agree with my assessment).

We had our chance to get rid of DC with the Howdy Doody, that time has come and gone. I was an advocate for Tiller/Brandon. However, to state that the team has no potential and is terrible is to be blind. This team has some serious playmakers. I said before the season that Brett Smith would break every Wyoming QB record before he left and barring some serious injury, I think it is apparent that he will. And, for the first time ever, DC actually let the players play rather than taking a knee (see timeout called with 4 seconds left in the first half).
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

You're absolutely right, the team does have playmakers. On offense. Unfortunately the team isn't allowed to only play offense.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

SDPokeFan wrote:You're absolutely right, the team does have playmakers. On offense. Unfortunately the team isn't allowed to only play offense.
So instead of recruiting some playmakers on that side of the ball, we should bail on FBS and drop to FCS.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:Any DC defenders want to chime in about second half play? Anyone wonder just what in the hell goes on in his locker room at halftime? Anyone wonder why he never huddles with his players and barely speaks to them on the field?
1. Never defended the halftime adjustments.
2. Always wondered what they did in the lockerroom at halftime.
3. He runs the spread, no huddle offense, but does talk to his players during time outs (media and otherwise).
1- Then how can ANYONE defend his coaching when he's a part-timer? Last I checked, he was getting paid his full contract.
2- Fair 'nuff...
3- So I was watching what in LV and Laramie the past two weeks when DC didn't once, in either game, in any kind of time-out, join the time-out huddles? Not once.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyovanian wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:Any DC defenders want to chime in about second half play? Anyone wonder just what in the hell goes on in his locker room at halftime? Anyone wonder why he never huddles with his players and barely speaks to them on the field?
3. He runs the spread, no huddle offense, but does talk to his players during time outs (media and otherwise).
1- Then how can ANYONE defend his coaching when he's a part-timer? Last I checked, he was getting paid his full contract.
2- Fair 'nuff...
3- So I was watching what in LV and Laramie the past two weeks when DC didn't once, in either game, in any kind of time-out, join the time-out huddles? Not once.
Odd that, every game I've been to, he's right in there talking to the players.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

Don't doubt wyovanian! His superior intellect is no match for us!
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:I figured I'd dumb it down for you and Dino while you blow each other! My point is that it is "mildly" better. Maybe you should look up the meaning. I feel mildly better about our team since we didn't lose to the cellar dwellers. We're not in unm territory under locksley. Do I feel great? No! There is some hope.
I didn't think you dumbed it down at all. It was one of your most intelligent post. I love how you keep bringing up guys blowing each other. You really need to come out of the closet, you'd be much happier. Next you'll want to f-word my ass to make me humble.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
2- Fair 'nuff...
Odd that, every game I've been to, he's right in there talking to the players.
I pointed it out during both games to the friends sitting with me- we never once saw DC huddle on TO's in either game. He stayed in his 45's box while the assistants spoke to the players. Kind of gels with the ivory tower mentality rumors coming from the program.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:Don't doubt wyovanian! His superior intellect is no match for us!
It's not "superior intellect"- I'm just able to think about other things without distractions like jiggly chicks with incredibly butter-smooth, well-tanned skin... wait, what were you saying?
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:I figured I'd dumb it down for you and Dino while you blow each other! My point is that it is "mildly" better. Maybe you should look up the meaning. I feel mildly better about our team since we didn't lose to the cellar dwellers. We're not in unm territory under locksley. Do I feel great? No! There is some hope.
I'm not sure which is worse- having to "dumb down" a statement to counter a point that you seem to miss, or the fact that your expectations have been lowered enough that (barely) not losing to the cellar dwellers is a "step in the right direction". Clear evidence of the grade inflation of the past twenty years I guess...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

U must have missed my point as well. This season could have been worse. The kids battled back to some semblance of a football team and didn't go 1-11. Is this progress, not really. I guess it's a matter of prospective. You see 4-8 as a disaster and I see it as a poor season that could have been much better especially following the 8-5 campaign. I don't see the program in shambles. I see a poor performing season with some bad luck sprinkled in. I think one bad season following a bowl appearance is not a good sample, just as 2011 was not a good sample. ACS left and I expected last year to be more like this year and this year to be more like last year. I see a pretty decent looking football team. If we can stop the run, Brett and the offense sees the ball a few more times and the defense is fresher for the whole game. I'm not confident that the DL and LBs will be better next year, which worries me. We need to strike gold with a juco prospect or two. We really need a b smith on defense. Someone who won't be denied. Did our LB's have a single INT this year? I know that probably has more to do with teams running down our throat, but god, you would think they would be able to get one! Zach berg had like a 100 during scrimmages. Guess its too hard to scheme for pass when they are running over top of you. I still prefer 3-4 if we have a good NG. If we could just have an average D, this team can be great!

That being said, I feel that the uproar over this season would be more warranted at the end of next season if we string together another bad record. Hell, ill light your torch for you and join in on cutt slam, Dino, sdpoke's circle jerk (there's another one for you cutt)
W-Y, Until I Die!