Now this is priceless for the Big Least!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

skunkapekiller wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:I'm pretty sure that BSU and SDSU are hoping the basketball schools vote to dissolve the conference...otherwise they are on the hook for exit fees from the "Big East
No kidding. They just joined C-USA 2.0.
ur making fun of tulane?? tulane will be opeing a 60 million dollar on campus open air fb stadium in the next year and or two and are in a major metropolitan city?
Tulane does have good academics and a decent basketball program. But their football program hasn't had a winning season in over a decade and you'd be better off getting one of the other Louisiana schools (aside from LSU) if you wanted market pentration.
if the big east stays buidling after losing some more schools they might have..
There's problem #1. If the ACC and Big 12 take Louisville, UConn, and Cinci, by all reports the basketball schools want to either do away with football, or just dissolve the conference completely.
dallas
SMU does not deliver it. TCU does some, and Texas-Austin has the rest.
houston
Houston does not deliver it. Texas A&M controls it.
memphis
Outside of b-ball, that's about it. Besides, UT controls Tenessee.
new orleans
New Orleans is controlled by, and in this order; 1. The Saints. 2. LSU. 3. La Tech. 4. La Lafeyette/La Monroe 5. La Monroe/La Lafayette. 6. Tulane.
philadelphia
Penn State comes first by a long shot. Plus, they don't have much market penetration either (you seeing a pattern yet?).
orlando
In a state controlled by Florida, FSU, and Miami.
san diego
Yeah, USC and UCLA own most of it.
fresno
That's about the only one that actually has some standing.
boise
Tiny ass city in the middle of Idaho.
and the three military academies
Last I checked, they only had one, and Navy is being rumored to the ACC now. Besides, Army said no, and Air Force said no, twice.
not a bad list of population centers?
Except none of the teams have much market penetration in their own cities. Few people in these massive cities actually care about these programs. Look at SMU, barely over 10,000 people per game for example.
that could and should get you more money than laramie, greeley, logan, reno ....
CSEwe is in Fort Collins knucklehead. And both Laramie and CSEwe are in the Denver market (much like most of those other teams you mentioned). USU is in the Salt Lake City Market. Reno carries Northern Nevada, not just the city of Reno (seen it for myself). SJSU is in the Bay Area (larger than most of the others mentioned). Air Force is Air Force. UNM carries their market. UNLV, in basketball, they carry their market. And UW carries Wyoming (minus the small BYU holdout) and parts of other states, including Colorado.

So yeah, the MWC teams DO carry their markets. The teams the Least invited, are in big markets, but fall WAY short of ever carrying them.

And I'm FAR from the only one mocking this move. Check out just about any sports beatwriter/colomnist/blogger/radio host/whatever and they're ALL criticizing the Least for this move.
Tell me, how many of these teams the Least has, actually control their markets?