Martinez suspended indefinitely

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Also someone on the gowyogo board said that they arrested him at the Laramie airport? Any truth to that?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyofan4life5
Ranch Hand

im guessing they arrested him right when they got back from the Nevada trip
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:Also.... why in the hell is Shyatt even letting any members of the team go to the bar during the season? I mean I know Luke and some of the other players are old enough to drink but if I'm the coach I have a strict rule about no members of the team being allowed in any clubs or bars during the season and if you are caught at one then you get to miss a game or something. I would think Shyatt might have something in place after this situation because only bad can come from players hanging out in those types of places.

Of course maybe he had something in place already but it seems if he would have then Luke would have been suspended before.
That is wishful thinking but that is never going to happen.
You would never get players to stay 3 or 4 years here if they can not go out to the bar. They are 21 year olds and college kids. Just because they play college hoops wearing a UW jersey doesn't mean that they have to live a sheltered life.
I'm sure they want to be winning just as bad as we want them to
Wishful thinking? I disagree. It is for only during the season. That means between November to March no bars. They don't need to be going out during that time anyways because they are concentrating on basketball. Other programs have these rules. I know Laramie isn't the greatest place with lots of things to do but it comes down to do you want to play basketball or not? It isn't a sheltered life because you don't get to go to the bar either.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Maybe Luke and Shakir can be cellmates.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

seattlecowboy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:Also.... why in the hell is Shyatt even letting any members of the team go to the bar during the season? I mean I know Luke and some of the other players are old enough to drink but if I'm the coach I have a strict rule about no members of the team being allowed in any clubs or bars during the season and if you are caught at one then you get to miss a game or something. I would think Shyatt might have something in place after this situation because only bad can come from players hanging out in those types of places.

Of course maybe he had something in place already but it seems if he would have then Luke would have been suspended before.
That is wishful thinking but that is never going to happen.
You would never get players to stay 3 or 4 years here if they can not go out to the bar. They are 21 year olds and college kids. Just because they play college hoops wearing a UW jersey doesn't mean that they have to live a sheltered life.
I'm sure they want to be winning just as bad as we want them to
Wishful thinking? I disagree. It is for only during the season. That means between November to March no bars. They don't need to be going out during that time anyways because they are concentrating on basketball. Other programs have these rules. I know Laramie isn't the greatest place with lots of things to do but it comes down to do you want to play basketball or not? It isn't a sheltered life because you don't get to go to the bar either.
I would agree with this.

When I am at work, getting paid, I can't do things I can do it home. In college sports, you are on the clock as a player and ambassador for the school from season start to season end. (year round if you ask me, but that is beside the point). The least they can do is keep their nose clean for a few months. Wishful thinking? of course, but this kind of bull#### is getting old. I am donating money out of state to this University athletic program. For crying out loud, I just did my will and if I die, the Cowboy Joe Club and Athletic Dept is getting a decent chunk. A lot of us are invested emotionally and FINANCIALLY into this program. Stay out of the ####ing bars!
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Cuttslam wrote:Maybe Luke and Shakir can be cellmates.

Too soon??? :coffee:
wyofan4life5
Ranch Hand

I play NAIA football in Montana, and we have a no bar policy during the fall and it ends after out last game and then starts up again when spring ball starts.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

one more thing---

If this turns out to be some @sswipe just getting Luke in trouble and pushing charges...then I still side with Luke. I dont agree with his behavior, but if this is a setup to get him in some trouble, then I will 100% side with Luke. Innocent until proven guilty. (but that doesnt mean i cant still be pissed off)...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I'm guessing that this is one of them deals where no charges would have been filed if Luke wasn't on the basketball team.
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Also someone on the gowyogo board said that they arrested him at the Laramie airport? Any truth to that?
No truth to that.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Poke in Billings wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Getting into a bar fight is one thing. What he did was another. Hence the charges.
Really? You're going to put that out there, and leave everyone hanging?
Sorry. Hopefully Gags (etal) can pick it up and report it.

"An affidavit of probable cause, which will provide more information about Martinez's involvement in the Buckhorn fight, will also become public record on Tuesday."
Dear Karma,

djm19
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:I'm guessing that this is one of them deals where no charges would have been filed if Luke wasn't on the basketball team.
You are probably right. Probably a closet-drinking BYU guy.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

djm19 wrote:
laxwyo wrote:I'm guessing that this is one of them deals where no charges would have been filed if Luke wasn't on the basketball team.
You are probably right. Probably a closet-drinking BYU guy.
I know some of your comment is TIC, but the reality is that felony charges aren't typically filed unless there is some substantial evidence and justification. Because felony charges were filed, I think this has nothing to do with athlete v. non-athlete and charges would have been filed regardless.

If only misdemeanor simple assault charges were filed, then my opinion may be different.

Although, we will all have a better idea tomorrow when details are released.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Two things:
1st as a wyoming fan... I know i don't file charges if i am the one that got hit.

2nd Luke is an idiot why in the world would you go and get in a fight. It is one thing to go out and get drunk and be at the bars but come on. Use some damn sense!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

W-Y, Until I Die!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

laxwyo wrote:Image
dumb
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote:felony charges aren't typically filed unless there is some substantial evidence and justification. Because felony charges were filed, I think this has nothing to do with athlete v. non-athlete and charges would have been filed regardless.
Bingo. Felony charges being filed, indicates everything is out of the hands of the victims, whether they want or not.
Dear Karma,

djm19
WyoNation Addict

A few things I have heard....

I heard he used a tire iron to jam in the tires of a motorized cart and then used a Cousin Eddie Moose Mug to smash the 79 year old lady in the melon, then he started to go around the parking lot roundhouse kicking people in the jaw like Patrick Swayze on Roadhouse.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I am soooo disappointed by this whole issue, whom we thought was a team leader and trustworthy is slowly going south, maybe it's for the best that we sever ties with this troublemaker. Man oh man what a loss to such a promising player and a team leader, time for the rest of the team to step it up and let's see what we have with players that wanna be a part of something special. aaargh so disappointing